Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
What Do You Think On This? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Well, I was in a guild and this guy had made a topic with the title 'Even if there is a God, why worship him?'
Immediately, I thought 'uh-oh. Maybe I should go help(notice, not force) him to think otherwise?'
But the thing is that he said he HAD believed in God, but became a non-believer six months ago.

zalinto
Before I became an unbeliever about six months ago. I first realized that even if God was real, there is no need to worship him.

Just looking around you can see that there is far too much evil and pain in this world to claim that there is a loving God.

Thoughts?

I, personally, feel bad that he has chosen this.
Yes, there is evil and pain, but there is also many, many good things too.
God can do a lot of things, and just because some people are too blinded by hate to realize what they are doing is wrong doesn't mean He doesn't put full effort into changing them.
He tries His best. Isn't that enough for you, zalinto?

What do you think, everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm
(DISCLAIMER: my words may not necessarily reflect the beliefs of those around me, those of my christian denomination, those of my race, or anyone else who is not me. The opinions are entirely my own)

My belief is that god has put us on this world to live as we see fit. Obviously there is a lot of evil in this world, but that is the result of man, not god. Some people turn away from god, and become the evil people we see and read about. Assuming the are not GENUINELY sorry for their actions, hell will be their eternal resting place. I still believe that god loves these people, but he must act the way a responsible parent must: with punishment for the bad children. It is unfortunate that oftentimes, good people are the victims of evil people, which in turn, sometimes creates evil people out of those good people. But for those that stay truly good, I believe they will receive their rewards in due time.

Another argument to this guy's claim, albeit a bit weaker than the first one, is that there seems to be a lot of evil in this world because evil is all we hear about. Lets be honest, when have you ever turned on the news and not had at least one bad story? I cannot think of one time, personally. Media stations that report nothing but good news quickly go out of business, its a fact.

Finally, I do not believe that, as humans, we will ever be able to interperet the lords descisions, will, actions, etc. I do believe, however, that god IS all loving, despite the worlds evils.  

Gregar828

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 am
I don't get why he'd think he shouldn't praise God. I mean God is God! There is an unending list of things you can thanks God for.

1) You were created
2) He saved you, a mere sinner, by sending His ONE AND ONLY SON Jesus Christ to die on the Cross for your sins.
3) He loves you eternally, even when you sin.
4) He still gives you breath, even when you sin 100 times a day
5) He still reaches out to you and loves you when you ignore Him everyday because you want to do what you want to do.
6) You have a roof over your head
7) God has provided food for you daily
cool You have a family
9) We get to have a relationship with Him and go to Heaven rather then Hell when surely all humans deserve Hell.
10) The evil in this world isn't as bad as it could be, and it hasn't killed you by now
11).....

I mean there are tons, and tons, and tons of things to thank and praise God for! I feel very sorry that he became an unbeliever. I don't think he'll be going to Heaven because of that choice, personally.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:33 pm
Well first off if you believe theres evil, then you believe theirs good, if you believe theirs good, then there must be some sort of moral basis in which to measure good and evil, and if this is a moral basis, then where did such a moral basis come from, if not from some sort of deity?

I would bring up something like that, just in a more question form, morality is not some subjective thing that changes between people, if that were the case, why say anyone is wrong at all?

P.S. the central of the argument is that the disbelief of God do to immoral actions by others is fallacious to the point of going against logical thought.  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm
@Gregar: I only gotz one word to reply to that:
Exactly.
'Nuff said. ;3

@Fire:
Thank you for making that list. Everyone, not just that guy, can gain from it 3nodding

@Faith:
...Wha? Sorry, my brain isn't on "function properly" mode. xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 pm
Evil is not brought upon by God, it is brought upon by freewill, the devil's main weapon.
We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Unless there's other reason NOT to worship God, then that one's out the window.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 am
Evil is just the absence of God. It's man kinds way to describe an absence of God. They are working on the premise of duality, to say there is a good God and a bad God, or there is life and there is death. Death is just the absence of life not the opposit. Just as evil is the absence of God.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm
Green_Fuu
Evil is not brought upon by God, it is brought upon by freewill, the devil's main weapon.

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to disagree with this statement. Free will is NOT the devil's greatest weapon, it is mankind's greatest tool. Free will allows us to live our lives as we wish, not as slaves chained to routine. While free will can lead to a persons destruction, they can easily prevent this by using another human ability: Judgment. The ability to tell when something is wrong or right. That which finds the balance between order and chaos. Without free will, we would be unable to even call ourselves human.  

Gregar828

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm
Oh no. Not another debate. gonk
I'm sorry, I mean no offense to anyone when I say this, but that's kind of going off subject, isn't it? A little bit?

Just saying. It's just I don't want this thread locked because it was derailed. Don't hate me.
._.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
I'm sorry, I mean no offense to anyone when I say this, but that's kind of going off subject, isn't it? A little bit?

Just saying. It's just I don't want this thread locked because it was derailed. Don't hate me.
._.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to cause a debate, but a statement such as that one is something I simply cannot ignore. Long story short, Free will is not the devil's weapon, it is humanity's greatest asset. Ok, debate over.  

Gregar828

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm
Gregar828
Vegeta_Lover239

._.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to cause a debate, but a statement such as that one is something I simply cannot ignore. Long story short, Free will is not the devil's weapon, it is humanity's greatest asset. Ok, debate over.

I'm sorry. Opinions are welcome, but that opinion was a bit off the subject in my veiw. I've seen a lot of threads locked because they went off subject, and I didn't want that to happen to this one.
Thank you, and again, I apologize. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
Gregar828
Vegeta_Lover239

._.

I'm sorry. Opinions are welcome, but that opinion was a bit off the subject in my veiw. I've seen a lot of threads locked because they went off subject, and I didn't want that to happen to this one.

Why are you apologizing? This is your thread, you should be able to dictate what can be said and what cannot.  

Gregar828

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm
Gregar828
Green_Fuu

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to disagree with this statement. Free will is NOT the devil's greatest weapon, it is mankind's greatest tool. Free will allows us to live our lives as we wish, not as slaves chained to routine. While free will can lead to a persons destruction, they can easily prevent this by using another human ability: Judgment. The ability to tell when something is wrong or right. That which finds the balance between order and chaos. Without free will, we would be unable to even call ourselves human.

I completely agree with Gregar. God gave us free will. Unfotunately, it allows us to sin...sometimes I wish free will didn't exist so that I could never upset God. But free will has been given to US. The consequences of how we use it......it depends on what you do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:51 pm
Gregar828
Green_Fuu

I can see where you might have derailed deriving from what I said, but if you pay attention I never said Freewill was a bad thing nor that it was ONLY utilized for evil. (I think the very meaning of the word speaks for itself, I didn't think it was necessary to explain; although, if you want I can do that. I just posted what pertained to this thread that is all.)
I think freewill is amazing! You can choose to worship whoever you want.
But what I said, is it is a weapon that the devil can and will use to his advantage.
It can be used for good or for evil.

Now, not everybody chooses to do good; therefore, introduction to evil into the world.
Which is what the question was about.

If the topic was about whether Freewill was good or not, then my answer would have been more descriptive.
Point is, no it's not God who inflicts evil into the world.

smile

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
Gregar828
Vegeta_Lover239

._.

Don't worry, It was just a misunderstanding. I think.
But I managed to try to rail it back on track.
I hope.
blaugh

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas