Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So…? Who Would Win?!
  Ryu (Street Fighter)
  Farmer (Harvest Moon)
View Results

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, yeah. I've been playing a lot of Tatsunoko versus Capcom (Nintendo Wii) and I'm very satisfied with this fast and fun 2D fighting game. It can get as serious as Street Fighter IV, in my opinion, but it's nowhere near as SRS BIZNIZ.

But what about the love for Natsume, eh, the makers of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory and Pro Bass Challenge and some other really obscure games? Personally, I want to see Farmer (Harvest Moon, SNES) or Maria (Harvest Moon, SNES) beat up on Megaman or Ryu. It would give me so much lulz.

And how about other game combinations? What two companies (doesn't have to be gaming necessarily) would you love to see be made into a crossover 2D fighting game, and why?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:10 am
Nippon Ichi Software vs Nintendo

I love me my Nintendo characters and NIS has done such great games as Disgaea. Yep, Nami has gotten me hooked on Disgaea and Professor Layton (who is from Level 5).

I would say Clover, but I don't think they've actually put out that many games... I know they've done Okami and... Crap, I used to know another one but I seem to have forgotten it xp  

Lobo-chan

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:36 am
@Lobo: Clover Studio is no more. They changed their name to something else a few years back, then merged with another group shortly after in '07 to form Platinum Games. The games Clover Studios released were Okami, Godhand, and the Viewtiful Joe games. All really underground hits. Also, though Clover was an independent studio, they were owned and funded by Capcom. I actually believe the new Marvel v Capcom game has Amaterasu or Joe in it, but I COULD be wrong, so don't quote me on that

@Lin - Pretty much ALL of Natsume's games are underground. You just brought to my attention how little love is shown for the company that brought us, not only Harvest Moon, but also helped bring us Abadox and Lufia sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:07 am
My, now I'm pondering a Laharl Trichevskoy (Disgaea) versus Morrigan (Darkstalkers) fight. Frankly, those gigantic boobs would probably prove to be the poor prince's weakness. That should be incorporated into a game.

Yeah. Amaterasu is on Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I think; and Viewtiful Joe is already in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars. I'm a little sad the Wii users won't get the next MvC game, but thankfully there's a 360 in the house, too. It's too bad that there is so little love for Natsume. A lot of it is because their games are disguised as cute and kiddish, but some of their titles and RPGs are just top notch, though I'm only really familiar with Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. Forgot that they did Lufia.  

Sentama Lin

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 pm
I really want to play that one actually

Only played Marvel versus Capcom

I really liked that one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Joe and Ammy are both in MvC3, but Gene isn't. So that's two out of three Clover characters in. I'm not ruling out DLC for Gene, this game is his element. Though, like many others, those hopes may be dashed.
I mean, seriously, they've got freaking MODOK in there. Why couldn't they have put Gene in?

...I would like to see Vyce from Skies of Arcadia in a fighter, though. THat would be interesting.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm
I would really like to see Shonan Jump vs Capcom. Then we can see the Kamehameha and the Haduken clash. lol

And there a bunch of cool characters from shonan jump I'd like to see, from DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Black Cat, One Piece...  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games