Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Composition books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm
Hi. I'm looking for a book on composition. Are there any that people would recommend? I'm in the middle of Perspective Made Easy and am looking for something of that nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:44 am
Don't make me come to CA and kick you.

Finish this one first. Take notes. If you're not taking notes, you're just reading, not studying. Practice the concepts. If you jump from thing to thing, you're not going to absorb it.

I made copies of pages from this book for handouts for a study group I conducted/taught last summer. I think the presentation is simple and complete. It covers all the basics in a way that doesn't bog your mind with more information than you can handle. It's also small, so it's to the point.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Errol McGillivray
Don't make me come to CA and kick you.

Finish this one first. Take notes. If you're not taking notes, you're just reading, not studying. Practice the concepts. If you jump from thing to thing, you're not going to absorb it.

I made copies of pages from this book for handouts for a study group I conducted/taught last summer. I think the presentation is simple and complete. It covers all the basics in a way that doesn't bog your mind with more information than you can handle. It's also small, so it's to the point.
Ahh-- That makes sense. s**t, I have just been reading and not practicing... I'll start over and practice the concepts along with the book. sweatdrop Sorry. You are right.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games