Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:01 pm
Because, well, why not. This thread is for people coming into the guild to introduce themselves and try to convince us about how awesome they are. I was suggested to create this thread with a skeleton profile for people to use to submit their information, but confines are for LOSERS. Feel free to tell us anything you want about yourselves smile

If in doubt, look at what people before you have posted.

Enjoy, hello, and welcome to the guild smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm
I will say this: My name be Michael. I be gamer. xD

I play in real life, I have a Rog8/Ass8 HalfElf (currently halfling not of my choice, we can thank redneck trees for that... Yeah, not happy, but I'll get him back).

I'm a huge AltRock fan (Rise Against, Avril Lavigne (her old stuff), Green Day, etc.) but I like easier listening sometimes too (The Decemberists, Mumford and Sons, Flogging Molly).

Very Irish. If I curse, it's heritage, so saying that's bad is racist. :3

Other than that, just ask.  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:02 am
Michael Bladebreaker
I will say this: My name be Michael. I be gamer. xD

I play in real life, I have a Rog8/Ass8 HalfElf (currently halfling not of my choice, we can thank redneck trees for that... Yeah, not happy, but I'll get him back).

I'm a huge AltRock fan (Rise Against, Avril Lavigne (her old stuff), Green Day, etc.) but I like easier listening sometimes too (The Decemberists, Mumford and Sons, Flogging Molly).

Very Irish. If I curse, it's heritage, so saying that's bad is racist. :3

Other than that, just ask.

I commend your taste in music and your level 8 a**  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 am
lol You know it. Then again, I'm pretty sure there's someone else out there with a higher level a** than me.

Maybe it's Keira Knightley.

Yeah, Keira Knightley probably has a higher level a** than me. God knows she's gotten more experience using it. But DAMN she is hot.  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vinchenzo The Jackal

Chatty Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:36 am
Hi, avid RPG fan. Played D&D games for most of my life, along with other things. I even played P&P versions of D&D and even the Diablo series which Blizzard (c) makes. I've tried inventing my own versions of games in P&P forms, not that that would be impressive since I'm a lousy DM.
However I have a ton of potential as a player. I get really deep into any and every character I make. Roleplaying games will be part of my life for along time to come.
I tend to create characters that tend to be Elves, Half-elves, Humans, Lycanthropes, Fey, Kobolds, Dragons, Half-dragons, Dragon-touched, Gnolls, and I've even played as Lizardfolk. That might seem a very 'wierd' mix of things, but I enjoy a bit of variety and the 'unusual' as most people would call it. I tend to make Wizards, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Druids, Rangers, Clerics, and even Psions and Bards. I've never enjoyed playing as 'classes' that are primarily 'kill first talk later', and I've known for my characters to tend to each have their own unique prejudices and phobias. Hydrophobia and a fear of cadaverous undead being the two most common phobias I think I've ever used, along with a fear of fire...
Well, hopefully this is enough info so people know abit about me and my likes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:46 am
Wait, we have one of these?!

Anyways, I'm Laertes. Been gaming for the better part of a decade, and in a variety of systems, from ADnD to Shadowrun. I've looked at a lot of great systems, and I'd like to think I'll try nearly any system once... You know, with obvious exceptions(I'm looking right at you, FATAL).

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm
Here's what you need to know.

My real name is Ron. That's all you get.

I'm a gamer. Video game wise, I play Maple Story, Minecraft, and TES: Oblivion mostly. Tabletop wise, I play D&D, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, Big Eyes Small Mouth, and Vampire the Masquerade. I've been trying to learn the rest of the World of Darkness games. I have run campaigns in D&D, Pathfinder, and Call of Cthulhu.

I'm an artist. I do avi art for people, and I like to write. The writing actually helps the quality of my campaigns.

I'm an anime fan. I like a lot of different types, but my favorites are giant robots and fantasy.

I like most types of music. I'm not a fan of country or gangster rap. I like almost all of the rest. There are some groups or bands that I could give or take.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:56 pm
Welcome, Ron!

I've always wanted to play Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Strikes me as something I'd enjoy much more than Vampire: The Masquerade (which I *DO* have experience playing). I have the rulebooks for the Requiem and the Forsaken too, but I haven't had much opportunity to look at them.

Welcome aboard smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

kitsune kittingata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 am
yah to tell you the truth i never had played d&d and i am relly wanting to learn if some one could help me i could set up a chariter and would gladly learn how to play eather pm me or add me and we could im for the help thank you  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm
Arsenul here. You can Google the RLSH and it will be the first thing to come up. Before you hate on it you should really look into it. My life is a RP. I do solo rock climbing, parkour, urban climbing, and a lot of combat stuff. I'm great with a gun and when ammo is short I hit my mark 4/5 times. I am best with the medium sized strait blade katana. I can only dance with a sword. I don't have a bullet proof vest yet but when I do I'll wear it every time I go out. Before I die I wish to perfect a larping trick that will be know as Give Me a Boost.

To the game related stuff. I usually RP a spy. It works for me. I'm in a lot of guilds that work in the towns and I usually have to double spy them. Working on getting my old outfit back so it will take some time and my cat just shat a big one. I'm going to go throw up now.  

Arsenul RLSH

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:19 pm
Hiya, Kitsune, Arsenal! Welcome aboard!

... Arsenal, you might want to go clean that up ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:05 pm
Hey there, Guildies!

An exuberant salutation to you all! My real name is Iris and I enjoy a lot of things in life at the moment. I am an anime and manga fan who has had a long, maybe even tumultuous, love affair with my education (I love learning about new things almost all the time), a possible addiction to Youtube, biology/the medical sciences, storytelling, novel reading, writing, and of course, role playing.

One thing bothers me, though: I've never played a full-fledged tabletop RPG, before. Well, I never played long enough where I felt I was apart of the game and the group because I failed getting a local group together, and when a group did form, no one invested into the game. As a result, I finally worked up the courage to set aside my fears of incompetency within the D&D field, and joined this guild.

I am looking forward to learning more about the D&D universe/multiverse as well as other roleplaying platforms. Not to say that I'm completely out of the loop in roleplaying games, just maybe a little outdated; I have a beginner's set for D&D and some core books from White-Wolf: Vampire the Masquerade, Kindred of the East (companion guide for the Masquerade), Exalted 1st Edition, Exalted 2nd Edition, and Exalted: Lunars.

I find being passionate about sharing stories whether fictional, or not with each other to be a fun experience as well as an enriching one (although I still need to refine my own verbal and written technique, lol). There are so many personalities belonging to so many different people in this place, I feel there's more than enough creative fuel and imagination to get everyone interested and having as much fun as possible.

See you on the pixelated plains, adventurers ~!

Iris

Edit: Oh, P.S. I have an unhealthy interest in Cthulhu, New Weird genre fiction, and anything that expands the limits of my imagination.

User Image

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:00 pm
... we have one of these things?!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:03 pm
Welcome!

You sound like you have quite the active imagination! I'll let you in on a trade secret: It's a trait required to me a good Game Master (GM). Though completely understandable if that's something you don't want to do until you have more experience playing under your belt (an entirely reasonable request). But if you decide to stay with us, I'd like to see you GM at one point.

You should invest in a Cthulhu based game. There's Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu which would be good starting points. X  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:18 pm
Raganui Minamoto
... we have one of these things?!

If you mean a giant tentacled, pan-dimensional extraterrestrial with an incredibly massive egocentric, nihilistic-almost impeccable distaste for anything capable of hugs and cupcakes, then, of course! Let's get this party started!

Rain Yupa
Welcome!

You sound like you have quite the active imagination! I'll let you in on a trade secret: It's a trait required to me a good Game Master (GM). Though completely understandable if that's something you don't want to do until you have more experience playing under your belt (an entirely reasonable request). But if you decide to stay with us, I'd like to see you GM at one point.

You should invest in a Cthulhu based game. There's Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu which would be good starting points. X

Humblest of thanks for being so warm! Thank you very much, I don't know if I can be a GM just yet (^^ wink ; I would love the opportunity, I mean I'll do the best I can, but I would love to go on some adventures and just immerse in the unknown, first.

Ah! Huzzah!! I'll definitely check that out, thank you, Mr. Yupa!

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff