Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
sex before marriage? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it right?
  no
  yes
View Results

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:17 am
have you ever took the time to wonder whats right or wrong?
did you know that most the stuff on tv is against the ten command ments?
one of the ten commandments also says something like do not have sex before marriage, yet there are even some teens that do "it."

i know some people find it uncomfortable talking about this, how no one thinks about god when doing "it". but how do you feel about this subject?

is it ok or not?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 pm
I don't know any where in the 10 Commandments that condemns sex before marriage. It condemns committing adultery, which is only applicable when one is already married. It also talks about not coveting, but that can be applied to a broad range of things.

Any ways, sex before marriage is wrong. It should not be done! In my Church we have what is called the law of chastity. Which is this:
Quote:
Chastity is sexual purity. Those who are chaste are morally clean in their thoughts, words, and actions. Chastity means not having any sexual relations before marriage. It also means complete fidelity to husband or wife during marriage.

source and more info

Abstinence is the best way to go, in my opinion. And I don't care what others think, but it is not impossible to abstain from sex until one is marriage. God intended sex to be some thing for marriage, because it encourages bonding and it has to do with that verse in the scriptures of two becoming one flesh and child bearing.

I once read a story that said, having sex is like taking two pieces of paper and gluing them together, then trying to pull them apart after the glue has dried. You will never have two separate sheets of paper again. There will be pieces from each sheet on the other.

So that's my input about this particular topic. However, please don't think that I am judging those who have had sex outside of marriage, because I'm not. I have no room to point fingers. I got pregnant with my first baby before I was married and wish I would have waited. But I have sought forgiveness and received it.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:25 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I am against sex before marriage completely.

Sadly when I was in my teens I compromised my convictions and had sex out of wedlock and I became pregnant. only by God's grace am I married to the father of my daughter and that we are both growing up our walk with God.

when you have sex with someone there is a piece of you that is left behind with them and them with you. Just like Shadows said about the paper thing. think about all the many girls who have abortions because they had sex out of marriage and had no idea how to support a child. God doesn't want that for us. Sex is meant to be between a man and his wife in love. When you have sex outside of marriage who/what are you really pleasing? Certainly not God! You only please the enemy who lies to you telling you it is okay to do.

God created marriage and now because of the growth in sex outside of marriage many people have distorted views of marriage and getting married. You may know the saying "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?". Many people expect you to get involved in sexual sin because it's the "normal" thing to do.

Yes, sex feels good, but it's only physical gratification and there is a bigger void left behind when you engage in the act of it without there being any love behind it. So some say "My boyfriend/girlfriend and I are in love, so it won't be bad" but again, it's just giving into the temptations of our sinful nature. We are suppose to resist all temptations and overcome them through the power of Christ. Why not do something that is spiritually fulfilling that will give you joy for much longer to come than just a few moments of something that will not last.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Here is the major problem with sex before marriage. It's different for every individual. There are different messages sent during times of intimacy.
A professor described it like this before, boys and girls are DIFFERENT. When a girl is hugged, generally speaking, she is thinking "Oh, he likes me!" When a girl is kissed, generally speaking, she is thinking "Oh, he loves me!". When is boy is kissed, generally speaking, he is thinking "Oh, this feels good, this feels way good!". If you disagree, then you prove my point, a kiss is different for everyone. So you have to be careful. When you may be thinking casual sex is just casual, the other one may be thinking you're in for the marriage. This is the point behind sex. Yes, there is pills out there to keep you from getting pregnant, and there is the ability to avoid the physical ramifications of sex. But what of the emotional ramifications of both parties? You just never know, so it's important to not be selfish and only think of yourself, but also think of the other person, and wait until you are sure of committment, which is after marriage.  

Someoneiknow

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:47 pm
Someoneiknow
Here is the major problem with sex before marriage. It's different for every individual. There are different messages sent during times of intimacy.
A professor described it like this before, boys and girls are DIFFERENT. When a girl is hugged, generally speaking, she is thinking "Oh, he likes me!" When a girl is kissed, generally speaking, she is thinking "Oh, he loves me!". When is boy is kissed, generally speaking, he is thinking "Oh, this feels good, this feels way good!". If you disagree, then you prove my point, a kiss is different for everyone. So you have to be careful. When you may be thinking casual sex is just casual, the other one may be thinking you're in for the marriage. This is the point behind sex. Yes, there is pills out there to keep you from getting pregnant, and there is the ability to avoid the physical ramifications of sex. But what of the emotional ramifications of both parties? You just never know, so it's important to not be selfish and only think of yourself, but also think of the other person, and wait until you are sure of committment, which is after marriage.

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't word it correctly. Thank you for posting this!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:19 am
I am completely against it why ruin your life before marriage. Also I think if your married you can have sex all you want sure thats completely fine but you should wear protection unless your absolutely 100% sure you can support a kid and you want a child and that your ready to take that step.  

Cha cha miku

Lynn_Autumn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:29 pm
I think sex before marriage is an option but I think it's better to have a baby after marriage  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:56 pm
Lynn_Autumn
I think sex before marriage is an option but I think it's better to have a baby after marriage

So you think it's okay to have sex before marriage just as long as kids aren't involved?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:12 pm
Shadows-shine
Lynn_Autumn

So you think it's okay to have sex before marriage just as long as kids aren't involved?

you never know if you will get pregnat or not, you shouldn't take those risks if you don't want a kid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 pm
Although marriage {in some people's opinion} is just a piece of paper, it means you love the person, you want to be with them forever, and marriage is the proof. Sex before marriage is wrong. As many have said before me, God didn't create it for the reasons people think. It was created to keep the human race going, and shouldn't be taken lightly. So don't get mad at God if you have sex before marriage and end up with a child you don't want. It's not his fault, it's yours.  

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:30 pm
ChristyPanda26
Shadows-shine
Lynn_Autumn

you never know if you will get pregnant or not, you shouldn't take those risks if you don't want a kid.

Very true because there are MANY babies who have come to be even when the parents used condoms, pills, morning after pills, and every other different kind of birth control. There is nothing on the market today that is absolutely 100% guarantee you will not get pregnant from it. The only way to make sure you don't get pregnant is by NOT having sex.

@ Lynn - exactly what do you mean by it's an option? Are you just stating that you don't disagree with sex before marriage?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 pm
ChristyPanda26
Shadows-shine
Lynn_Autumn

you never know if you will get pregnat or not, you shouldn't take those risks if you don't want a kid.

I know and I agree. I am trying to figure out Lynn's standing on sex before marriage to ensure that I understand her correctly.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm
I've been locked inside that house, all the while You hold key
And I've been dying to get out, though that might be the death of me

I skimmed this site, and it said pretty much everything I was going to.

I have a kinda off-topic question though: what about masturbation? The Bible never directly addresses it, which is pretty weird because it's not a new thing.

And all I'm asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can't ask You to give what You already gave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:24 pm
1 Corinthians 7:2 - 3

Hebrews 13:4

1 Thessalonians 4:3-4

1 Corinthians 3:16  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

--Melaho_Oira--

Sparkly Student

31,950 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 am
I don't believe that sex before marriage is right. I think that it is wrong and although it is not mentioned in the ten commandments, the Bible does speak of sexual immorality. Sex before marriage is just such a immorality. I do not remember the exact Bible verses but I do remember that Paul spoke to the Church in Corinthians about abstaining from sex in order to be pure and better able to focus on the Lord.

As you are growing up, you are going to feel like you are 'in love' with almost every relationship that you get into. Just because you feel this way doesn't mean that you act upon those feelings with sex before marriage. Sex or 'love-making' is an act that was created by God to be holy and wonderful when done in the context of marriage. When you do not wait, you destroy and pervert something that God created to be so lovely and to be a way for husbands and wives to grow closer to each other.

I don't mean for any of this to sound judgmental, it is just my personal beliefs and convictions. My husband and I unfortunately did have sex before marriage, not only with each other but also with previous relationships. We both have asked the Lord for forgiveness and regret not waiting for our wedding night. Even though we both were so exhausted we just fell asleep that night, lol. The major point is that we wish that we could have been each others 'first' when we got married.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff