Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Red Box Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daelos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 am
So Wizards re released the Red Box a little while back. I unfortunately was too young to get my hands on the first one, but I picked up the new one the other day. I gotta say, I love it. It includes a solo pick-your-path adventure which simplifies the beginnings of the game for new characters, by the time you're done, you've got stats assigned, skills picked, class and race chosen, and have made several attack and damage rolls. And they include a Dungeon Master booklet, with rules of how to run a game, and a small campaign included. Its a great way to get completely new people started to the game.

Now, getting to the point, I'd like to run a game of it. Very small, but I might be able to extend it into something more later on. It's a 1st level game for 4 people, I just need to know who might be interested in playing. I've got the gold for a sub forum, so lets get a game going!

Players for "The Twisting Halls":
Arc Vembris-Elf Hunter Ranger
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Dion Necurat-Storm Sorcerer
KytanaTheThief- Dwarven Fighter
?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 am
I'm game. Are we building our characters, or will this build-quest dictate our characters?(and does that then mean we must play from a select set of essentials races and classes?)  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:54 am
I've been curious about essentials...hmm...tenative yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:03 pm
Just be aware that the only people who can grant subforums are Reevinja and Bamaotaku, both of which are currently MIA.

I've appealed to be promoted so I can do so to, but Bama can't promote me, so we're kinda stuck in that regard >_o  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Daelos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:20 pm
Quote:
I'm game. Are we building our characters, or will this build-quest dictate our characters?(and does that then mean we must play from a select set of essentials races and classes?)
In the Player's Book, it does only include 4 classes: Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue. And the races in it are halfling, dwarf, human, and elf. Great for a beginner. I'm not going to transcribe portions of the book, because its just too much.

I will say I'm allowing characters made from Players Handbook 1 and 2 since those are the only ones I have at this time. I do have Monster Manual's 1 and 2, and the first DMG, so if you really want to play something from them, we can work it out.

I can start the game later if I can't get a sub forum yet, but we can go ahead and get people ready for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm
Can we assume standard parameters then? Array stats, 100gp for gear?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Daelos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:44 pm
Arc Vembris
Yessir, standard array, 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, assigned however you like, and 100 gp for gear. Backstory is not required, since I'm not sure how long this will run for, and I hate making a backstory and not being able to delve into it in game.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:58 pm
Daelos
Arc Vembris
Yessir, standard array, 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, assigned however you like, and 100 gp for gear. Backstory is not required, since I'm not sure how long this will run for, and I hate making a backstory and not being able to delve into it in game.

Will Power books be allowed to character options?

I'd like to call tiefling barbarian  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Daelos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Quote:
I don't actually own any of the power books currently, but if you want to use them feel free to.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Arc Vembris
Daelos
Arc Vembris

I'd like to call tiefling barbarian

Elf Ranger, hunter style  

Arc Vembris
Crew

mcm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Just be aware that the only people who can grant subforums are Reevinja and Bamaotaku, both of which are currently MIA.

I've appealed to be promoted so I can do so to, but Bama can't promote me, so we're kinda stuck in that regard >_o

I see three vices?
Does Bama have the authority, if not the power, to promote you?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 pm
I have no idea who Duke Shard is, and his profile does little to let me know if he's even still ON Gaia (his avatar hasn't changed in lord knows how long, though).

I have PM'd Bamaotaku in the past, but he says he cannot promote me to his level. I think that's accurate, since I can't promote any regular guild users to Crew status either.

From my understanding, Reevinja had his account locked or somesuch due to a misunderstanding that happened before I even joined the guild. Reevinja MkII was the account that was running things when I was here, but without access to the Guild Captain account, I don't think there's any way for me to me promoted beyond Crew.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I would like to be vice-captain if possible for subforum-granting authority. I was under the impression Bamao would be okay with it (if for no other reason, than to get everyone off HIS back), but it was out of either person's control.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 pm
Rain Yupa
I have no idea who Duke Shard is.

He's the original owner... then Reeve got it when Duke awol. And haven't seen Reeve in a long time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm
i'm game.
just ... don't have the box xP  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:12 pm
Daelos
Quote:
I don't actually own any of the power books currently, but if you want to use them feel free to.

Hmm...count me in as a Human Sorcerer. Damage machine, here I come!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff