Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Girl Scout cookies O_O

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

So I got mine this past Sunday. 2 mint 2 peanut butter. I'm on my last 3 mints for the 1st box. >,< 

So did you order any girl scout cookies? If so which ones, how many? Did you get them yet and if so, are they yummy? ^^

I must say though that some of these mint ones taste a little....burnt. Maybe it's just because I'm stuffing them all in my face at once. -_- I tried to get my 7 yr old sister to try some, she said the mint was too minty and the peanut butter had too much peanut butter. gonk Do you now have or ever had a complaint about girl scout cookies or just particularly a box that you ordered?

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm
They set up a booth in the PX and I blew about 20$. Little scam artists shouldn't be allowed to do that =P

For real though, those cookies are awesome.  

rosadria

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 pm
VK Fox
They set up a booth in the PX and I blew about 20$. Little scam artists shouldn't be allowed to do that =P

For real though, those cookies are awesome.

LOL. XD I bought mine from a young cousin. And yea they are awesome, eating mine right at this second.(going in for the peanut butter >< )

Extra: Wow- I just put this thread up. O_O        

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm
I bought the coconut ones. I can't resist them. I was debating putting a sticky note on them with how many there are written on it, because certain persons like to get in my fridge and take my food. A certain person, who shall not be named, stole all my bowls too.  

rosadria

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

XD Maybe you should put mouse traps around the cookies and bowls. 

The coconut ones are my mom's favorite. I personally am not a big coconut fan. sweatdrop   

Whenever you run out, Keebler has cookies that taste just like the Girl Scout ones. Coconut, peanut butter, mint, and I think maybe some caramel. Same price though, well, where I buy them anyway. Maybe you could find them someplace for cheaper.  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 pm
Take a roll of thin mints, and put it next to the box. Its 70% cookies, 30% deceit and lies.  

Gregar828

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm
I love Thin Mints, but the texture of them makes my teeth feel weird so I cant eat a lot of them.

The Great Value Fudge Mint cookies at Walmart taste the same as the Girl Scout cookies.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm
Gregar828
Take a roll of thin mints, and put it next to the box. Its 70% cookies, 30% deceit and lies.

Sheesh, they're just cookies that are only here once a year. O_O       

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:12 pm
We got Trefoils, Samoas, and Tagalongs. My favorites. Yum! Unfortunately, they're all gone now. I ate them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 pm
Lol, it's funny how so many people like them and so many people don't.

I used to be a girl scout and they got so old. They have become a rip off over the years. In some places they are like $4 and other places more. It's a rip off because you can go to Walgreens, Safeway, or some dollar stores and get the mint cookies that taste better for only a dollar and you get more 3nodding

You can also make the Tagalongs yourself by buying Ritz crackers, bark chocolate, and peanutbutter. You take two Ritz crackers and put a little blob of peanutbutter in between and gently squeeze it down. Then, you melt the bark chocolate in the microwave until melted - don't cook too long. After that, bring it over to where you're making the cookies, get some tongs and take the Ritz crackers and peanut butter sandwiches and dip them into the chocolate, and flip until completely covered. After you make a whole batch or as many as you like, put them in the refrigerator for about 20 - 30 minutes or in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes and then enjoy. They taste a lot better and almost identical in flavor biggrin You can also make more for a lot less money!

I remember my husband bought some from a co-workers kid and I sold those cookies 10+ years before she did. I knew how many came in a box when I was a kid and it was a lot more and in a tray where you should only get like 20+ tagalongs, you only get like 10 now and it's a rip off.

The cookies also are expensive and are not rain forest safe because of the palm oil they use. If girl scouts cut back on palm oil for another alternative, it may save a lot of trees even though many other cookies use the ingredients. When girl scouts sell those cookies they only get like 10 cents or so and the other dollars go to the girl scout organization. If you sell so many cookies you get prizes and you can get big prizes for selling a lot like camping trips or right of way to go to certain fun events. It makes me wonder what the council does with a few million dollars when troops only get a small fraction of the amount.

I don't support girl scouts anymore for many reasons. I was one for about 10 years and in the end I remember quitting and my leader was all mad because then her daughter, my best friend, wanted to quit and eventually that whole troop fell apart. I didn't like the way I was treated in there some of the time. I put up with too many things for too long, mostly because I could hang out with my best friend longer. Most girl scout leaders are nasty, too. If you pick on their girls in their troop, they get angry. Most leaders just gossip about each other and it isn't a Christian thing at all >_< I wish I was never a part of it and regret that I was.

I may recommend an excellent site to tell you the truth where your money is going when you purchase these things or things you didn't know about the organization. There were things that I wasn't even told or didn't know for 10 years I was in it and it made me completely regret, but I didn't actually know (such as supporting planned parenthood and many other dirty tricks):

www.honestgirlscouts.com  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 pm
Aquatic_blue

I used to be a girl scout and they got so old. They have become a rip off over the years. In some places they are like $4 and other places more. It's a rip off because you can go to Walgreens, Safeway, or some dollar stores and get the mint cookies that taste better for only a dollar and you get more 3nodding

You can also make the Tagalongs yourself by buying Ritz crackers, bark chocolate, and peanutbutter. You take two Ritz crackers and put a little blob of peanutbutter in between and gently squeeze it down. Then, you melt the bark chocolate in the microwave until melted - don't cook too long. After that, bring it over to where you're making the cookies, get some tongs and take the Ritz crackers and peanut butter sandwiches and dip them into the chocolate, and flip until completely covered. After you make a whole batch or as many as you like, put them in the refrigerator for about 20 - 30 minutes or in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes and then enjoy. They taste a lot better and almost identical in flavor biggrin You can also make more for a lot less money!

I remember my husband bought some from a co-workers kid and I sold those cookies 10+ years before she did. I knew how many came in a box when I was a kid and it was a lot more and in a tray where you should only get like 20+ tagalongs, you only get like 10 now and it's a rip off.

The cookies also are expensive and are not rain forest safe because of the palm oil they use. If girl scouts cut back on palm oil for another alternative, it may save a lot of trees even though many other cookies use the ingredients. When girl scouts sell those cookies they only get like 10 cents or so and the other dollars go to the girl scout organization. If you sell so many cookies you get prizes and you can get big prizes for selling a lot like camping trips or right of way to go to certain fun events. It makes me wonder what the council does with a few million dollars when troops only get a small fraction of the amount.

I don't support girl scouts anymore for many reasons. I was one for about 10 years and in the end I remember quitting and my leader was all mad because then her daughter, my best friend, wanted to quit and eventually that whole troop fell apart. I didn't like the way I was treated in there some of the time. I put up with too many things for too long, mostly because I could hang out with my best friend longer. Most girl scout leaders are nasty, too. If you pick on their girls in their troop, they get angry. Most leaders just gossip about each other and it isn't a Christian thing at all >_< I wish I was never a part of it and regret that I was.

I may recommend an excellent site to tell you the truth where your money is going when you purchase these things or things you didn't know about the organization. There were things that I wasn't even told or didn't know for 10 years I was in it and it made me completely regret, but I didn't actually know (such as supporting planned parenthood and many other dirty tricks):

www.honestgirlscouts.com

I was in girl scouts too but quit in 5th grade because it just wasn't that fun and I kind of felt left out. They were nice girls, but they were those popular type girls. I just didn't really feel like I totally fit in. 2 of my cousins were in until 4/5h whenever Brownie level ends, since they live in a countryish town and the groups just never bother to go up to Junior. I bought tons last year to support the one cousin who was in it. Didn't this year because I didn't know, but I will definitely be sharing that link. Possibly just your whole post. : o If I knew that they supported planned parenthood...That's just sad. crying They kill babies and THEN sell the parts. : ( There are other organizations that don't do abortions but do breast cancer scans and if they were donated to, could offer for free.

Thank you for posting this. <333 ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:55 pm
Br1ttana
Aquatic_blue

www.honestgirlscouts.com

I was in girl scouts too but quit in 5th grade because it just wasn't that fun and I kind of felt left out. They were nice girls, but they were those popular type girls. I just didn't really feel like I totally fit in. 2 of my cousins were in until 4/5h whenever Brownie level ends, since they live in a countryish town and the groups just never bother to go up to Junior. I bought tons last year to support the one cousin who was in it. Didn't this year because I didn't know, but I will definitely be sharing that link. Possibly just your whole post. : o If I knew that they supported planned parenthood...That's just sad. crying They kill babies and THEN sell the parts. : ( There are other organizations that don't do abortions but do breast cancer scans and if they were donated to, could offer for free.

Thank you for posting this. <333 ^_^

Ah, I hear you about the popular types. I didn't have many of those in the troop for very long, but there were a few that came and went and had ugly attitudes sad

I didn't necessarily fit into the troop I was in social wise. The only way I fit in because of my best friend and because her mom was the troop leader. We were weird and goofy and just didn't care what other people thought even though the other girls would go up to the leader and say, "Your daughter has issues..." and stuff like that.

Oh, no worries - lots of people don't know about the stuff Girl Scouts supports these days. I didn't know until like years after I had quit Girl Scouts. It was saddening to me and I'm not sure how long they've been doing it, but it definitely saddens me sad I appreciate the Girl Scouts who have formed their own Christian groups or made their own cookies to support pro-life organizations. My husband and I don't buy the cookies because of that link between them. It makes me upset what the Girl Scouts has been distributing lately to young girls. It's become so corrupt and so far from the original idea.

I was in girl scouts until the 10th grade >_< so from K - 10 I was there. I got annoyed with it for many various reasons and the stress became a lot with school and a bunch of make up work I had to do so that's also the other reason why I quit. I didn't know about what the Girl Scouts supported at that time and I suppose maybe they tried to keep it a secret in a way because I never heard about it and my friend's family - her mom (the leader) included are Christians. So I don't know if they know the link or they do and just don't care =[

Also, no problem smile and don't feel bad about supporting the Girl Scouts because you didn't know about the things they support. I was a girl scout for like 10 years and I wasn't aware of it until years later and I just felt rotten inside, but I shouldn't because we were never informed and that isn't my fault that I didn't know. However, it bothers me that my friends mom still does it when she's supposed to be Christian and all of that, but according to how much corrupt stuff she's done within the troops and doesn't seem to mind it, I'm not sure what to think. I'm sure she could use our prayers.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 pm
My favorite are the Samoas. And I love the Samoa icecream.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 am
My two little nieces are in girl scouts. And me and my family ordered a whole bunch of girl scout cookies.

I got 3 thin mints and 2 Caramel delites.

The caramel delites are my favorite. (:

My mom and dad got the mango creams the lemonade cookies, and some other ones.

N o r m a R o s e

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm
I'm not a girl nor a scout, and I did not know girl scouts were Christian thing. I was interested in being a boy scout around 4th grade, but I lost interest because of money.  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games