Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ending The War, It Begins [SWSE] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The clone wars is getting out of hand. People are fighting everywhere and few know when this war is going to end. As the players, you can either be either one of the many storm troopers or one of the jedi that lead the forces.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
You are an elite squad, handpicked for some of the worst missions known to the military. You have finally been approached by the Senate itself for a very special set of missions which will hopefully cripple the enemy army.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Since the Senate has approached you, the group already suspects that this may be something way above the heads of anyone else in the military. Now the mission has been granted to your squad and you are to move out as soon as possible to begin to task of disabling the systems that will effect this war. Heavy Communications Centers, Droid Factories, and other such buildings. As soon as the briefing is over, you will be sent out on the first available LAAT to begin, heading off to Tatooine of all places.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Any of the Saga Edition Rule Books
Banned Resources: Any non-book resources

ECL: 4
Gold: Normal Starting Credits + 500
Races: Any race
Ability Scores*: 30 points, point buy system
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max at all times
Alignments: Any
Backgrounds: Players start out completely neutral.

NOTE: I will only allow a maximum of 2 jedi players. And it is first come first serve! Also. I apologize for not having a really good background info and such, but I can't say too much without giving away some of the more better parts of the plot. To say the least, this entire thing isn't going to be as you expect it to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 pm
DIBS ON ONE!  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:41 pm
Well then. My first jedi is taken ^_^ Who is going to take the second one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 pm
Bump. Still looking for four people before I can get this adventure started.  

raozspaz

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 am
I would love to play a jedi. My only question is... elites @ lvl 1?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:07 am
If you look at the Saga Edition Core rule book. One of the starting classes you can choose is Jedi. So what do you mean by elites @ lvl 1???  

raozspaz

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 pm
Well, such a Jedi is really barely beyond Padawan. It's just that, being level 1 characters doesn't really feel like we're elite soldiers. I'm not saying go crazy and be all level 15 or something, but a level 1 character is barely anything more than a standard grunt, maybe with some extra tiny bit of training. Even 2nd or 3rd level characters would feel more "elite" in that regard.

I'm game either way, but in a setting where Anakin Skywalker, Obiwan Kenobi, and even Commander Cody are probably all over level 10 already (even Senator Amidala, who's not even participating in the war directly, is level 10 in Epsiode III)... I'd find it hard to really believe that my first level character was an elite.

Again - I'm not saying that it's wrongbad to have first level characters. That's cool. It just creates a bit of a disconnect when I hear the term "elite" used with that level, even for Jedi. Just because you're a Jedi doesn't mean you're insanely powerful. At level one, they're not much different from a soldier or noble, and they're significantly less skillful.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm
There's a string of logic to it. Perhaps its a part of our training.

In any event, I have my character created. Here

...Granted, I also agree about potentially a level bump. Consider it from a story perspective: I doubt Windu would permit two padawans, as well as Cody permitting three recruits, to carry out a mission like dismantling. I'd say the level should be at least 3, at most 6.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm
General question, because I've never been able to figure it out on my own - a Jedi can begin play with a lightsaber - is it possible for that to be a double bladed lightsaber? It seems like the answer's probably "no," but I certainly wouldn't complain if it was "yes."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Okay. I agree with your suggestions. I will allow all of you to level bump up to level 4.

I don't see why not, its just really really hard to fight early on with a double bladed lightsaber unless you are only going to use one of the blades.  

raozspaz

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 pm
Well, I'm interested. Have my scoundrel/scout mostly done, even. (Was going to be straight scout, but acrobatics isn't a class skill? Seriously?) But for credits, do we need to roll the starting credits (scoundrel is my first level and they get 3d4x250), or should we take the average or what?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm
Yaaay! Okay, here's my character - Jedi Padawan Dakine Northwind.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

raozspaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:26 pm
I always just let players do max credits and in this case, you will get max credits + 500 extra credits. Im glad you are interested ^_^

NOTE: NO MORE JEDI ARE ALLOWED!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm
Well, I plan to add some to his background later (will have to think tonight), but here he is. Colander "Cole" MacEachern, pilot, scout, and marksman.  

jennibert

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 pm
Alright, I'll rehash my character sheet to accommodate the level change.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff