Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Zombie Fish!!!! (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 pm
User Image

Okay so I know my friend Bri and I have been having this problem and didn't know if others had too.

Our fish keep dying (at the correct times) BUT they keep reappearing in out inventory OR directly back in our tanks! No drops! Nothing. We flush them as is proper but they show back in our tank to be renamed! They even say how old they are as being ridiculously old for whatever "fish" they happen to be! It's kinda funny sure, but it's getting annoying at this point.

I know Bri has put in word on the main Gaia help forum but still no help or word. Any ideas?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 pm
I have been scouring the site and it seems that this problem is fairly wide-spread.
so far it seems that none of the gaia staff have communicated about the status of this glitch.
I will continue to search for any staff comments on this problem.
Try sending a PM to JoyRose. She is a moderator and may be able to direct you to the correct mod.

I'll let you know when i find more information.  

TheChief-5

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 pm
User Image

Thank you Chief!!

I really appreciate the work you've done! A lot. I've done some searching and researching and have found similar results, no response at all to a wide spread problem. I'll go by your suggestions and hopefully this will get fixed!!

I even had a "Zombie" Lawnshark that finally died right? And I haven't received the drop for it and it hasn't respawned again either. Le sigh.

The search continues. . .

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:58 pm
User Image
I wish I could tell you more, but I have no idea about how the aquariums work or why they sometimes glitch. I had the same problem with my fish, too. There is at least one thread here about the issue in Bug Report & Technical Support forum. Good luck! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

TheChief-5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:05 pm
Alright, I've tried to contact a couple of mods and have not received any responses. They are usually pretty busy, so this isn't really a surprise.
I have also been keeping an eye on the forums to see if anyone has had any luck, and it seems that i have found something useful.

Apparently the problem has been noticed and Devs are working on fixing the bug. I will now provide you with a link to my source and a quote of the first post.
Zombie Fish

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Have fish that Barrett tells you are dead, but don't actually die? SO DID I--READ ON!!!

i submitted a ticket to Gaia via the contact us link at the bottom of almost every page a couple weeks ago, since then, i've been talking to a dev, and have been told that Gaia is working on this issue! they have also, for the time being, removed the affected fish from my tank and given me drops for them.

The reason i have made this thread is to let everyone know that we are being heard, and that the Gaia devs are in fact doing their jobs. If you're still having this issue, make a thread about it in this forum, or if you really want to resolve this issue for yourself, submit your own ticket. Helping me keep this thread alive probably wouldn't hurt either.

I thank gaia for it's response to my ticket and my cries for help, and urge people be patient with gaia.

Thanks!!! heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 am
It's now official. There was a Dev alert sent out. here it is:

Panagrammic
Zombie Fish
There have been many reports of zombie fish -- that is, fish that won't die. We've been looking at the problem for the past week and hope to have a fix soon; when we know more we'll do another dev notice.

For now, please do NOT submit a support ticket if you haven't already -- we're hoping to fix it for everyone at the same time.

TheChief-5

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff