Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Ghosts-What Do You Think? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm
I'm almost certain that all the shows on TV about ghosts are entirely fake, and that many people disagree, but I personally think ghosts really do exist.

I'm not saying that when your shredder turns on on it's own because a peice of dust fell in, you should immediately call in paranormal experts, or that every unexplained thing in the world must be caused by ghosts, but a lot of people do have some really convincing stories. I doubt half of them are true, and that they are just trying to get attention, but I also think that some are true.

Whether ghosts are real or not, I kind of feel bad for them. I mean, something awful in their life must have happened, or they died in a terrible way, or else they wouldn't be ghosts, would they? Not counting serial killers who stop at nothing to kill the people living in their old home, in this point of view, but the ones who's time hadn't come yet. Or maybe they choose not to go to the Lord and haunt the place? Either way, I hope they eventually rest in peace. : (

I wanted to share my views on this, and to ask if any of you ever wonder if ghosts really exist, and whether or not you've had some strange experience.

PS: As I've said before, I've never read a real bible. My mom always just gets me those kid ones with the pictures.... sweatdrop In short, If any of this goes against what the bible says, then I apologize deeply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:15 pm
Bible says you either go to Heaven or Hell. There is no staying on Earth.
It doesn't say that you can come and visit, the only way you get out of Heaven is if you have fallen from grace.

Ghosts and spirits are demons trying to trick you.

Those shows are pure rubbish.
Not trying to be mean, but from what i have read ghost and spirits aren't real.
They are just demons.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm
I predicted that's what the post would say. I was like, 'Hmm, there's a post here. It's gonna say ghosts are demons, isn't it?'

No offense, I'm just surprised I was right XD
And I can't disagree that it's most likely ghosts aren't real, but you never know. Things aren't always as they seem. 3nodding
As for the shows-duh. You can tell by the way they walk into a room and yell, "HEY! COME OUT SO WE CAN VIDEOTAPE YOU!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 pm
I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to ghosts and hauntings. I believe in residual enegry and paranormal activity, which is things and activity that cannot be explained though. I do know that demons exist because the Bible says so. I also believe that the spirit lives on after the physical body dies. Our spirits go to the spirit realm when the physical body dies. I'm not sure exactly if the spirits of those who have passed(I do have scripture reference for this.) I'm not quite sure if the spirits of those who have passed on communicate with us (the living) or not. I have heard stories, but I have never actually had a personal experience of a "haunting" (for want of a better term.)

I love watching the shows on the Paranormal. Like that show Fact or Faked Paranormal Files and Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel. Both shows go in and research claims and then try and debunk claims of hauntings. They capture interesting things on their sound equipment and cameras that truly cannot be explained, paranormal activity. It's intriguing to say the least.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:37 pm
Testicular Diabetes
It doesn't say that you can come and visit, the only way you get out of Heaven is if you have fallen from grace.

They are just demons.

Just wanting to point this out, but demons are spirits that are servants of the devil.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Shadows-shine
Testicular Diabetes

They are just demons.

Just wanting to point this out, but demons are spirits that are servants of the devil.

I mean human spirits.
Most people think that ghosts and spirits are the same thing.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm
I honestly don't believe in them BUT I DO BELIEVE IN DEAMONS maybe deamons do things?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm
what about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world, what if ghosts are those people, and sometimes demons use them to do super evil things to the living. just a thought.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Testicular Diabetes
Shadows-shine
Testicular Diabetes

They are just demons.

I mean human spirits.

Depends on who you talk to I suppose. I don't believe that however. Ghosts I know do not exist, but spirits do.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm
lifelessdoll_13
what about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world, what if ghosts are those people, and sometimes demons use them to do super evil things to the living. just a thought.

Demons are their own spirt, they don't need to use the spirits of other people to do their work.

And are you thinking of a "spirit realm" almost when you mention the "middle ground" and those awaiting judgement day and the resurrection, because one does exist. It's not purgetory though. Our spirits don't go directly to Heaven or Hell when the physical body dies.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:47 pm
Shadows-shine
Testicular Diabetes
Shadows-shine
Testicular Diabetes

They are just demons.

I mean human spirits.

Depends on who you talk to I suppose. I don't believe that however. Ghosts I know do not exist, but spirits do.

I agree demonic spirits exist, but ghost do not.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm
mooey96999
I honestly don't believe in them BUT I DO BELIEVE IN DEAMONS maybe deamons do things?

Demons are tricksters. Satan will use them to try to turn people away from God.
By scaring them, or taunting them.
Many things, but yes demons do, do things.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm
Demons do exist. Even the kids bibles tells us that. ;3 But whether ghosts/spirits(technically they are the same thing. A lot of times, Ghost is just another term for Spirit in this concept)are demons is a mystery.

~Doll:
Wait....what? Sorry, this is what I got out of that sentence:
What about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world? What if ghosts are those people, and sometimes use them to do super evil things to the living? Just a thought.
Sorry about that. This is why in all my RP's I insist on text-talk; I can't read a sentence like that to save my life XD

And are you talking about Limbo? No wait, that's something else. I'm pretty sure it's not called the Middle Ground Thingy, though. Spirit Realm, maybe?

~Shine:
I don't mean to be a critic, but you know when objects move mysteriously on that show? I'm ready to bet my hamburger helper(nomnoms) that there's a string pulling it :3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:52 pm
Shadows-shine
lifelessdoll_13

Demons are their own spirt, they don't need to use the spirits of other people to do their work.

And are you thinking of a "spirit realm" almost when you mention the "middle ground" and those awaiting judgement day and the resurrection, because one does exist. It's not purgetory though. Our spirits don't go directly to Heaven or Hell when the physical body dies.

ya, cause last time i heard anything about ghosts, it was my mom saying ignore them, its when you acknowledge them that they hold power or something like that, its been a long time. but we were talking about how she thinks that ghosts are the souls of those who don't believe in Jesus and is awaiting judgment.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
Demons do exist. Even the kids bibles tells us that. ;3 But whether ghosts/spirits(technically they are the same thing. A lot of times, Ghost is just another term for Spirit in this concept)are demons is a mystery.

~Doll:
Wait....what? Sorry, this is what I got out of that sentence:
What about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world? What if ghosts are those people, and sometimes use them to do super evil things to the living? Just a thought.
Sorry about that. This is why in all my RP's I insist on text-talk; I can't read a sentence like that to save my life XD

And are you talking about Limbo? No wait, that's something else. I'm pretty sure it's not called the Middle Ground Thingy, though. Spirit Realm, maybe?

~Shine:
I don't mean to be a critic, but you know when objects move mysteriously on that show? I'm ready to bet my hamburger helper(nomnoms) that there's a string pulling it :3

I doubt it, especially since the Ghost Hunter's team is known for coming in to debunk "hauntings". They are a team of skeptics that do not believe in Ghosts or hauntings. They are out to disprove them, not try and prove they're real.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff