Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
I Can Has New Game? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:47 pm
So I've got loads of character concepts buzzing around in my head, (and on CB) and I really want to play at least one of them. IRL DnD hasn't happened for a while, it's hard to meet up, and since my Gaia hiatus beginning last august (oopsy) I obviously lost a lot of places in my games. I need more DnD!

So, does anyone want to start a game up? I don't really know why I'm asking, since I'm sure if someone wanted to start a game, they would just go and do it, they don't need nudging from me, but meh.

Or, is there any available slots in any games?

Also, Rain you got any plans to re-open Coliseum?

Have a lavely day Gaian's mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm
Also, just to add, if anyone does fancy starting a game, do it starting mid heroic tier wink I like that  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 pm
Mmm... not at the moment. Not until L5R gets to Act 2, DCE gets to Floor 2, and MW gets to mission set #2, at least.

With the exception of L5R, all of those are taking longer because of people not posting -_-' But there's only so many times I can PM them, y'know?

If I did re-open Coliseum, it might be in a similar fashion, but rather than PC teams competing, it would be simply them competing against all NPCs. I would consider it a colossally large competition between warriors and monsters. Let's see, 30 levels would mean 30 different fights, so 2 to the 30th power would mean effectively 1,073,741,824 entries (only 1 being a PC group), whittled down to whatever encounter awaits you at 30th level... if your team can survive that long!

EDIT: If I WERE to start something brand new, it'd probably be Mutants & Masterminds anyways. But I'd be open for running In Nomine. I have the rules for Eclipse Phase, Star Trek: TNG, Trail of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, and Anima, and could try doing one of those instead.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:08 pm
speaking of character concepts, you still haven't sent me a new char sheet for have sword nayr. get on that.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 pm
SporkMaster5000
speaking of character concepts, you still haven't sent me a new char sheet for have sword nayr. get on that.

Oops! Haha, made him aaaaaages ago, but just haven't put it on Mythweavers yet. Will do sometime today ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm
I was gonna open up KotS once the party either completed the adventure or TPKed, whichever comes first. You're welcome to join in then.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm
Mutants and Masterminds you say, Rain.

Back on topic...

Uh, I've tried DMing and have just had games die so... hmm... not sure if I'd try again or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:39 am
Arc Vembris
I was gonna open up KotS once the party either completed the adventure or TPKed, whichever comes first. You're welcome to join in then.

Oooo yes please  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am
I'm still surprised no on hath made a Dark Sun game.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 am
Actually I'd like to try like my D&D group did but running a game over skype. I don't have a web came but it'ed work. I I'm also thinking of just quickly editing maps over bit map over and over to quickly show player positions and monsters.

Oh so the question would be what game we would do, I'd love to see mutants and master minds. For me I know I've flaked out on plenty of games but the problem is other people not posting and me loosing motivation. I think this problem would get fixed over a much faster pace on something like skype. The only reason the path finder game is still going is because that party has been pretty consistently on top of posting, or if not explaining why they can't.

I may not get along with everyone in that party, (Actually I'm pretty sure I'm the black sheep.), but they're fairly competent in at least keeping s**t moving. Like I think some of them could of done better with making more solid characters but even then I don't think that's too big of a problem. As the DM will tailor things to the group. This isn't about bad mouthing someone in so far as much as illustrating the point. Like I think what made me loose my mind with another game was I waited like 2-3 months to get in on the game with a scene that was supposed to take like... 1 week maybe. Then after that I joined in posting was going good, then posting died off in conjunction with my ability to post. I think that was the fellcrest's most wanted. Which made me sad as I think it was a 4th ed campaign I'd actually enjoy. As opposed to a first level NINE HUNDRED MC BILLION HP ******** GOOD LUCK POWER GAMERS! I think that's when I ran into the person who refused to heal the tank when I was tanking. I s**t you not the healer said "Just because you're a tank doesn't entitle you to more heals than anyone else!" (He later agreed that was a goofy thing to say after everyone promptly corrected him.)

I know these aren't popular statements, or opinions for that matter. They're problems that I've experienced that really hurt the motivation for all but a few select RPs in this guild. At least in my opinion. I could very well be wrong but I'm going to state that my opinion should only be affecting you (the reader) as much as you let it.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am
Keith Valken Lionheart

Some one did but posting on it crapped out, I was really excited for it too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Keith Valken Lionheart

They did? I totally missed that. Was it during the period of single-post games in the main forum before Rain got Vice-status?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 am
Arc Vembris
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Keith Valken Lionheart

They did? I totally missed that. Was it during the period of single-post games in the main forum before Rain got Vice-status?

That was me, totally me. And I actually had a thing for it. Then it died, so it got changed over to ADnD 2e when I tried that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:17 pm
@Wrasynth - Just like to point out that the healer that 'Didn't heal the Tank' was in fact me, and the reason that I didn't heal you was because at level 1 I had TWO healing spells. One of which I used on someone else, then I actually used the other on you. So in a party of four (I think) you had actually got at least the same amount of healing as one person, and more than the other. Then you died. Not my fault in the slightest.

Oh, and don't make stuff up, no one 'corrected' me about the way I was playing the character. All Spork said was that I needed to calm down in the OOC thread, which is what I agreed with. Not the fact that I didn't play how YOU wanted me to.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Arc Vembris
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Keith Valken Lionheart

That was me, totally me. And I actually had a thing for it. Then it died, so it got changed over to ADnD 2e when I tried that.

DO A DS GAME RAGA NOW MAN NOW

I wanna die in Athas. LETS TOPPLE THE SORCERER KINGS  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas