Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hi, I'm new to Pathfinder!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Giovannies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:35 pm
Hey everyone, my name is Gio and I just started getting into Pathfinder the Saturday that just passed. I played one time for about 15 minutes and it didn't go so well. I don't know what I'm looking for here but I'm hoping to learn some things so that I'm capable of playing with my friend who introduced me to the game along with his college buddies that make me feel uncomfortable. stare . Has anyone played Pathfinder on Gametable 2.0. using Hamatchi and skype?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm
the best way to learn is to play the game with friends.

What, uh, makes you uncomfortable about his buddies?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Giovannies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm
I don't have friends who play Pathfinder, just one from who started playing it with his roomates at a Game college. All his friends have been playing this for years and they know a lot of things, so I'm guessing I'm a noob but I caught on to alot of stuff quickly. I just learned about the game Saturday and I created my character Sunday night.

When it comes to his friends, they liked me when I was watching them play on Saturday. They were all communicating through skype group chat and I was talking and making jokes and they all laughed and liked my humor, but then we started playing and when my character was introduced, I didn't know how to interact with any of them because they didn't interact with my character at all. It went from "She woke up on a slab being tested on" to "So which way is out?" Idk. They assumed I didn't know the "Head of Vecna" joke and was trying to goof at my character about it saying I should do it or something idk. I came out a sort of way because I got it and played another character, and he was upset that I turned the joke around. But then it also made some tension and now it's blah  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:29 am
Maybe you just need some time. They're clearly used to working as a group and it may take a while to integrate you into that.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Giovannies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 am
Arc Vembris
Maybe you just need some time. They're clearly used to working as a group and it may take a while to integrate you into that.

Yeah I think so too. Someone on Gaia is gonna allow me to join his Campaign using PBP, so I might do that and get accustomed to rules and stuff. Then maybe later on I'd be able to join my friend, but I think right now I'm just gonna end up getting tight with his friends curse and threaten them all out. Ugh....this sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Speaking of which... -Enters room- Hi Gio.

Hi Arc. You look lovely today!

"He who flatters you is your enemy!"

JUST KIDDING. But seriously, glad to see that you're still around and the guild is active. Though seriously, that avatar looks a bit scarey.  

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games