Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Forgotten Realms: Heroes of the West [4E] - Recruitment 5/5 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm
Part of the reason that I came back on Gaia was because I wanted to start this campaign. It is set in the Forgotten Realms, but a slightly altered version; the one crafted by me and my regular PC's IRL, including Joe-Dude. So everything you know about the background of the Realms in 1479DR (4th Ed) will hold true, but with just a few things added in or slightly changed.

A Tale from Kalavar the Brazen

Ah yes, the Heroes of Loudwater. A fine group of adventurers they were, or rather are. I've heard through the grapevine that they still go on a quest or two, along the Sword Coast no less. By Mystra's lost spell, they left Loudwater in a much better state than how they found it. Ha, I remember when they first arrived. Wet behind the ears, one or two of them yellow bellied. Not anymore though; Loudwater and her troubles helped mold them into something great. Heroes if I ever met any.

Game

I know that isn't much of an introduction, but it's just a teaser. The game will begin in the village of Loudwater (as in the FR Campaign Guide) just as five adventurers down on their luck wander into town. The PC's (you guys) are 5 friends, old or new, or a mixture of both, are almost failed adventurers. You have been together, one way or another for half a year, trying to defeat goblins, kobolds, rats and the like, but they cause you much trouble. You are low on gold, luck and feel pretty dejected. You find yourselves at the gate of Loudwater, and then everything changes.

This is a 4th edition game, you play a lvl1 character - standard 22 point buy. Link to all characters sheets from mythweavers/tangledweb or other source please. I'm not going to out and out restrict any races or classes etc. But I'll just say it would make more sense if you were 'normal' races. The ones that are most commonly adventurers.

Backgrounds are important, especially since you have all been together for a while. As long as you discuss ideas in this thread, and we see how you got together and stayed together then that's cool. Perhaps you can even detail some of your failed quests in the past? Also think about why you are together. Perhaps two of you are siblings? Or father and son? Perhaps two of you are rivals, and begrudgingly tag along with each other just to hope the other slips up? Or whatever.

Standared PBP game, with a view to becoming a long campaign with an epic over arching story.

So, any takers???

(And yes, if any of you have the FR guide you will have notice that I have changed Curuvar the Brazen to Kalavar. That is because in this FR, a wizard called Curuvar lives in Suzail. They are similiar but not the same person)

Possible Players

1. Keith Valken Lionheart - A Drow of sorts

2. SporkMaster5000 - Abyssal Genasi Wrestler

3. Arc Vembris - Human Warlock

4. Joe-Dude667 - Eladrin Swordmage

5. Phemedes - Dwawrf Paladin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm
I'm down for this. Already planning on playing a Drow of sorts, if it's cool with ya.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 pm
I might be up for this, but if five other players want in they can have it. I don't know too much about the realms, but I had an idea for an abyssal genasi wrestler I've wanted to wheel out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm
I should stop this but I won't.

I had an idea for a character, a hell'lock who was sacrificed to Asmodeus in life, but had her soul rescued by the Raven queen and sent back in a different body will hell powers. Would Kelemvor do that sort of thing? I don't know him as well.

I've also been hoping to be a dwarf monk, or a half-vampire avenger. Maybe a gnome psion.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 am
Definitely joining this. Thinking swordmage, just because it's been a while since I knocked out the swordmage loving.

Don't know what race to be though. Probably go aegis of Defense and pseudo controller. If you want I'll make it on your Wizard's account, Nayr?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:56 am
Arc Vembris

I had an idea for a character, a hell'lock who was sacrificed to Asmodeus in life, but had her soul rescued by the Raven queen and sent back in a different body will hell powers. Would Kelemvor do that sort of thing? I don't know him as well.

I've also been hoping to be a dwarf monk, or a half-vampire avenger. Maybe a gnome psion.

Kelemvor is not really down with stuff like that no razz but there may be another way to work around it, if you want to use that kind of character?

Oooh, four possible players already, cool.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 am
Lillyanna the Eladrin Swordmage is on your online character builder. wink Will put it on Mythweathers as well at some point.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm
NayrVentess
Arc Vembris

Kelemvor is not really down with stuff like that no razz but there may be another way to work around it, if you want to use that kind of character?

Oooh, four possible players already, cool.

Well, I read his entry at FRWiki, and let me spin this by you. In life she joined a cult that later turned out to be secretly infernal. She finds this out right about the time they decide that she's not good enough to play, but good enough to die. She signed a charter to join and death means that Asmo gets her soul. Asomodean cults in the area have been running this scam in different incarnations for a while and Kelemvor is pissed because these people aren't genuine converts. His belief is that these contracts are presented under false pretexts and those tricked by the soulscam are instead the False and thus under his purview. Agents of Hell contest this as they've got paper that says otherwise. While this litigation goes down, Big K has been setting the souls aside in spare bodies so that they don't just get snatched up again, with the caveat that "He has plans for you".

If this doesn't fly for Kelemvor, is there another deity that could or would pull this off? I really like this character concept and I want to make it work.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am
May I introduce Lillyanna Hirrain, the Moon Elf Swordmage from Silverymoon!

I left her background hanging, as I'd like to incorporate it with other peoples from after her first unsuccessful adventure.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm
joe-dude667

I left her background hanging, as I'd like to incorporate it with other peoples from after her first unsuccessful adventure.

A Moon Elf Swordmage eh? Ooooo, have I got something in store for you wink

@Arc - I don't understand that fully 100% but I get enough of it that I think it sounds awesome and yeah it can work, go for it smile  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Phemedes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Put me down since ya dragged me allll the way here for it razz

Not entirely sure what yet.. *goes to play with characters.. in the least dodgiest of fashions possible*

Ninja Edit: Dwarf Paladin I'm thinking - details not worked out: unless anyone else has a burning urge to play a Paladin I'll gladly let them xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm
NayrVentess
*Shits self*  

joe-dude667

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm
Oi Dee Em, can we play Hybrid classes? If not, you think I could have a Rapier Proficiency if I play a Rogue?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:29 pm
NayrVentess
joe-dude667

@Arc - I don't understand that fully 100% but I get enough of it that I think it sounds awesome and yeah it can work, go for it smile

Don't worry, i assure you she has less understanding of the process than you do. I'll have her cracked out in no time.

((Human infernal pact warlock for all interested))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:47 pm
@Keith Valken - Yes you can play Hybrid classes, or if you want to play
Rogue of course you can have Rapier Proficiency! If you take it as a feat razz

@Arc - Cool cool, sounds good  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]