Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Devotions On zOMG? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:45 pm
Hey guys! I randomly got this AWESOME idea! Well...I don't know if you'll think it's awesome, but I do! What if we held devotions on zOMG? It wouldn't really matter where we went. We could just go to some random place on the map and like start devotions there. Yes, things would be kind of complicated I guess...I mean, it's definitely not as easy as talking. In person you can open a Bible infront of everyone, look at hands being raised, and all this other stuff. I don't know how it would work but if you guys are up to the idea then I am too. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:39 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

That would be interesting, I don't know how that would work especially with everyone's different life schedules and time zones. Also, why zOMG? Why not Towns? Or both? Or is it because you play zOMG a lot/are a big fan of zOMG? (if so, maybe we can meetup sometime. I LOOOOOOVE zOMG : D ) You should also try to figure out just how many in this guild do zOMG in the first place/already. ^^

Extra Side Note sweatdrop - I'd be more comfortable with the term Bible study. To me devotions is different than a Bible study. It is a time to devote my whole self and time to the Lord, alone with the Lord. Just to have a one on one with him, not a one on five. To talk to him and be in His word with Him. With a Bible study, it is talking and fellowshipping with a group of people about His word and trying to understand and learn more about it together. The "two heads are better than one" phrase comes to mind for Bible studies. ^^ I don't know if there really is a difference, but to me there is. sweatdrop

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am
Be prepared for trolls.
You will get flamed.

But that is a good thing. =o
So...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:10 am
Thats a great idea, but we should also prepare for the people who will reject or.. something like talk bad. I once played with an atheist but he is friendly as long as I don't talk about Jesus. Kinda creeped me out though... sweatdrop

But.. lets see! Might be a good one. smile

xinixane

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:51 am
Br1ttana
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

That would be interesting, I don't know how that would work especially with everyone's different life schedules and time zones. Also, why zOMG? Why not Towns? Or both? Or is it because you play zOMG a lot/are a big fan of zOMG? (if so, maybe we can meetup sometime. I LOOOOOOVE zOMG : D ) You should also try to figure out just how many in this guild do zOMG in the first place/already. ^^

Extra Side Note sweatdrop - I'd be more comfortable with the term Bible study. To me devotions is different than a Bible study. It is a time to devote my whole self and time to the Lord, alone with the Lord. Just to have a one on one with him, not a one on five. To talk to him and be in His word with Him. With a Bible study, it is talking and fellowshipping with a group of people about His word and trying to understand and learn more about it together. The "two heads are better than one" phrase comes to mind for Bible studies. ^^ I don't know if there really is a difference, but to me there is. sweatdrop

Because grey will not do.

Yeah...you brought up the same exact point I was worried about. Maybe we'd have to like find a time over the weekend to do it and find out all the time zones and everything and work from there...I just tossed the idea out so I expected that there would be issues that would need to be fixed...I'm sure we can work everything (or most of it) out if we plan to go through with this.

As for zOMG, I was playing zOMG and got off and randomly thought "HEY! WHAT IF WE HAD DEVOTIONS ON zOMG???" So I made this thread thingy to see what others thought about it. I think I only went to the Gaia Towns once so I didn't even think about that at all. Plus I really like zOMG. And yeah, I'll have to find out how many people do play it...that was kind of an additional reason that I made this thread.

And ok we can call it Bible study. I'm not really sure there is a difference, but the name doesn't matter to me. Coming together to learn about God does. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am
iiangelwarrior
Thats a great idea, but we should also prepare for the people who will reject or.. something like talk bad. I once played with an atheist but he is friendly as long as I don't talk about Jesus. Kinda creeped me out though... sweatdrop

But.. lets see! Might be a good one. smile

As for people not wanting to do it, as long as there are enough who are interested I don't think it really matters. And maybe small groups are better. I'm not sure. I guess we'll find things out.....which do you think is better? Small groups, or a large one?  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 am
In addition:

I know that at my Youth Group, one of the Youth Group leaders teaches a message. Then everyone breaks off into groups run by the Youth Group leaders and talk about the message. Usually there are questions the Youth Group leaders made for that particular message. So yeah. They have a main message, break off into small groups and talk about it.

So if you want to do that then we'd need to find out who the Youth Group leaders would be and which people would go into their groups. Also, whichever leader was doing the message for that day (switching between Youth Group leaders is optional btw) could post a thread saying "Bible Study: (Title) (Date)" or "(Just Title of Bible Study Message)" or something like that. The thread would have the entire message they set up. Then at the end it could have something like "Now you can go off into your groups. Youth Group Leader 1's group: Bassken Lake. Youth Group Leader 2's group: Barton Town. Youth Group Leader 3's Group: Otami Ruins, etc." Or if you want to do towns, we could just replace the zOMG places with Gaia Towns (I don't know any of them xd ). And if you want to set up an approximate time for everyone to be at the area (because people read at different paces), that's fine too. We'd just have to make sure that the meet time wouldn't be too long after the post was made...and the meet time would have to depend on the length of the message and when it was posted, of course.

Another way could just be one big group.

If you want to do one group, then I guess we could just make a thread that tells everyone to go to this or that zOMG area/Gaia Town. Then...well it could go multiple ways. Someone could give a message and everyone there talks about it. Or maybe someone could just talk about something they recently read and share how it affected them personally and when they were done we could go on to the next person and talk about what effected them. Or maybe you could just take some event you heard on the news and talk about that or something....there's a lot of things....which is why this idea is open to fixing.

Of course in either the small groups or one large group, there would have to be preceding notices about when the Bible Study day would be. Then we could do the thread about where to gather and everything on that determined date. And yes there would have to be questioning on how other people's schedules are. But if everyone is open to it, then I'm sure we can work things out. And I believe that it's worth it if it involves coming together to learn about God. Also remember that not everyone will always be able to attend. So as long as there are enough people who are available, feel free to set up a date accordingly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 am
Testicular Diabeetus
Be prepared for trolls.
You will get flamed.

But that is a good thing. =o
So...

Haha trolls. They're inevitable anyway. I'm sure everything will be fine. Let the ignorant be ignorant. I just hope that others don't respond negatively.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19 pm
Well I know for me I wouldn't be able to do it over the weekend, as you said, because I have to work. (2-10pm est most times) Unless I got up early but I'm a (almost) 19 yr old so....yea. XD But also as you said we can just plan ahead. I'll maybe put this in the next guild announcement too. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm
Br1ttana
Well I know for me I wouldn't be able to do it over the weekend, as you said, because I have to work. (2-10pm est most times) Unless I got up early but I'm a (almost) 19 yr old so....yea. XD But also as you said we can just plan ahead. I'll maybe put this in the next guild announcement too. ^^

Sounds great. smile (not the you being unable to do weekends part, of course)  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Br1ttana

Sounds great. smile (not the you being unable to do weekends part, of course)

I was actually at work, at the time I posted that, because I'm horrible. >< But whether I'd be able to join in or not, (probably not) it is a good idea to try out. I just remembered today that I think about a half year or more so ago, someone posted about doing something like this in Towns. But it didn't get as much replies as this thread.

You would probably have to do it on a weekend since during the week people are at school, college, work, then doing homework or having a IRL social life (unlike me XD ), and then they couldn't stay up late to do it because they're going to bed early because they have to get up early the next day because of all the previous things.....rambled. sweatdrop And then maybe try a time in the middle of the day. I 99.9% of the time do my zOMG late at night. 10pm EST to whenever I can push myself off. XD But that probably wouldn't work for a lot of people. ><

But there's time to think it over and work out details. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:10 am
hmm....
Small groups are fine. Since big ones might overflood the place o.o
smile )
I don't know when I will be online though...
I have school and on the weekends, I cant play zomg because my mom forbid. I only play it when Im alone in the house... keke. smile

xinixane

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 am
iiangelwarrior
hmm....
smile )
I have school and on the weekends, I cant play zomg because my mom forbid. I only play it when Im alone in the house... keke. smile

Even for a Bible study? O_O Well when is your spring break? Maybe we can try it then when everyone is out of school and on the break. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 am
Br1ttana
iiangelwarrior
hmm....
smile )

Even for a Bible study? O_O Well when is your spring break? Maybe we can try it then when everyone is out of school and on the break. ^^

Sadly... yes. So I depend on guilds, my friends, and the bible. I do all this alone... since my parents don't alow me to be born again. They are Catholic btw. But for me, that doesn't really matter. I love them still ! 4laugh

We dont have spring break.. we have summer break. It starts in June and ends in august. We start school in September. smile

Nice idea! biggrin

xinixane

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

pinkglittergirl2

Sparkly Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 am