Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Midnight - The Flicker of a Flame

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:54 pm
This is merely a copypasta from this thread.

Note to all: I will not be running two separate campaigns.

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Midnight setting, using the Pathfinder rules. With minor modifications.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The world is dying. Not by a sun, not by a lack of magic. But by a malevolent God, Izrador. The same God who caused the Sundering. The destruction of the connection between this world, and the multiverse beyond. The diety who seeks to destroy the last remnants of those whom may oppose him. The dwarves, elves, gnomes, and every "good" creature is in danger of becoming extinct to The Shadow. The dead do not stay dead. The Night Kings are terrors behind the countless armies under the rule of The Shadow. They live, thrive, and haunt the waking world with their dominance.

It is the Last Age of Eredane.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

In this dark, grim world, there are heroes rising and falling daily. Countless rebellions are removed from the world every week. But it is those lights that keep hope that one day the rule of The Shadow may lift. In this world under The Shadow, one such organization has remained out of the gaze of Izrador's army and Night Kings. In the town of Farodun, there resides a small gathering of such a resistance. At this current time it lacks a consistent name, a leader that will live more than a week, and some real power behind it to power this flame of hope.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Everything under the Midnight setting, and most in the Pathfinder core book, restricted only by Midnight's world.
Banned Resources: Run everything else by me first.

ECL: 1
Gold VP: Rolled, or average. Characters may begin play with weapons, armor, shields, adventuring gear, tools and skill kits, clothing, and/or anything granted by their racial descriptions. You will want to spend everything you can. The moment you begin the game you won't have a VP to your name. It's all in trading, bartering, and necessities.
Races: Stick to these races
Ability Scores*: 4d6 best of 3, 6 times, with the ability to reroll if your total modifier is +1, and/or your highest stat is a 14 OR 20 Point buy
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: Roll twice for each level, taking the better of each HD; OR average rounded down
Alignments: It's a gray system
Pantheon: There are no Gods other than Izrador, The Shadow. Beings may pray and hope to the Gods long past, but they shall not answer. The denizens of Eredane know this well.
Backgrounds: I love character fluff! But I don't like to read novels in a day. Keep your backgrounds like a skirt. Long enough to cover what's necessary, but short enough to keep me interested.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] At first level, your HP will be equal to HD*3+Con Mod. So, if your HD is a D10, you start with 30+Con Mod. Upon leveling, it shall be as stated above.
2] We'll be using a variant for Massive Damage which shall consist of the following:
  • Massive Damage Threshold is equal to your constitution score plus 2 per hit dice you have.
  • Upon taking massive damage you must make a fortitude save of DC 15 plus 1 per 5 points of damage beyond your threshold.
  • If you suffer from the effects of massive damage by failing your fortitude save, you roll 1d10 and the result becomes your current hit point total in the negatives.
3] I shall allow two traits via the Pathfinder rules, banning any that may give a free Masterwork weapon, or bonus gold. Any magical boons shall have to be passed by me first.
4] Every 4 HD instead of getting a +1 to one stat, each character gains a stat bonus to two separate stats.
5] Some modifications may be needed to bump the Midnight classes and races up to par with Pathfinder. I am willing to work with players whom are interested in doing such.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:59 pm
Seems like this went unnoticed. The game is full up now though, just to inform anyone of future interest. If we gain spots you'd have to speak with, Seph, obviously.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:41 pm
I'm not sure how *I* didn't notice it o_o'  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:45 pm
aye me too @_@  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100