Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Hey, who's you're favorite artist? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  yup
View Results

AngusMT

Blessed Member

8,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:03 pm
I just want to know who's your favorite artist. I haven't cared too much about having a favorite artist before but I do remember some artwork that I liked. It just came up to my mind because my colleagues brought it up and I thought that I don't have one, lol. I also thought that In time, I can look back who's influence I got my style from. As of now, my favorite is andy warhol. I heard that he made pretty neat stuff and I saw it some of his works. I'm still looking for more artists that somewhat share a style with mine. And may I share to you this website, www.mutualart.com. Basically, it's a website where you can add artist to your 'preferences'. You need to make an account, of course.

TL;DR who's your favorite artist? also, join mutualart.com good site for art enthusiast imo. biggrin

have a nice day!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:14 pm
That is a very interesting question...I would say on the classic art area, Waterhouse is my favorite. I love his work...and then on the comic area, Michael Linsner is my fave and on a personal level my father is my favorite artist. smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

AngusMT

Blessed Member

8,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:08 pm
Wow, J.W. Waterhouse has many good artworks. His painting 'flora' and portrait of phyllis are what I liked the most. I remember reiq from Michael Linsner. I found their style somewhat similar. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:02 pm
R2Drake
Wow, J.W. Waterhouse has many good artworks. His painting 'flora' and portrait of phyllis are what I liked the most. I remember reiq from Michael Linsner. I found their style somewhat similar. lol

Yes, they are quite similar though Linsner's work has a bit of an old fashion feel to it. He is actually really nice to talk to as well...Thanks for introducing me to reiq's work, he is good!!

I don't know if I have a favorite painting by Waterhouse...I really enjoy all his work but the Mermaid and Lady of Shalott stand out in my mind when I think of his work. smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 am
haha Carvaggio?

But for dA probably artgerm or shilin. [I know... big jumps...]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:25 pm
I think that I would go with Salvador Dali.  

x Varda x

Rikus_girl731

3,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 pm
tomas kincade and monet.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm
I really like Mucha

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

13Haru13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Toss-up.

Atsushi Okubo's really great, but Max Cabrera's really awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38 am

I like George Watts, Im not much of a painter but I really like his work ^^
D.A: I really love Hellobaby on deviantart
Like the detail thats put into every drawing amazes me
If you dont know who Hellobaby is heres a link, be amazed lol

http://hellobaby.deviantart.com/

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

The Syndra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:52 pm
I'd say I have a lot of favorite artists, depending on the genre and style. To be more specific:

- Fave realistic artist? John Collier, and for a modern approach Linda Bergkvist.
- Fave surreal artist? Dalí, and although he is not preperly a surreal painter, I'd consider Bosch in this category too.
- Fave modern fantasy? Wayne Reynolds. Many, many others here. Dorian Cleavenger. Luis Royo.
- Fave comic artist? Lineart, Jim Lee. For colors and inks I'd say I have no idea, but the work of Morry Hollowell is outstanding, and the inkers almost always complement and enrich the pencilers' work, so I'd talk about favorite partnerships (Ed McGuiness and Dexter Vines, for starters).
- Fave manga artist? Oh! Great, he has such a clean and neat style, and crazy detailing skills (and beautiful females too!). Far, far better than many others (at least drawing) out there. I'd say no one publishing in Shonen Jump is as good as him, but that'd be IMHO. Also, and maybe purists are umcomfortable, but there are a lot of pretty good manga artists here in Mexico, Héctor Sevilla being the most notable of all.
- Manhwa? God, no one else but Kim Hyung Tae. Maybe Juno Jeong. But both of them are videogame artists, and none are publishing any kind of series right now.

It seems I could go on with this one like forever...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:17 pm
Gonzalo Ordóñez Arias
My most favorite artist <33  

Copic-Kun

Supportive Browser

Yamiko

Shy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 am
Bouguereau, Hiroaki Samura, and Ayami Kojima.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:16 pm
Monet.  

tingtongten

Captain Kolita

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 am
In art history: Van Gogh
In modern day: Jhonen Vasquez
In American comics: Serena Valentino or Bryan Lee O'Malley
In manga: Yun Kouga OR Hiroyuki Takei <--For Ultimo, not Shaman King. :d
In DeviantArt: Ninaogfnuk , Chocobat, and last but not least, Yodo  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]