Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Your lowest moment?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katie Wildheart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm
Have you ever come to that point where you think you've hit "rock-bottom"? Have you ever felt so low that it seems there is no possible way for you to go on? If so, what happened? How did you get out of it?

For me, I remember this one time that I felt so horrible about myself. I actually begged God not to take me to heaven, but to send me to hell because I felt like it was a crime for such a person like me to get blessings like that. I guess that after a while, I just came out of it. Of course, if God hadn't been in my life, I probably wouldn't be here today. And yes, I still know that I don't in any way deserve all that He gives me and all that He's promised me, but I'm not going to do what I almost did that night because I'm so undeserving.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I've had a couple low moments in my life where I felt at rock bottom.

the first time was when I was 14yrs old... I was cutting myself, miserable with life and wished I was dead. I beat myself up all the time had bruises and cuts and scars from my damage and I attempted suicide a couple times. The only way I got through that time was God. He put people in my life for a season to show me how to live. I got better some but not by much.

My second lowest point was my husband entering a mental hospital while I was pregnant. He got out the day of her birth luckily in enough time to see her born. 5 days after that, he had his first seizure. Life seemed to fall apart hard. I was so stressed out from it all. I thought my life was never going to recover and I would lose my husband. It was a dark place for me, but I got through it by God's love for me. When I talk to people about that time all I can say is God carried my entire family through it.

After my husband's seizures were more under control he went out and started using drugs. He had used a lot in his early teens but had stopped using and said he would never go back to it, but he did. That tore my family up. My whole family found out in my 19th birthday about his using everyone was angry at he and I. him for using and me for staying with him hoping he would get away from the drugs. Shortly after that my husband had thoughts of hurting himself and other people again and he went back into a mental hospital. We had Child Protective Services come into our life and they wanted to take away our 9month old child saying my husband was an unfit parent. It was scary and I felt horrible for the mess I was in. I felt like a bad mother for trying to help my husband. God really pulled me through it and through all of this mess God brought my husband out of it with the right medications as well as recovery and I found my own recovery from anger and trust issues. That dark period of my marriage and life all together was done for God's glory though. I truly thank him for those trying times because without them I wouldn't have the amazing life I do now. Even though from the outside looking in it may not seem amazing, I am learning that having the little I do is actually worth so much more than have an abundance of things. God is my rock and he has pulled me through all the rough patches and dark times in my life. I am learning to rely on God for all things, I study his word Daily and I pray all the time.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:21 pm
I hit rock bottom over the summer.

My mother passed away a week before my birthday. The previous day I needed help on some homework and she said she'd check it tomorrow. The next day my grandma talked to my mom about something...she was fine at like 9. My grandma asked my mom to do something...I forgot...but she hadn't done it. I went down stairs to find my mom laying down on the bed dead. We called the hospital. I thought there was hope because I could hear her groaning on extremely rare occasions. In the end, however, she did not recover and she passed away. My mom was my most favorite parent and the only one that I really had an open relationship with (I rarely share anything...no matter how much it hurts). She was a strong Christian, smart, funny, loving. She was the beset.

It doesn't in there though. A week later, we had the funeral. My dad, who lives in Chicago (I don't know the back story as to why he lives there...I just know he has always lived there during my lifetime) pulled me aside after the funeral and told in short told me "You're coming to live with me now and you have nothing you can do about it." To me that really hurt. I barely know my dad...I don't know him. I just know he didn't respect my mom's rules when I was with him and she wasn't there. Her rules were Christian rules. He was Christian too but he didn't believe some things were wrong. I didn't know my dad or anyone on the side of his family at all really. I haven't even spent a year's worth of time with (or conversating with) my dad. Nonetheless he was determined to force me to leave home. Everything I knew and loved....my school...my family...my church..my friends. I thought it was all over then. I was ultra depressed and wished that I wasn't living anymore. Thankfully, my grandpa got a lawyer and now we this can be settled in court. I just turned the age I need to be in order to choose where I live during the summer, and the court sees that he's barely even been in my life so he doesn't have a good argument or anything as to why I should go to be with him. Things haven't been settled yet...I think the court date was moved to February...so this should be over soon. I'm confident I'll be staying here.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games