Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(3.5e Custom) The Continuing Adventures of Keri Addams Ep.1 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

This campaign setting was inspired by the newgrounds series Girlchan in Paradise, Escaflowne, Eat Lead II: The Return of Matt Hazard, A short-story my brother wrote, Alice in Wonderland, and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. It is going to be a stereotypical-type of Action-Adventure Anime, with a decent amount of setting in the first episode.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The Human Mind is capable of vast creativity, with its ambitions and creative thoughts. We are exposed to it every day in literature, movies, music, and other forms of entertainment, as well as our most mundane of tasks made simpler and more enjoyable for the every day man.

Dreams, in particular, hold a special magic, not of this world. The D&D cosmology you know is but an inkling of the vast multitude of dreams, and the beings who make them. Dream connects us to each other; Dream fuels us. Dream is, beyond all doubt, the link between our world and every other. This is but one of them.

The world of Andalucia is an idyllic fantasy world. Great mountains and islands of earth drift lazily through the skies, carried by the patterns of the wind according to the world's own whims. A riotous explosion of glory in every aspect of the landscape, from the luscious trees of her forests to the scorching sun of her deserts, from the breathtaking view of the flying mountains to the subterranean labyrinth of The Underdark, Andalucia is fantasy come alive.

But, not everything is as it seems in this beautiful world. A dark man, a tyrant aloft a Flying Continent, controls the world with an iron fist from his perch high in the air. The Dread Emperor, as all know him, plots to dominate the world of Andalucia, and backed up by his cabal of Dark Knights and his Ten Viziers, he just might do it. Trafficking with Devils, he spreads his evil unto the lands below to weaken the world for his invasion. Entire cities are razed as his infernal army marches across the globe. Despotic acts are committed against benevolent people as his Viziers subvert the minds of good kings and emperors of the land, yet he himself is unreachable. Adventurers far and wide search for a means to take the fight to him, yet none prevail. But, with the arrival of a strange new girl; a woman said to have emerged from the dreams of the righteous, the world may yet be saved. Now, a twofold quest emerges across the land: Find the maiden, and save the world.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

Keri Addams was your typical high-school nonconformist. She had no interest in the nylon complexion of the cheerleaders nor the humdrum repetition of the world's music. A shy, quiet girl with her head in the clouds, Keri's life was changed dramatically when the edges of Dream were crossed, and one day, her dreams literally came true.

She was on her way to her Gym Class, not a single care in the world beyond her crush seeing her revealing attire. Determined to make a move before the day let out, she never expected to feel a sudden chill wash over her and see the great shadow block out the sun over her head.

Yet, lo and behold, a mighty Dragon viewed in her dreams appeared before her, locked in mortal combat with a daring, uncanny young swashbuckler dodging the dragon's breath and plunging the blade into the beast's heart. She never expected the Will o' Wisps that night to entice her from her bed, and lead her far from her home as her dreams and her reality slowly intertwined. Most importantly, however, she never expected to find herself unable to return home from her dream after her Dreamscape disappeared and she flew through the void of subconscious thought, spiraling into a fantastic, alien new world the likes of which she had never seen. Yet, here she was.

Now, with no magic or prowess to her name, and no clue as to her whereabouts, Keri Addams begins an arduous journey that will take her far and wide on a fantastic adventure.

But first, could someone please give her something other than her tiny pajamas to wear?

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Any non-homebrew. Third party sources that fit 3.5 edition or that can be adjusted to it are acceptable.
Banned Resources: Homebrew stuff.

ECL: 1
Gold: Standard
Races: Any that fit the ECL. Including monster characters from Savage Species.
Ability Scores*: 32-point buy or roll 4d6, drop lowest roll, for each score. Or you could just assign these numbers as you see fit to each score (one per ability) on an even 10: +4, +4, +2, +2, +0, -2.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max, baby!
Alignments: Any; it's an Anime. We have antiheroes all the time.
Pantheon: Go nuts.
Backgrounds: Sure.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Maximum Ranks, Limited Choices
2] Flaws and Traits
3] Weapon Group Feats
4] This is different from the D&D cosmology in that:

The Region of Dreams is the center of the multiverses. Full details are in the Manual of the Planes.

The Material Plane has been altered to include three layers. They include the floating islands in the sky with Light Gravity, the normal landscape you know, and the Underdark (by far the largest) as the third layer. In addition, certain areas harbor a special kind of evil known as Taint. These areas are dubbed "Shadowlands" and follow rules similar to the Shadowlands in Oriental Adventures.

Every plane has its own Ethereal Plane; The Ethereal Plane "slot" in the D&D cosmology is replaced by the Spirit World (See Manual of the Planes again!)

Three new additions to the Inner Planes: The Elemental Plane of Cold, The Elemental Plane of Wood, and the Temporal Energy Plane.

We have the Plane of Radiance (seen in a Dragon Magazine) as a sort of co-existant material plane.

Certain Planes from Deities and Demigods are accessible on the material plane via special location portals.

The Plane of Mirrors (more Manual of the Planes) provides another easy passageway in addition to the Dimension Door and teleport without error spells.

Alternate cosmologies exist; these are randomly rolled to determine what sort of plane you land on. These are connected via Dream.

Nobody knows of Dream on this world.
5] Weapons Group Proficiency: Firearms is a feat that allows you to use the Musket, Rifle, Carbine, Hand Cannon, Pistol, Double-Barreled Musket, and Double-Barreled Pistol (these last two were taken from the Pathfinder SRD website) without penalty. Exotic Weapons include the Holdout Pistol, Grenade Pistol, Rocket Launcher, and Blunderbuss (Taken from Dragon Magazine).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:20 pm
Uh... while potentially interesting the premise and story is a little unclear, and not much to go on for creating a character background.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 pm
Little Miss Chloroform
Uh... while potentially interesting the premise and story is a little unclear, and not much to go on for creating a character background.

I suppose I should give it more development, shouldn't I?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Little Miss Chloroform

Only information is about a girl getting led from one world to another via ?dream?, without much info as to where we're starting (standard d&d world, some special dream world, etc) and since this seems to use at slightly changed setting based around dreams, what would characters know, and what should players know before creating characters.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm
Little Miss Chloroform
Eternality_Cannon
Little Miss Chloroform

Only information is about a girl getting led from one world to another via ?dream?, without much info as to where we're starting (standard d&d world, some special dream world, etc) and since this seems to use at slightly changed setting based around dreams, what would characters know, and what should players know before creating characters.

The characters don't know about the Dream connectivity. The cosmology is similar to the Great Wheel, but I've made my own modifications to that. I'm still working on this; I just hit submit to keep myself from logging out automatically.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm
Ah, ok.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm
Basically, the backstory to this is there's a big jerk on a flying continent. He's got the entire continent under his thumb, all manner of fiends at his beck and call, and most villains are on his payroll. He's also a ruler, and forces his people to serve in his army. After onslaught after onslaught, all manner of adventurers are taking up the banner to find a way to this guy. That's where the usual adventurers come in.

Meanwhile, a prophecy abounds of a girl from beyond the edges of reality that would finally be the key to stopping the Dread Emperor. Coincidentally, Keri showed up. She may or may not be important to avoid spoilers.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:09 pm
More importantly, what are the PC's relation to the girl? Is the girl a PC?

Also, and this is my favorite part: Only non-third homebrew is available, but homebrew is banned. Do you use like 4th ed homebrew? 2nd ed homebrew?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm
Hmm... what to make... I'd make a Savage Species character, but really? The racial classes actually suck.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Hmm... what to make... I'd make a Savage Species character, but really? The racial classes actually suck.

and at ECL 1 no less  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm
Well, let me explain. An Ettercap is a CR 3 monster. It's SS equivilant is 9 class levels. You can take them solo as a fighter... probably at level 5-6. This isn't balanced.

Most SS classes are balanced or more powerful early... then become significantly underpowered as they go, especially because they just don't get the HD (which also means max skill rank, BAB and Saves) to keep up sometimes.

Of course, thinking on this, it is from a purely mechanical point of view. You know, I think I'll try something. Nothing like an Astral Deva, something with fewer racial levels.

... Looking through, some just really don't work though.

Anything that grows bigger though... heheh, the size change does affect their stats and what not, so I see the dead levels on those evening out as normal  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm
Right, I think I'll try Minotaur.

I'll have a sheet ready soon.

Except weapon proficiencies and equipment

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=278515  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am
Arc, to answer your questions, the sources jargon was a typo, and the PC's meet the girl in chapter one of this campaign. She has no previous relation to the characters. She's an npc.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Right, I think I'll try Minotaur.

I'll have a sheet ready soon.

Except weapon proficiencies and equipment

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=278515

To me, a Minotaur looks like it'd have the Barbarian set of WGP's.  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:50 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Arc, to answer your questions, the sources jargon was a typo, and the PC's meet the girl in chapter one of this campaign. She has no previous relation to the characters. She's an npc.

It makes way more sense now, thank you  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces