Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Anniversary Ideas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 am
'Ello, NSTG!

My boyfriend and I started dating shortly after Valentine's Day last year (his V-Day surprise for me was a big part of his "wooing" efforts), and so we're nearing a year together... but I don't know what to get him! We're college students in a relatively rural area (to give you an idea, our large university essentially IS our town) and thus there aren't a ton of shopping options or cool things to do.
I know you don't know him, but I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions (I don't have prior experience in the anniversary department) as to what I could get my boyfriend. Anything you received from a boy/girlfriend that you thought was a great idea? If you're a guy, what kind of gift would you expect for this kind of milestone?

Thanks!

Kitty  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 am
Hmmmm...maybe a ring or something like that? I know it sounds like a weird thing to get a guy, but it'll mark the occasion good enough....or maybe just take him out and do something cool together, like go for a meal or something (yeah sounds rubbish, but then again....) sweatdrop

Plasaar

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TheChief-5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 pm
Guys usually like chocolate as much as girls do, so chocolate would be good
Some man jewelry (within your budget of course) Examples would be like a necklace with a dragon emblem, or a nice belt/beltbuckle
Depending on your type of relationship, throwing in a kiss usually makes their day. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I got my boyfriend a beautiful, small Celtic cross on a leather necklace for our anniversary. You can get him a beautiful and simple piece of jewelry that he could wear every day -- once again, within your price rage -- that will mean a lot to him. 3nodding  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PebbleDrop856

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:59 pm
Happy Anniversary!
Anyways, try having a special night together. Have a fun time.
For the gift, I would suggest a cool necklace (Sorry, I know everyone has been saying it, but it is still an awesome gift). Or, maybe you could try some cool clothing. A jacket, jeans, and/or a shirt. As long as it is in your price range.
Remember, have fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 pm
He has a cross from his confirmation, so I'd hate to try and compete with that... and chocolates are definitely going on the list!

Something my friend suggested that I think I'll do is a gift of "firsts." So far I'm getting him Forrest Gump (the movie we were watching during our first kiss), a pair of hot hands tied to a gift card to the restaurant of our first date (we walked there in the snow), my graded organic chemistry exam (which I got a C on, and during the process of consoling me he said the first 'I love you"), a calculus spark chart (the first time he visited me in my dorm was to tutor me on implicit differentiation), and a four leaf clover key chain (the first time we held hands was on Saint Patrick's Day). Just thought I'd share with you guys!  

KittyKat62

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff