Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Sun 3.5 - Surviving (OOC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 pm
The blazing sun and the unending stretches of sand. It is a world of death and betrayal, one of survival. It is a world where the age old saying sticks true, 'Survival of the Fittest'. The strong survive and take over, the weak die or serve til they too are killed. It is also a place where psionics are common, and Arcane Magic draws it's power from the life force of those around the caster and the land itself. A Godless land, where clerics serve the elements.

The wastes are ruled by the God-Kings. Psychic Sorcerers of great power, pulsing with the blood of dragons. They do not ally amongst themselves, and borders change on whims. Each rules from their throne in the middle of their City-State, sending their Templars to lead their armies.

Will you survive? Will you die? What choices await you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ECL: 3
Books: You will need the Dark Sun Core Rules from Athas.org, as well as the Emporium. The 3.5 Player's Handbook as well. Both Expanded Psionics and Complete Psionics are useful if you wish to play a psychic character.
Restrictions: All classes and Races will be using the Dark Sun Core Rules. This means, what it says there is what you use. Half-Giant and Thri-Kreen are not usable, due to LA. And playing a Mul doesn't give you special privileges.

Background: Would help.

Oh, almost forgot.

STATS: Either 36 Point buy or 4d6, 7 times, drop lowest roll and set. Once you choose one, you can't choose the other. Reroll given if stat total is +0 or lower.

Equipment: Will be handed out by me based on character.

EDIT: Alignment: NONE. I rarely do Alignment in games. This is due to that fact that it's an inherently flawed system and concepts of good and evil (in fact, even law and chaos to some points), are opinions. It's not a comic book, the lines of good and evil aren't black and white. And what some may consider evil, others may consider good. In this world, whoever wins is in the right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of Background:

You start in the City State of Tyr. Why you are there and if you know each other, is up to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 pm
Is that book a 2e book, I don't see any 3.5 stuff there? Coz I have the 2e one but I've never read it. But I don't have the 3.5 book...

If it is the book you're talking about, that means, for example, that elves don't get +2dex, -2con, but get +2dex, +1int, -1wis, -2con?  

candy express

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 pm
candy express
Is that book a 2e book, I don't see any 3.5 stuff there? Coz I have the 2e one but I've never read it. But I don't have the 3.5 book...

If it is the book you're talking about, that means, for example, that elves don't get +2dex, -2con, but get +2dex, +1int, -1wis, -2con?

Athas.org (as linked above) has Darksun 3.5 books available for download. Dark Sun 3 r7 is the book you're wanting for the core, though they have other books available as well. When looking at their rulebook page, any of the one published by athas.org will be 3.0 or 3.5 ed. Those published by tsr will be 2nd ed, but are useful if you need more information about the world.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 am
Little Miss Chloroform
candy express

Athas.org (as linked above) has Darksun 3.5 books available for download. Dark Sun 3 r7 is the book you're wanting for the core, though they have other books available as well. When looking at their rulebook page, any of the one published by athas.org will be 3.0 or 3.5 ed. Those published by tsr will be 2nd ed, but are useful if you need more information about the world.

Oh, ok. It's just coz all the books I saw had publishing dates in the early 1990's and said TSR... thanks for the link!  

candy express

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:42 am
Thanks, LMC  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:04 am
Ok, I'm working on creating a cleric of rain... just have a slight problem with domains. Below is a list of the 8 elements and paraelements that clerics may worship, and the domains associated with each. The problem is that the domains listed under the cleric class info (pg 33, Table 2-2) vary from the info given under the info for each domain (pg 132-137), including a listing for a domain that doesn't exist. If you'd be so kind as to rule as to which domains each element gets access too, I can proceed on my character creation.

Air: Desert Mirage, Furious Storm, Ill Winds, Rolling Thunder, Sky Blitz, Sun Flare, Soaring Spirit
Earth: Decaying Touch, Earthen Embrace, Forged Stone, Mountain's Fury, Ruinous Swarm
Fire: Burning Eyes, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Mountain's Fury, Sky Blitz, Smoldering Spirit
Water: Desert Mirage, Drowning Despair, Living Waters, Sky Blitz

Magma: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Ill Winds, Mountain's Fury
Rain: Cold Malice, Decaying Touch, Drowning Despair, Furious Storm, Living Waters, Refreshing Storm
Silt: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Decaying Touch, Soul Slayer
Sun: Burning Eyes, Desert Mirage, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Sun Flare

Legend
Listed under the Cleric class = Red
Listed under Cleric domains = Blue
Listed under both = Normal
None existent domain = Strike  

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 am
I'm in. Just gimme time to get mah s**t together.

Also 3.5 YOU DONE FOOLED ME RAGA. I THOUGHT THIS WAS 4E. Oh well ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
I'm in. Just gimme time to get mah s**t together.

Also 3.5 YOU DONE FOOLED ME RAGA. I THOUGHT THIS WAS 4E. Oh well ._.

He's very tricksy the way he put 3.5 in the subject line, just to throw you off.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm
Well yeah, but I mean back in that one thread he spoke of working on a DS game but then he didn't go through with it, and then I encouraged him to make it, but neither him nor I mentioned any editions, so I was surprised when he made this thread and it's DS in 3.5. I'm not upset in the least, it's all in good fun :3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 pm
Ok, is there a psionic character in here yet? I've been itching to play one, and this looks fun.  

Jacior

candy express

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 pm
I'm going to be a telepath, so if you're going to be something else, go for it. ^_^ I've also not played a psion before. I mostly play rogues and stuff, but I thought this would be fun.

Key
female Human Telepath, Level 3, Init +3, HP 15/15, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus +1 /17
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 16  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm
EDIT: Because I did something stupid.

Here's the domain list I'm using, taken from going to the domain part and saying 'this works with this element/paraelement'

AIR: Desert Mirage, Ill Winds, Rolling Thunder, Sky Blitz, Soaring Spirit,
EARTH: Decaying Touch, Earthen Embrace, Forged Stone, Mountain's Fury, Ruinous Swarm,
FIRE: Burning Eyes, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Smoldering Spirit
WATER: Desert Mirage, Drowning Despair, Living Waters, Sky Blitz

MAGMA: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Ill Winds, Mountain's Fury
RAIN: Cold Malice, Drowning Despair, Furious Storm, Living Waters
SILT: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Decaying Touch, Soul Slayer
SUN: Burning Eyes, Desert Mirage, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Sun Flare

-----------------

As for character classes, be what you will.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 pm
EVERYONE

Please also note, if any feats were changed in the DS 3.5 rule set.

Some feats in the DS 3.5 Rule set may have a different name, but same function than some feats in normal rules. Consequentially, some feats have the same name, but different functions. If you take a feat with the same name, but different function, please mark the DS version with DS Blah. Such as Talented. Also, due to the fact that some mention 0th level things and there are no 0th level psionics, they will be changed to fit right.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 am
Raganui Minamoto
Little Miss Chloroform
Air: Desert Mirage, Furious Storm, Ill Winds, Rolling Thunder, Sky Blitz, Sun Flare, Soaring Spirit
Earth: Decaying Touch, Earthen Embrace, Forged Stone, Mountain's Fury, Ruinous Swarm
Fire: Burning Eyes, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Mountain's Fury, Sky Blitz, Smoldering Spirit
Water: Desert Mirage, Drowning Despair, Living Waters, Sky Blitz

Magma: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Ill Winds, Mountain's Fury
Rain: Cold Malice, Decaying Touch, Drowning Despair, Furious Storm, Living Waters, Refreshing Storm
Silt: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Decaying Touch, Soul Slayer
Sun: Burning Eyes, Desert Mirage, Fiery Wrath, Light's Revelation, Sun Flare

Legend
Listed under the Cleric class = Red
Listed under Cleric domains = Blue
Listed under both = Normal
None existent domain = Strike

Alright, yea, forgot about this. Here's the domain list I'm using, taken from going to the domain part and saying 'this works with this element/paraelement'

AIR: Desert Mirage, Fury of Storms, Ill Winds, Rolling Thunder, Blossom of the Sky, Fire from the Sky
EARTH: Earthen Embrace, Forged Stone, Mountain's Fury, Dance of Decay, Meek of the Land
FIRE: Fire Eyes, Wrath of the Fire Lord, Mountain's Fury, Smoldering Spirit, Fire from the Sky
WATER: Desert Mirage, Drowning Despair, Living Waters

MAGMA: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Mountain's Fury, Smoldering Spirit
RAIN: Cold Malice, Dance of Decay, Fury of Storms, Refreshing Storms, Rolling Thunder
SILT: Broken Sands, Dead Heat, Dance of Decay, Ill Winds, Soul Slayer
SUN: Blossom of the Sky, Clarity of the Light, Desert Mirage, Fire Eyes, Smoldering Spirit, Wrath of the Fire Lord

-----------------

As for character classes, be what you will.

o.O uh, where are you getting some of those domains from? Several of those aren't listed in the most recent version.
I was going with Cold Malice, Drowning Despair, Furious Storm, Living Waters as the most likely domains for Rain in the current version.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am
I SEE THE PROBLEM! Please wait while earlier posts are edited.

I accidentally got the 3.0 version. Derp.

Refreshing Storm was a 3.0 domain for Rain. Though, looking over it again, I understand why they removed it for 3.5.

I apologize for my last two posts (which have been edited), they were made with the wrong rules in front of me. If you didn't see them before my edits, uh.. well, don't worry about it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff