Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Now I'm just plain annoyed... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

v v starlight lunaria v v

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 pm
Well, I've been on gaia for two-three years now and at first it did not really bother me. I know this is on more than just gaia, however, so I know that it is something to do with my computer.
There are some texts and/or symbols that just show up as boxes with numbers in them.
Its starting to bug me now that I can't see the text.
So, what I would like to ask is if anyone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it?

I've switched between both firefox and chrome, which are the only two web browsers I use, and know for certain that it is definitely my computer that is causing this.
I'd really like to get it fixed, so any help would be greatly appreciated..

Note: I went to the forums for this..some help they are. = . =
I really just want to fix this stupid problem, so can someone just please give me the help I need? And don't suggest I buy anything, I don't have the money for that...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 pm
I think it's just the browsers
I have a problem like that. Only, I'm seeing more and more symbols as Mozilla updates it's browser.
Are you seeing like, tons of them?  

Suicide Salvation

Romantic Hunter

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm
I used to see that with my old computer. I figured it was a virus and had to run a virus program scan and found I did have one and got rid of it. It seemed to fix the problem I thought, but then I realized that wasn't the issue. The problem was that under the tools there is an option to change the language of how you view websites. I had to change it from English to something else then back to English and that fixed it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:00 pm
If you're using Microsoft as an OS, you should update your language pack.

Chrome 7, I think it is, doesn't have unicode or foreign characters. Update it and Firefox, if you can.

Almost Poetic

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 pm
azndreams
I used to see that with my old computer. I figured it was a virus and had to run a virus program scan and found I did have one and got rid of it. It seemed to fix the problem I thought, but then I realized that wasn't the issue. The problem was that under the tools there is an option to change the language of how you view websites. I had to change it from English to something else then back to English and that fixed it.

What browser were you using? I can't find it on chrome and might switch back to firefox soon..
I've been told that the free trial of MS office does some sort of update thing that allows you to see it..but im not sure about downloading it if I can find an effective alternative..  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:06 pm
I was using Firefox. I rarely ever use chrome and forget using IE.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm
Alright Azn, I'll try out your method and see if it works. Hold on, my computer might freeze a lot within the next few minutes...xP  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm
Downloading the language pack though seems to be a better solution, but we shall see. Hope it will help you out.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:14 pm
Sorry, it didn't work for me..-sighs- guess I'll just download the stupid thing then.. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm
WELL THAT'S JUST ******** GREAT! scream

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm
Oh damn that sucks. Yeah it's stupid like that. I have Microsoft 2003 and my computer won't let me download it to my computer. Makes me download 2007 instead. Ha ha. Sorry starlight. The only other solution is to get a job and buy a new computer or hope this next Christmas Santa will be nice and get you one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm
Mine's just a regular Microsoft XP. stare

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm
Sorry! sweatdrop That was for Vista. What version are you using? I'll try to find the right one.

EDIT: Link for XP Language Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm
O.o
do you have to download all of them? Or does the interface pack thing do the same exact thing just with less work?  

6,550 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm
I think that one's just for Microsoft Office features based on languages already downloaded.

And no, you don't have to download every one. You just need simplified/traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. And those should be about 99% of the foreign characters people on Gaia commonly use.

Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff