Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 8 - The Atrium / Welcome Center
Lobby and Reception Area Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:57 pm
The Atrium
Lobby and Reception Area

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to the Ministry of Magic!

This is where all witches and wizards arrive at the Ministry using a few methods of transportation to get here: using the external entrance (an unused telephone booth) or arriving via Floo by a series of gilded fireplaces lining the left-hand side of the long hallway leading into the Atrium proper.

Visitors may depart through a series of fireplaces lining the right-hand side of the hall.

If you are a visitor seeking help or perhaps a job, please make your way to a free secretary here at the front desk.

"The ceiling is peacock blue with golden symbols moving over it; the floor, polished dark wood. Halfway into the Atrium is the Fountain of Magical Brethren. The fountain features golden statues of a wizard, a witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf, all which spout water from various locales into the pool of water below. To enter the lifts allowing access to the rest of the Ministry (tenth floor excepted), visitors must pass through a set of golden gates, beside which is a security stand. The guard at the stand registers visitors' wands."

Lobby Secretaries
Kris Greene

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 pm
Training and Requirements

Click here for a list of requirements.

If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application found in the 'Job Applications' subforum.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:42 pm
This is the Atrium Lobby and Reception Area

This is a roleplay area for the secretaries for the Lobby and Reception Area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Of all the bloody useless gits that he had to deal with! He was becoming a firm believer that damn near everyone who worked int he Ministry was nothing more then bloody pollocks. Of all the low life milk curling blowhards they had told him to wait, WAIT! Go home like the other parents. Sit and be a good boy and don't do anything rash. Rash? What did they know of rash? Was there child missing? Yuan's heart went out to the other parents who were missing their girls but he could not help his selfish thoughts. They were students at Hogwarts, they knew some spells and could think highly enough to defend themselves. Lior was three, THREE. The poor thing was probably terrified, hungry and didn't know what on earth was going on. All it would take was some sweet words and a gentle act and the boy would be putty. Lior wouldn't understand the danger he was in. The boy was bright for his age but he was still a toddler. If they had threatened Yuan or claimed to, he was certain Lior would cave to any demand. These people were beasts plain and simple. A growl rippled out of the wizard more animal like then human. The air around the raven haired wizard was a storm of violent energy that was practically buzzing, promising his intents to any fool stupid enough to mess with him right now.

Illusions! That viper had used Illusions on him! The dastardly foul hearted wench had tricked him! If he had known they never would have taken his wand. If he had known she wouldn't have put her slimy paws on his precious boy's head. If he had known.....tense shoulders slumped forward as the anger leaked out of him so fast it took the strength from his legs. Yuan dropped by the side of the room his hand half catching on the fountain. If he had known those men were illusions Lior would still be with him. Lior would be safe no matter what the price had been. That woman would be dead if she was lucky and frankly Yuan didn't care if Lior had seen that side of him. He would do anything for his son, anything to keep him safe even if it meant selling his soul. Sapphire eyes gazed dully down at the floor as Yuan sat back on his heel not noticing the fact he had managed to cut open his hand nor the bruises forming on his knees. All he could see in his mind were those big eyes looking at him confused.

The Auror's office was probably in even more of an uproar now that he had visited. OF course it wasn't often that someone came in probably in the rage that he had been. His father had been stunned at his appearance, Xenos even more so. The albino though had matched his mood which his father had been shocked. Xenos was always the opposite of Yuan when it came to tempers. The cold in the room had increased when the Albino had heard the news but Yuan's temper had roared on. Only to Xenos and his father had Yuan told his tale with even an ounce of calm but it was short lived. He wanted ot be out there on the hunt but he wasn't an Auror. He wasn't even sure if his father could be there. Xenos though, even as Lior's godfather, was more then likely safe. Now all there was left to do was to wait. What in God's name had he done to deserve this? Had he gotten arrogant with his abilities? Had he angered someone for using his gifts to earn a living for himself and his young son? There wasn't a voice to answer those questions.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

The ghosts of my future: Grog
That which dances through my mind: I will find them and I will kill them
Your future may end here: 10" Alder with a Unicorn Hair core
Voices from the distant future: Yuan is a ball of feels that I can't handle right now XD

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:24 pm
User Image
User Image

The message from Xenos had been a shock. First of all she never expected a message from her brother's love. she nearly missed it had it not been so clearly signed to her. Though more then the sender the content is what made her hold her breath. The little adorable child that Yuan had had been taken. Of course the news that he was not taking it well came as no surprise to her. She could only imagine how Xenos or Dante would react if the same ever happened to them. There was no one home and even if either came home early at least Xenos would know of her whereabouts. She quickly fixed herself to be a bit more presentable then quickly rushed to find him. Her mind was swirling with thoughts of what to say. How would she comfort someone when she'd been the one comforted all her life. She prayed that somehow her presence would be of help. Yuan and she had spent some time together though not as often as she preferred.Especially after he had left school. Her heart raced as she felt the need to move faster grow in her.

Before entering she took a moment to relax herself. She'd be of no use if she came in panting and wheezing from rushing over. The exhausted lady earned a few looks from those leaving and entering. She offered a gentle smile in return which seemed to keep their curiosity from prying to much into her business. Taking one deep breath she made her way inside. It didn't take long for her to see him. He looked tense even from where she was standing. Faintly from this angle she could see blood. This sight snapped her from her nerves and she lifted her dress to rush over to him. Rose did not want to frighten him as she could only imagine his mind was deep in thought and frustration and so she approached him from the front. Clutching her small handbag she softly uttered his name
"Yuan..."she said first hoping it would catch his attention. He did not seem to take notice. Moving around she placed a hand over his after kneeling down. She frowned at the injuries he'd sustained then tilted her head to look into his glazed over eyes.

"Yuan" she repeated again, this time her tone was stronger and clearer.
"Xenos told me what happened."she added softly. There seemed to be no response and so she wrapped her arms around his and lightly pulled on them,
"come now, let's get you off the floor. I need to take care of your hand"she said her voice gentle like a nurses.
"And you can talk to me about what happened though we should probably be in a more private location"she said still trying to lift him though being far heavier than she it was not easy, she'd need some cooperation from his end. Her heart ached to see him like this. If she could do anything to help she would.

User Image

These walls are familiar: Ministry Lobby
As are these faces:Distraught Yuan
What is this growing inside me?: Sympathy and sorrow for him
A voice in the dark speaks to me: GUYS I"M STILL ALIVE....I AM REALLY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image
User Image

Seconds after the girl approached Yuan the lift arrived at the Lobby again. A woman walked out of it a scroll in hand and quill poised at the ready. "Mr. Trinity! Sir!" she said as she approached rapidly. "Alicia Alvern, Daily Prophet, I was in the Aurors office when you came in, I overheard your situation." she said holding out her free hand. I hope he will be willing to talk to me. she thought as she looked at the young man. "I am sorry for the events that occurred, I know if my children disappeared I would do all I can to get them back, which is exactly what I am offering." she said. as she released the quill and paper, and they floated in the air. "If you would allow me a short interview on the events I can make sure that it will hit the evening prophet and everyone will know your story." she said.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:29 pm
User Image
User Image

A soft voice stirred him from his thoughts. Who was talking to him? Couldn't they see he was busy? Why didn't they just leave him alone? Warmth wrapped around his arms as his name was called again this time though he heard Xenos' too? What did they want? They were tugging at him as if trying to get him up but to be honest he half wanted to just sit there and rot for failing his son like that. Slowly though he looked up to see shining emerald eyes looking down at him with concern and worry. It took him a long moment to realize who that was before him but he knew it was friendly. Yuan let the figure pull him up but he only made it far enough to sit heavily on the fountain his bleeding hand dropping against his thigh. Finally it clicked and Yuan wasn't sure he was seeing things right. Xenos did you always have to mess with things that weren't your business? He was capable of taking care of himself he didn't' need someone there to watch him. All the while he couldn't help but rejoice a little at the familiar dark haired lady now here with him. "Rose?" He said softly his voice rough and hoarse from the yelling that had exploded out of him even fifteen minutes ago. To him though he barely noticed the harsh whisper that was his voice right now. Rose had come here....for him?

"Rose? What are you doing here?" He continued the jumbled mess of his mind not catching what she had said. She shouldn't be here. Not for him....was something going with Dante? Maybe that was it....Wait no... Yuan paused a moment his blue eyes clouding a bit in thought. He had seen Xenos pull away a moment while his father was trying to get him under control. In that moment a quill had been writing quickly and Rhys, Xenos' eagle and sped form the room. Xenos had called her. "Damn it Xenos..." He muttered shaking his head. "Really Rose...I'm....I'll be alright...You don't have to be here." He continued not really wanting her there but glad she was. Such a shining picture of a put together man right now he must seem. Before he got a chance to continue though someone called across the lobby to him and tired blue eyes looked up to see a woman rushing towards them.

Alicia ALvern.....cripes it was the head of the Daily Prophet. From what she said she had been there and well didn't he just give her a lovely story. A bit of his anger flooded back into him but Yuan tried to squash it. Hadn't he ripped enough heads today? "Mrs. Alverin..." Yuan said slowly his voice rough and hurting making it difficult to breath at times. "What's my story going to do? Can you bring him back to me? Or do you want a story about the man before he killed the monsters who took his son?" He tried not to snap but to his later concern, he didn't succeed. It was cold and harsh and his glare probably matched. Knowing this woman though she wouldn't be put of even a little by that.

The ghosts of my future: Grog, Rose, Alicia Alvern
That which dances through my mind: So many problems right now
Voices from the distant future: Sorry for not being a posting beast today -.-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:40 pm
User Image
User Image

She gave a sympathetic smile as he moved, she did not let go till he was sitting somewhat comfortably on the fountain. Her frown deepened at the cut to his hand though it didn't seem too dangerous at the moment. Her mouth opened to offer some comfort but was interrupted when a rather loud yell distracted her.She turned to see the woman approaching him and with the usual pep that the news seemed to have for even the worst of situations began to pester him for an interview. "Is this really an appropriate time"she said to her keeping her tone light and polite. "Can't you see he's distraught leave him be"she said keeping herself calm. It bothered her but unlike her brother she would not explode from anger. She knew that keeping herself composed can usually get things done. "And he is hurt, I need to get this cleaned and he needs to rest his mind if a solution is to be made"she said hoping her words would make some progress with the pesky woman and her desire for good news.

User Image

As are these faces:Distraught Yuan and a bothersom Alicia
What is this growing inside me?: Sympathy and sorrow for him frustration towards the other in their presence
A voice in the dark speaks to me: GUYS I"M STILL ALIVE....I AM REALLY

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image
User Image

The raven haired wizard started to stand eyes locked on the older woman. Did she really want a story this bad? Was this really that important? How on earth would this help! Before Yuan could say another word he swayed violently as a voice whispered into his mind. The words were soft but distant, the voice distictly female but sounding a bit more like a distant dream. Saphhire blue eyes rolled back and Yuan stilled as a vision rolled over him. Oh how he hated it when it happened like this! A sight of young boy with violent intent. A cottage outside of little Haggleton. Then a very familiar sight the pulled at his heart. Hogwarts. That place caused so many emotions in a person no matter what their memories of the place were. The castle loomed away bringing into view Hogsmead and then a shop. Yuan had been there many times with his old friend Cyrus, his nutty potions master of a friend. Throughout the whole vision he felt this strange being's presence but all the while he couldn't help but feel like Lior was right there with her. What on ear- the vision released and Yuan dropped. As he knees buckled he managed to shake out of it fast enough to half catch himself a sharp gasp leaving him. Well that was new.

He was shaking, he always was after visions though. Someone...something...was helping him. He could not shake that feeling. There was someone out there helping him for good or ill he didn't know. What he did know wast that he now had a place to start. The anger dropped someone in him becoming a warming pool of energy instead of a raging storm. Sorrow shook from his shoulders as he let a shiver roll down his spine and still the shaking limbs. Standing he took a deep breath looking at Rose a very long moment before speaking. "I-I have to go. Don't ask just know I'll be back. Mrs. Alvern I'll give you my story later. Right now I need to do my job and follow my visions." He said calmly and clearly sounding more like himself then he had all day though his voice was still rough from the yelling. Pulling a handkerchief from his pocket he bound his bleeding hand quickly before turning to look back at Rose again. "Thank you. I"m sorry I'll explain later." He continued before swiftly kissing her on the cheek and moving away. In an instant he aparated away.

{exit to hogsmead.}

The ghosts of my future: Grog, Rose, Alicia Alvern
That which dances through my mind: Well hello mysterious guest
Voices from the distant future: Sorry Spaz! VT asked if I could keep moving. She will get her story though promise!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm
User Image
User Image

Alicia was not surprised at the man's anger to her proposition. "Quite the opposite, this here will give a whole new outlook to how the ministry is handling these recent disappearances, which would make the population demand for something to be done. Which would result in forcing the ministry to take action." she said, but before she could finish the boy left the scene. She sighed as the girl spoke up. "It was necessary to, this is the best course of action for the whole situation." she said. "The Ministry is supposed to satisfy the masses, right now they are not doing so, but the masses do not know it." she explained.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm
User Image
User Image

Rose sighed, feeling disappointment that she could not have more time with Yuan. Though she hoped at their next meeting all would be sorted out and they could have a calm 'catch up' conversation. Her attention was then diverted to the woman who had so rudely interrupted her attempts to calm him."I understand where you are coming from however the time of your arrival was not very well planned. He needed time to gather his mind together before the media got their filthy hands on him."she said standing up straight. She would be a picture of her mother though without that icy coldness that her mother had always around her. "And do not expect to get anything from me. I know little to nothing of the situation."she said eying the woman and her floating items.

User Image

As are these faces: bothersom Alicia
What is this growing inside me?: Sympathy and sorrow for him frustration towards the other in their presence
A voice in the dark speaks to me: ................

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm
User Image
Thackery is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Handsome in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // loving my wife, Piper.spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // ... A boy?spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Concernedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my God, what on Earth-!' spacespac

✥ ✥ ✥ Tell me your troubles and doubts, giving me everything inside and out, out
Love's strange; so real in the dark. Think of the tender things that we were working on.
✥ ✥ ✥
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Thackery was making his way to his office when he noticed a rather odd sight. Among the myriad of people arriving at the Ministry's Atrium, there was, on the floor... a duffle bag? It had clearly arrived through the toilet system, he noted, watching it with a curious look. He approached the bag slowly, and knelt before it, noticing that it seemed... as though there were a person inside! He shuddered ever so slightly and performed a short, quick series of charms and things to ensure that there were no spells or curses on the bag, and, confirming that there were not to the best of his ability, opened it to reveal a young man. His eyes narrowed with concern. This boy had to be of Hogwarts age... then it clicked. Han, the Head Auror, his son had gone missing recently, kidnapped from Hogsmeade. Rumors had flown about, merciless rumors about how the man was being forced to pay a ransom of practically everything he had, and that it would all be in vain, because the boy was already dead. But, Thackery was pleased to note that the young man, while looking a bit worse for the wear, was indeed alive! He raised the young man up, not without magical assistance of course, and carried him to front desk. "Excuse me, but could you page Mr. Han in the Auror's office? I do believe I've just found his son..." He was entirely unsure of what to do with the child. He supposed the best thing to do was to do exactly as he had, to have Han paged and wait here at the front desk... He didn't want to move the child too much, unsure of if he were injured or anything of that nature... but he couldn't have left him just laying in the floor. It would have been cruel! He frowned, hoping that Han would be here soon. Otherwise, he had no idea what to do. Hopefully, the man was in his office and not at home.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ✥ ✥ ✥ Slow change may pull us apart; I'll get us back together at heart, baby.
                                                          Don't you forget about me... Don't, don't, dont, you forget about me.
                                                          ✥ ✥ ✥

User Image

(( OOC: ))
You left before I could ask if you had any specific instructions beyond just 'find him' so I just went with it XD If I need to change it let me know!

Sir Spazalots

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:55 pm
User Image

Iseul rushed down as fast as the lifts would take him. He had just arrived on the scene to see Eun being supported by Thackery Lovette of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. "Eun!" he said throwing his arms around his barely conscious son. "Merlin! This boy needs a healer!" he said as he looked his son over. A bruised and swollen eye, dried blood on his head and clothes, barely able to stand. Whoever had done this beat the boy, perhaps daily.
Though for once the boy did not have his hair brightly colored or odd looking. He looked normal. He turned to the Guard. "Please inform Garret Drage that my son will be in St. Mungos and expecting interview when he is in proper condition." he said as he moved his son out of the Ministry. And to the magical hospital.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:30 pm
User Image

Edwin Ryans

Dad specifically said never date Slytherins... how do I end up dating two and marrying one of them?

Wand: 12 1/2 inches, Eucalyptus, with Phoenix feather, knobby
Mediwizard
Husband of "Casey" Ryans, owner of Flourish and Blotts
Father of one

Edwin Ryans hadn't been to the Ministry in years, he really had no need to, and coming from the entrance that Cara had used years ago to come and go felt odd. He glanced around feeling a chill down his back as he looked around. Remembering the use of the patronus to contact him, and thankful, he was able to produce a corperal patronus he figured it was best to get in touch with the aurors first. Remembering first holding his son, Edwin said, "Expecto Patronum," and was met with his patronus of a snake which he sent to contact the aurors.

Meanwhile he called out far more calmly and composed than he actually felt, "Oye? I heard there was an emergency...!"

Sir Spazalots

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:44 pm
User Image

Hey you, look around!
Can you hear that noise? It's a rebel sound.
We got nowhere else to go.

User Image

Magni came out of the lift, his wand already out as he scanned the area. He didn't see anything yet, and he lowered his wand, nodding to the guard on duty before he noticed a man from... St. Mungo's? He'd never needed to go there for an emergency, as he was always at Durmstrang for his injuries during quidditch. He gave the other man a nod as he approached, wand at the ready in case a dementor decided to show up. "Hei, jeg er Magnus Børson, en auror i trening. Jeg tror desperantene er nede i andre nivåer." When he realized he spoke Norwegian instead of English, he groaned and repeated himself. "Magnus Borson. I'm an auror in training that was sent up. I believe the dementors are down in other levels."

┏━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┓
State: Wary
OOC: ...

┗━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┛

User Image

And when the sun goes down, and we fill the streets,
You're gonna dance 'til the morning to the rebel's beat.
You can take everything from me, oh, yeah.
You can take everything from me
'Cause this is all I need.

[quote="mc2']

MoM Level 8 - The Atrium / Welcome Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out