Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
They have a roleplay Subforum here?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Osvelit

Hungry Wife

12,900 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm
Or even a normal topic?
If you started one, It would help newbies strentghen their roleplaying skills, as well as character.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 pm
That is a good suggestion. Lol. And I'm horrible at roleplaying.

Kitsune Induction

Osvelit

Hungry Wife

12,900 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 pm
Well, its not very hard. You dont neeed skill, just be creative. You cant suck at that. I should get a subforum request.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:08 pm
Malicious Ikari
Well, its not very hard. You dont neeed skill, just be creative. You cant suck at that. I should get a subforum request.

Oh. Yeah. I guess. Lol. How do you send a Subforum request? Because I would like the Guild to have an Anime/Manga Subforum.

Kitsune Induction

Afi_Kino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Kitsune Induction
Malicious Ikari

Oh. Yeah. I guess. Lol. How do you send a Subforum request? Because I would like the Guild to have an Anime/Manga Subforum.

Since it wouldn't really support/train a newbie, that stuff would probably just fall under the Chatterbox. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 pm
The Red Rebelx
Kitsune Induction
Malicious Ikari

Since it wouldn't really support/train a newbie, that stuff would probably just fall under the Chatterbox. 3nodding

Oh. Ok. It was just a suggestion though. Thanks for letting me know.

Kitsune Induction

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:28 pm
User ImageHi Malicious Ikari!

We have a few roleplay topics around the NSTG, including THE BAR and the NAP Tavern. We also have the Leaky Cauldron, which opens during the holidays in the Holiday Event subforum.

You have no way of knowing this, but we have actually discussed the possibility of adding different subforums to encourage more members to post and engage in more guild activities than they normally would. There are several factors that weigh into our hesitation to create one just yet, however.

It's not about the money, so there's no need for you to donate to the guild treasury through the homepage. The issue is the following: it is impossible, at this time, to delete an existing subforum in a guild. The guild code is so behind that we don't have many of the normal functions of the public forums, so we have to make do with what we have. We're afraid to experiment with the implementation of different subforums with the fear that it will not be as popular as desired. And we don't want to clutter the homepage for you, because we know that newbies are already intimidated by the different subforums as it is.

We have sent out, in our monthly newsletters, links to surveys that we have hosted that ask our members about what subforums they would like to see in the future and, most importantly, whether or not they would contribute to them. The same thing happened with our old Minishops subforum; we decided to combine charities and minishops in the same subforum so that minishops might get noticed. That's our reasoning behind leaving roleplays for special occasions or keeping them in the Chatterbox, where members play and have fun.

However, as soon as Gaia gives us the option of deleting (or at least hiding) subforums, we will certainly experiment with the creation of different subforums, including a roleplay subforum, an entertainment subforum (which will encompass anime and manga), a life discussion/advice subforum, an exchange/marketplace subforum, and what the majority of our users want to see. We might have a six-month trial period, leave alone the subforums that are flourishing and remove/hide/merge with another subforum the subforums that aren't doing so well.

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games