Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Harry Potter-What Do You Think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm
I love the books(I happen to be reading them for the third time sweatdrop )
But that's not what I mean.

It's just a thought that came into my mind.

They celebrate Christmas-
Does that mean wizards are Christians? question

J.K Rowling didn't make it clear why they celebrated it, which I think is very good. This way, no matter what your religion, you can still enjoy it(although I, myself, am Christian, and since your all in this guild, I suppose you are too).

DISCUSS-
What are your views on this?
Do you like the books?
Has something similar to this ever crossed your mind?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Vegeta_Lover239

J.K Rowling didn't make it clear why they celebrated it, which I think is very good. This way, no matter what your religion, you can still enjoy it(although I, myself, am Christian, and since your all in this guild, I suppose you are too).

DISCUSS-
Do you like the books?

Christians doesn't really celebrate Christmas because Jesus was born on summer. It was the spanish people who set it up.

Harry Potter is good to read but if you read the bible too, witches and wizards are evil or not good. Something like that so I guess you can never really call them christians.  

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm
well im catholic and a person in my church composed a book on the stuff that was in it that were used as catholic terms not kidding mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:37 pm
The wizards in the Bible are bad, because they rely on and worship Satan for their powers. The wizards in Harry Potter however, do not. So by me saying this, I mean wizards in Harry Potter do not worship Satan, they can worship whoever they want to. Which means that they can be Christians as well. J.K. Rowling herself is a Catholic, who says that she "believes in God, not magic" and you can see a lot of Bible/Christian themes in the Harry Potter series.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:38 pm
oO-carrioncrow-Oo
Vegeta_Lover239

DISCUSS-
Do you like the books?

Christians doesn't really celebrate Christmas because Jesus was born on summer. It was the spanish people who set it up.

Harry Potter is good to read but if you read the bible too, witches and wizards are evil or not good. Something like that so I guess you can never really call them christians.

He was born in Summer? Really? Wow. o;
I never read a real bible. So I don't know a lot of stuff. sweatdrop
My mom just gets me those kids bibles. xD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:43 pm
Jester25
The wizards in the Bible are bad, because they rely on and worship Satan for their powers. The wizards in Harry Potter however, do not. So by me saying this, I mean wizards in Harry Potter do not worship Satan, they can worship whoever they want to. Which means that they can be Christians as well. J.K. Rowling herself is a Catholic, who says that she "believes in God, not magic" and you can see a lot of Bible/Christian themes in the Harry Potter series.

Maybe they're like us.
They all have different religions.

If that's the case, it's not hard to guess what religon the Death Eaters have.
Voldemortia.

I wouldn't want to follow a guy named Voldemort.
One, you can tell by the name he's an evil sicko who enjoys killing.
Two, his name reminds me of mold. D:

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:48 pm
Jester25

thank you that foes along with what i was saying and did you know each name of each character means wat there character is like umbridge is the wicked one i think  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
Jester25

Maybe they're like us.

If that's the case, it's not hard to guess what religion the Death Eaters have.
Voldemortia.

lol XD I guess the Death Eaters are just like any other cult, I suppose... I would never want to be part of that... he creeps me out. XD
But I agree, they probably do have different religions.

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm
I love the Harry Potter series, both the books and the movies (though the books pwn the movies.) Being as it is a fiction series, I never took time to ponder what religion any one was in the books. It wasn't important to the plot or the character development.

As to why they celebrate Christmas, it doesn't matter to be honest. Atheists celebrate the holiday. You don't have to be a Christian to enjoy the tradition of a holiday, or vice versa.

As for why Christians celebrate Christmas, it is to celebrate the birth of Christ. It is believed that He was born in the summer, but no one knows for sure, but again it's not an important detail, nor is it important for our salvation. As a Christian, I celebrate Christ's birth on Christmas.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:53 pm
Yoshimordi
Jester25

thank you that foes along with what i was saying and did you know each name of each character means wat there character is like umbridge is the wicked one i think

I looked up their names once, but it has been awhile. Their names do have some interesting meanings. I have to admit that they do fit their characters very well, I agree. smile  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:26 pm
Jester25
Vegeta_Lover239
Jester25

Maybe they're like us.

If that's the case, it's not hard to guess what religion the Death Eaters have.
Voldemortia.

lol XD I guess the Death Eaters are just like any other cult, I suppose... I would never want to be part of that... he creeps me out. XD
But I agree, they probably do have different religions.

XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 pm
not to be bad sounding but if i could be any of them id be either lucius malfoy or sirius black  

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100

X_Valentine_Lovegood_X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 pm
if you see my avi you know who I'd want to be.

I'm actually reading right ow about the christian influences in the Harry Potter series, it's called A Charmed Life. Anyway, I love the series too and am reading it for a 3rd time also razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 pm
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
if you see my avi you know who I'd want to be.

I'm actually reading right ow about the christian influences in the Harry Potter series, it's called A Charmed Life. Anyway, I love the series too and am reading it for a 3rd time also razz
blaugh luna!!
yeah i always questioned that. witches and wisards are concidered satanic, but the fact that they celebrate christmas would counteract that.  

darknova1111

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 am
OH, and another subject that popped out in my head, about Luna. How many things that she believes in exist?

I doubt Crumpled-Horned Snorlax's exist(hey isn't a Snorlax a pokemon? xD)seeing as the supposed horn of one exploded in her house, turning out to be what Hermione said it was.

But she could see the Thestrals, could she not? Along with Neville. I know that since her mom died she can see them, no big deal, but my brother made a better point about her sanity. I can't remember exactly what he said, though.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff