Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 8 - The Atrium / Welcome Center
Lifts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 pm
Lifts

To enter the lifts allowing access to the rest of the Ministry (tenth floor excepted), visitors must pass through a set of golden gates, beside which is a security stand. The guard at the stand registers visitors' wands.

Make sure that you have gone through the security stand before you post here to get to any level of the MoM!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:09 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXUser Image

New Lord Moineau BernardTaken by BradleyKnower of Occulumency ♋Illegitimate Nott ♚ Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
                                                        Tobi actually resisted the urge to prank one of the unsuspecting witches and wizards coming and going through the floo and told himself he'd just do double the effort when he was done with this dumb case. He refused to believe that he was "growing up" or anything disturbing like that! Raising a hand to ruffle his short hair in the back his eyes glanced over the sea of magical beings and happened to see the form of someone he had never even dreamed of meeting at his place of work. Of course, it was rather stupid to believe he would never run into his own father in the ministry considering that he was in fact the Chief Warlock, and wouldn't that be a the very pièce de résistance that he would one day have to defend a client in one of those courtrooms. He wonders if the old man would have to recuse himself if that ever happened and then gave a bitter laugh to himself. That would have to require him to actually acknowledge him, his b*****d son, his Hufflepuff b*****d son to the Ministry and worse, the public. He didn't care what would happen to his career or his political standing or whatnot if that ever got out, the young defender just refused to be placed in the spotlight for something that was out of his hands. Tobi shook himself out of his thoughts and took another peek at his pocket watch and saw that he wanted to be remotely on time he better start heading upwards. Without even taking another look at his...whatever, he headed towards the lifts and got caught up in the usual group of late comers or goers who were doing something so important that a simple "excuse me" was out of the question. Thankfully he managed to push his way through the hoard of people and into an empty lift and hit the button of the floor he needed to go to.

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:38 pm
𝕿heodore 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd
ℭ𝔥𝔦𝔢𝔣 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔱

User Image

xxx Theodore had hoped to find himself in solidarity, or if in the least, in the company with an auror, at least they had the latest news, he found himself with a much younger gentlema—oh bloody seven hells no— ”Tobi,” the name was uttered more brusquely then he had intended. He cleared his throat, steadied himself carefully in the lift and pressed the button for the second level before he anchored himself to the golden rope dangling overhead. ”You look well...” He flared through his nostrils, breaths suddenly heavy. Every transgression that he'd ever accused Tobi of had suddenly flashed in his mind's eye, though every single one of them may as well have been made up. He didn't actually know him, what right did he have?

xxx But dammit, could it be true? Had he been spending his nights at the Bernard manor with some—”I understand you've been living in your mother's estate, it isn't unusual for a man of your stature to wed after graduation...” Maybe he was leading the conversation, but he needed the truth. Or at least to be lied to properly, he deserved that much, didn't he!? ”Have you any plans for the future?” Was it horribly inappropriate to ask such? Maybe, but only maybe.

╔══════════════╗
Level Eight: The Atrium
In the Lift
╚══════════════╝

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42 pm

New Lord Moineau BernardTaken by BradleyKnower of Occulumency ♋Illegitimate Nott ♚ Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
                                                        Tobi's eyes widened as he spotted Theodore get onto the lift and he barely resisted the childish urge to tell him to go away. Goddammit there were no books or pamphlets on this sort of s**t but everything in the blasted world about gum disease. When the older man said his name he turned to him and raised an eyebrow in an uncharacteristically mocking way as he tried and failed to trade niceties. He looked like he was an inch away from jumping from the lift that's what the bloody hell he looked like. For a split second he wanted the elder Nott to say something bad just so he could have the right to completely blow up on him, to release every single thing that the's held in since Elaine's funeral, hell if he were honest even before that. He wanted to rant, to scream, to accuse him for not being there, of being a horrid person along with being a horrid father. Or at least, he supposed he was. He was sure this man didn't just decide to be utter crap when it came to him, and if he had that just made him an even bigger b*****d that he originally imagined. Instead of all that he forced all those thoughts towards the back and dipped his head in a seemingly gentleman nod. "Thanks, you too." he finally forced out. He even made sure to speak "proper English" instead of his usual choppy dialect. Tobi assumed that would be the end of it but no, he had to keep talking acting like he was actually concerned or something. His golden hazel eyes widened a fraction and he was sure had he been a cartoon bull, steam would have come out his nostrils from the giant exhale he had given. How the ******** did he know where he lived?! And how the hell did he know about his engagement?! Alright, if he were thinking clearly, he could assume he guessed considering he wasn't exactly hiding his engagement ring but about his living arrangements...was he actually checking up on him? Did he have people spying on his whereabouts and telling him? The actual-"Where I've been livin' isn' any of your damn business old man." he hissed at his father his eyes flashing in irritation. Dammit! He was trying not to lose his temper, he had to seem calm and collected in court in less than five minutes but he was stuck in a ******** lift with the man who squigglies produced him. He barely held in the sigh of exasperation at his next question, a typical father question if the stories were true at that. "Livin'. T'at seems to be it." Tobi answered flippantly with crossing his arms and schooling his facial features into that of someone extremely disinterested. As far as he was concerned,....actually, he wasn't.

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 pm
𝕿heodore 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd
ℭ𝔥𝔦𝔢𝔣 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔱

User Image

xxx Tension thickened to a hard lump in the back of throat, it jumped up and down as he struggled to swallow it whole. From his peripherals, he sized the boy up and down, though, he had to admit, he was growing into more of a man than a boy each and every day. He had his bone structure, he realized, but he also had his mothers chin and nose, the same dark hair of amber gold, and those elusive glowing eyes. He looked more like William, his eldest son, but, he had his bets that the boy was more like Remington, spiteful and stubborn. Theodore should have never left his third born son to live in the care of the Fallreins, look at what it'd done to him! His hair was styled choppily, more than likely the work of some muggle stylist, his pants seemed much too tight, he bore a blazer suit, quite the contrast the robes and pointed hats of the wizarding world. Tobi's first spoken words were begrudging, maybe even mocking, if he cared to notice. But the next flash of spat venom had snapped his eyes away from the gates and directly bore into him. ”Such insolence,” he seemed more disappointed than angry, and sighed even. ”You're a lord now, start acting like one. And for Merlin's sake, stand up straight boy, no Wizengamot judge will take you seriously otherwise.“

xxx He would not allow his son to parade about the courtrooms like a jester on trial, for bloodys ******** sake. It was uncomely and downright scandalous. If the truth of the boy's lineage should ever make it to the papers—he didn't know what he would do. ”Live your life as you will, fine.” He sneered. ”But one day you'll soon learn, in this world, your business... is everyone's business.” And wasn't that the sheer irony of it all?

xxx ”I don't pretend to know why you despise me, boy.” It occurred to Theodore now, that he'd never actually said the boy's name aloud before, not until today. ”But you'll suffer it like I suffer you all the same.” He spat. It wasn't what he meant to say, not at all. The notion occurred to him in a fleeting realization, how could he ever be truly blamed for something he never knew existed? Hadn't known existed... Until it was just too damn late.

╔══════════════╗
Level Eight: The Atrium
In the Lift
╚══════════════╝

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:24 pm

╔═══════════════════╗
                                                        Tobi growled beneath his breath at the older man's reprimand and had half a mind to tell him to shove it up his arse because it would be the only thing that gave a crap. But he held his tongue and actually straightened his spine and stood his full six feet three inches and bared his teeth in poor imitation of a smile. "Better?" he asked in a drawling manner. How dare this b*****d talk to him like he honestly cared what he thought? Even worse, like he actually cared about him. He could see the way his eyes roamed over his choice of attire and cared little about how he might seem to him. So what if he didn't wear the regulation robes and hat, it was about time they lost that s**t anyway. Who the hell took someone seriously wearing a pointy hat?! He huffed and rolled his eyes as Theodore spoke about his business being everyone's business and barely held back his scalding tongue wanting to yell that it technically wasn't his business but their business considering he held the sperm which led to his conception. Arsehat. A brief thought bubble came to mind on a spell that could actually make that a reality. It was his next words however that ruined his brief moment of amusement and dropped the temperature of the lift to almost negative proportions. "How could I despise someone I don't even know?" Tobi told the man plainly looking dead into his eyes, near identical to his own. In a way he told the truth; he didn't know Theodore Nott, only knowing what he had found out and what Elaine had briefly told him. And if he were only honest with himself, truly honest, he didn't hate the man. How could he when he was just as surprised about his parentage as he had been? But that didn't mean he had to like the man, and at the moment he was definitely straying into loathing territory. The lift suddenly came to a stop and the doors opened up as the disembodied female voice said that they had reached level two of the ministry. "Your floor sir" He told him quietly without even looking at him. Whether the old man like it or not he was done talking to him. Like he said, he would live his life as he would and be damn well pleased about it.

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew