Nopers
View Results

The Strangest Life

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:27 am
Well, I have a bit of a problem seeing small text and I can not find a Bible anywhere with large enough text. So I have to read the passages I need online when I do my Bible Study at home (there is no Church in the town I am in...). I also have a large texted Bible Promise Book. 3nodding

So I like to read the Ten Commandments so I have a reference to how I should try and live my life in order to be as Christ-like as I possibly can.

I wanted to make a sticky for myself and anyone else who might have this problem, since we can't subscribe to certain threads from Guilds on Gaia.

Just so you all know, I copied and pasted these Ten Commandments from Cappiev2's post about the Ten Commandments.

"You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

You shall not murder.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

"The Lord your God, commands you this day to follow these decrees and laws; carefully observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. You have declared this day that the Lord is your God and that you will walk in His way, that you will keep His decrees, commands and laws; and you will obey Him.
And the Lord has declared this day that you are His people, His treasured possession as he promised and that you are to keep all His commands. He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be Holy to the Lord your God, as He promised."
(26,16:19)

"Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe His commands, His laws, and His decrees, that I am giving you this day."
(8,11:12)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 pm
Thank you for posting this. This is very good!  

Le Pale to the Chief
Captain

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

burbeblu

2,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm
Lately, the only books I have been reading are Christian books, as well as the Bible, and have learned what "Bible" means:

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

I found that really cool! I have 3 Bibles. One for one the go, 2 at home, which one of them has wear. There other one does, but the first one I had, it's binding broke at the seam. It's hard cover.
My new one, the one that stays at home, I was looking for a new Bible at the Christian book store near home, and kept being drawn to this one Bible. I thought of getting one that had less wear, but all of a sudden, the one I kept picking up, fell! The other Christians that I talk to, they don't believe in coincidences, because we think everything happens in life for a reason, and I couldn't agree more. I felt like this was going to be the bible for me, or someone who needs it. smile Thanks for reading this, and God bless.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 pm
You are right when you say the Word is the instructions to life, because it is. God Bless!  

Le Pale to the Chief
Captain

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 am
I actually have two tabblets in stone with the big ten on it right on my nightstand next to my bed. It stands up like a little ornament kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm
Yes thank you for posting that. I have been going through and needed to hear those words.  

AALIYAHHARRELL16

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Pseudo-Onkelos

Adored Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm
Cappeh Sensai
You are right when you say the Word is the instructions to life, because it is. God Bless!

Torah means "instruction."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm
CAN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS SAVE?
by Cornelius R. Stam
Printer Friendly Version
St. Paul pointed out a basic Scriptural -- and logical -- fact, when he said:

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified" (Rom. 2:13).

Many people suppose that God gave us the Ten Commandments to help us to be good. The fact is, however, that He gave them to show us that we are bad. Rom. 3:20; Gal. 3:19 and a hundred other Bible passages teach this clearly.

How can the Law be of any advantage to a law-breaker?

How can it justify us unless we keep it -- perfectly?

Do you recall the woman caught in adultery, in John 8? She was a Jewess. She was better off than the Gentiles, for she had the law of Moses to show her right from wrong, but this didn't justify her; it condemned her. So her "advantage" turned out to be a serious disadvantage, for "not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."

James 1:23,24 says that one who knows the Law but doesn't obey it, is like a man looking into a mirror, seeing his dirty face, and then walking away without doing anything about it. This is why Rom. 2:14,15 declares that the consciences of the heathen confirm what the Law says, "their thoughts the meanwhile accusing, or else excusing one another."

Those in heathen lands know that it is wrong to lie and steal and commit adultery, yet they know nothing about the law of God, or the Ten Commandments. How, then, do they know that these things are wrong? God made them with this knowledge; He gave to them, and to us all, conscience, a sense of blameworthiness in doing wrong.

How good to know the One who has paid the penalty for our sins so that our hearts may be cleansed from "an evil conscience" (Heb. 10:22)!

"Christ died for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3).

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).  

Tatters90

Tatters90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 pm
THE LAW MISUNDERSTOOD
by Cornelius R. Stam
Printer Friendly Version
There are three misconceptions that most people entertain about the law of God and its Ten Commandments:
Most people have a vague notion that the law always was in existence and that it must have been given to the first man, Adam, or soon after. Actually, God gave the law to Moses for Israel about 1500 B.C., after about 2500 years of human history had elapsed (John 1:17). So mankind lived on earth for about 2500 years without the law or the Ten Commandments.
Most people suppose that the law and the Ten Commandments were given to mankind in general, while, in fact, it was given to Israel alone (Deuteronomy 5:2,3).
Most people suppose that the law and the Ten Commandments were given to help us to do right. Even some clergymen teach this, although the Bible clearly teaches that they were given to show us that we are guilty sinners.
It is true that the law, while given to Israel, also shows the Gentile that he is a sinner. This is why Romans 3:19 says:
"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought in guilty before God."
But most important of all: Few people realize that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins to deliver us from the just condemnation of the law. This is taught in the following Scriptures:
"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us..." (Gal.3:13).
"For God hath made Him to be sin for us, [Christ] who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (IICor.5:21).
"For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE" (Rom.6:14).  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm
I'm glad that you took time out of your day to post the ten commandments even if you only copied and pasted them. God bless us all!  

Digital Commander

Dawn Landers
Crew

Fashionable Millionaire

8,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm
User Image
xxx

The ten commandments are special to me, in my eyes they are a work of art from the holiness of the highest all mighty god the father. Anything the father throws down I so want to hang in a picture frame, right now I wish I could keep God in my family album with the son on page one. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 pm
One thing i learned is the commandment you shall not murder. if you even think of something or someone in a bad way it like murdering that person in your heart and they dont even know.  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
Gaian Christian Fellowship

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items