Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
New v3.5 DnD PLayer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Draka The Solitary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am
Good day to everyone. I appreciate that I was accepted to the guild. Now I would like to find someone to get in touch with who may be a good tutor and help me learn more and more about the game as I go. I am learning the 3.5 version and wish to stick with this version I hope someone will be able to help me.

I have the needed materials and have a character created a level 3 elf ranger. This is for a friends campaign but i wish to get some experience under my belt so pm me if you can help me please!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:24 am
Any help is welcome and appreciated! smile  

Draka The Solitary

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 am
I *have* the 3rd edition books, but I'm more of a fan of 4th edition. I can TRY to help you, but there's so many more competent choices for 3.5 tutors in this guild than I.

Let us know how this is turning out for you, yeah?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:37 am
Rain Yupa
I *have* the 3rd edition books, but I'm more of a fan of 4th edition. I can TRY to help you, but there's so many more competent choices for 3.5 tutors in this guild than I.

Let us know how this is turning out for you, yeah?

I appreciate the offer and I am sure there are things that are similar throughout the different versions however if you are primarily proficient in the 4th edition I wonder if perhaps you know of any good ppl to get in contact with about v3.5.

And of course I will post an update on my progress so that others may see that I am becoming competent and perhaps want me to join games.  

Draka The Solitary

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 am
Something that will make things easier for everyone...

Tell us what you DO already know.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 pm
Well I have the basics of the character creation down. I have one created already for a friends campaign that when he gets done he will allow me to play.

Anywho back on track. So I get that. I get certain aspects of gameplay. I lose track of things sometimes or forget how one thing can effect another and I know that is just basic repetition but i have little to know in game experience and I am trying to get my 'sea legs' of the game.

So basically I no jack about it and would like to know how and when and why (in regards to what situation my character is in) that i get a dice roll and get to pretty much act.  

Draka The Solitary

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:21 pm
Then what you need, is a game. I can explain things till my face is blue, but the best way to learn is to do.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:19 pm
Conveniently, I have a game. It's 3.5, starting at ECL 1. It's perfect for an inexperienced person, which you claim to be.

I explained this to my sisters, too: Everything is dice. Your skill checks, attack rolls, saves, and everything else, go back to dice. Thankfully, I simplified the tedious stuff, so this campaign should be right up your alley.  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm
here.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:59 pm
Still waiting on your response to my pathfinder invitation.  

Draka The Solitary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Insanity Logic

Of course and I will get you one as soon as i have a little more free time to actually sit and enjoy razz I am still looking over things. I tend to like to read through things and try and see how things are connected.

@Eternality_Cannon: I would like to join thank you. But I need a little time before I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Draka The Solitary
Insanity Logic

Of course and I will get you one as soon as i have a little more free time to actually sit and enjoy razz I am still looking over things. I tend to like to read through things and try and see how things are connected.

@Eternality_Cannon: I would like to join thank you. But I need a little time before I do.

Just let me know when. I'm trying to actually get it started before it dies in recruitment stage.  

Slave Xaccheus

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff