Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Jewelry..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmmaLee2794

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 pm
As a side hobby, i like to make jewelry. Most wouldn't veiw it as art, but i do. It's time consuming, and has to be done right, in order to look appealing, and stay together when worn.

I make all types of accessories, but i recently ran into a dilemna.

Christmas is coming, and this year it seems i have give more to the male population.. (which is weird, because there are very few men in my family, tht aren't in-laws) But.. most of them have asked for jewelry.

And im sure none want to be seen with big bright buttons, or feathers, or flowers. (random i know, but those are the main things i use xD)

So what can i make that is "manly" ??

I tried googling it.. but that just came up with a bunch of obscene knitting designs.

Help please? It's much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:04 pm
Manly you say? Hm... Something simple, yet can speak volumes. I have never been one to get into real jewelry. (I wear a wolf tooth for pete's sake. (My ears aren't even pierced!))

When I think of manly, I think of something tribal in nature. Something with 2-4 colors, most dark, one or two bright. And the pattern should be simple, but repetitive so it's like a never ending loop.

Hope my opinion helps with your projects. (Even though it doesn't count for much...)  

Riding_The_Stars

Romantic Millionaire

16,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200

EmmaLee2794

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm
Thank you :3 Your aopinion is much appreciated :3

And dont feel bad.. My ears aren't peirced either.. ((i have a phobia after they were ripped out...))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 am
What kind of jewelry do you make? And with what kinds of things do you make it with? My husband wears a simple black cord with and eagle's claw hanging off of it (silver not real). I've known him to wear a macrame bracelet with beads threaded in. Usually in colors like reds, blues, white, black, and yellows, but I imagine you can use any color as long as there isn't too much pink or purple in. smile

Good luck, I think it is a great idea to hand make your Christmas presents!  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

EmmaLee2794

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 pm
GalateasFire
What kind of jewelry do you make? And with what kinds of things do you make it with? My husband wears a simple black cord with and eagle's claw hanging off of it (silver not real). I've known him to wear a macrame bracelet with beads threaded in. Usually in colors like reds, blues, white, black, and yellows, but I imagine you can use any color as long as there isn't too much pink or purple in. smile

Good luck, I think it is a great idea to hand make your Christmas presents!

Well, a majority of my family is middle-aged women, so most of my jewelry is flashy beads put together with wire and magic biggrin (literally.. i have no patience for it. i have no idea why i do it.)

The jewelry i make for me, however, is button-feather-bell oriented. lol.

Needless to say he looked at either option, and said "something manly, please?"

He is in to dragons, but any pendant i find, its way to big. ((i'd prolly wear it, but im less self-concious than him))

And thank you :3 Im usually too broke to go out and buy anythig. It's amazing the things you can make with things you don't notice you use everyday  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games