Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
The Gaian Dictionary: Common Gaian Words and Acronyms! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

An OC is an original character - which is just what it sounds like: a character created by you!

Anything drawn in chibi (including Gaia avatars) is really adorable (as you can see here). Chibis are famous for their cuteness, large heads, huge eyes, etc. Lots of avatar art on Gaia is drawn in this style.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 am
Okay, I am a drawer by nature. I love to draw and I can pretty much draw anything I can see. So, I was thinking of drawing my own avi, if I did it would pretty much look just like her, so would that be considered a chibi then? And Thank you so much for answering me.  

MissWes

Avzel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 am
MissWes
Okay, I am a drawer by nature. I love to draw and I can pretty much draw anything I can see. So, I was thinking of drawing my own avi, if I did it would pretty much look just like her, so would that be considered a chibi then? And Thank you so much for answering me.

It's hard to say until we've seen your sketch. A chibi has exaggerated childlike features, but a drawing of a child is not necessarily a chibi. The children in Coraline are not chibi, although they are exaggerated. Powerpuffs are Western art, but I believe they can be considered chibi. And, even if your avatar is a chibi, a drawing of it may be a manga-style chibi or a realistic, Western style version of it, even with the same proportions as it has now. It's confusing, no?

It might help to look up user-run art shops and see what is popular (if you're interested in selling your art) and resources such as this manga sketchbook or this how-to video are useful too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 pm
Here is my interpretation of myself. So would this be chibi or what would I call it?

User Image  

MissWes

Avzel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 am
-rubs chin- I would say chibi is in the eye of the beholder, maybe. I wouldn't call it chibi, but it's not far from it, and other artists might call it that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:41 pm
when I joined back in '06-'07 some girl called me a newblett, or was it a nooblit? I don't remember  

HowlingAtShadows

Dapper Lunatic

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 pm
TL;DR is common as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm
RIG is Random Item Generator (also known as CI for Chance Item). It is usually an item that comes from a Cash Shop item that generates a story followed by purest chance to get some item. It may be an item worth very little gold or it may be worth over a million gold! Items worth are often dictated by how rarely the item is generated.

Vending Pass is no longer available or needed to vend in the Marketplace. You only need a Trading Pass.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:27 pm
this is so helpful~  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 pm
ive been here since 2005, and ive been an exchanger since probably 07/08, but I still dont know what [T/O] means  

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

Metal kitty kat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 am
Thanks for this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 pm
((gg-Gaia gold, gc-Gaia Cash.))  

Fumahiko

Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

SecretStrength

Striking Senshi

13,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 pm
CBer is a name for those that frequent the Chatterbox. It's similar to GDer  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:07 am
I've seen the term "ABP" but I don't know what it means lol  

Kaomozi-

Wheezing Fatcat

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:11 pm
Kaomozi-
I've seen the term "ABP" but I don't know what it means lol

I think this is in the context of a marketplace term, correct? Then it means "average buy(ing) price", which is shown individually for each item on said items market page.

Ps: no necro'ing! stressed Just kidding, you did the right thing.

[to necro a thread = dig up an old thread which hasnt seen activity in days/weeks/months/years (depends on how fast paced the forum is in which said threead was posted) and post a reply so that this old thread is "revived"]  
☆ Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff