Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
PM (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 am
I'm usually help other people but someone sent me a PM and i didn't see anything about it, i think it's a chain mail but i thought i should be safe the PM said
*Sorry that I had to send this message. Since Gaia has recently become very popular, has become the many complaints that Gaia has become unacceptably slow. The report shows that the reason is that Gaia has a number of non-active members and, secondly, many new Gaia members.
We want to send this message to see whether you're active members or not. If you're active, can you send this message to at least 10-15 users. Use the "Copy - Cut and Paste" to show that you are still active. Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks in, will be removed in order to get more space.
Send this message to your friends to show me that you are still active, and do not want to be removed.
P.S Gaia sent this to me... I'm really sori... Correction: My friend sent this not gaia but Gaia also sent this to me..*
anyone know?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:22 am
Doctor Manny
I'm usually help other people but someone sent me a PM and i didn't see anything about it, i think it's a chain mail but i thought i should be safe the PM said
*Sorry that I had to send this message. Since Gaia has recently become very popular, has become the many complaints that Gaia has become unacceptably slow. The report shows that the reason is that Gaia has a number of non-active members and, secondly, many new Gaia members.
We want to send this message to see whether you're active members or not. If you're active, can you send this message to at least 10-15 users. Use the "Copy - Cut and Paste" to show that you are still active. Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks in, will be removed in order to get more space.
Send this message to your friends to show me that you are still active, and do not want to be removed.
P.S Gaia sent this to me... I'm really sori... Correction: My friend sent this not gaia but Gaia also sent this to me..*
anyone know?

Ugh. The one thing I can't stand more than chain mail, is chain mail that's not grammatically correct. As long as you didn't download anything, reply with your e-mail, username, password, or send it to your friends list, you should be fine. I would highly recommend that you do an anti-virus scan, and delete all of your cookies, just to be on the safe side.  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 am
no it was in my gaia pm and my computer scans every web page and tells me if my browser try's to download with my telling it and even if something gets past that another one scans all downloads, but this is a fake chain letter?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 am
come to think gaia would just send it to me by themselves and i highly doubt that the name would be *Plz Copy dis Note 2 :10-15 users or els ur acount wil B dlte* but thanks anyway  

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jake Rylander

Dangerous Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 am
Fake, nuff said, dont forward it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 am
That's a chain letter that's been going around for a very long time, now. You need to report the user that sent it to you, report it as spam, tell them when it happened, who sent it, etc, and they'll handle it. I did it just two days ago.  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items