Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Star Wars Saga Edition Legacy Era Campaign (Started) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, interested?
  YEAH!
  no...
View Results

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Hey, I'm RP_Master_Jak, and I'm looking for players for:
A Star Wars Legacy Era Campaign!
Using the Saga edition rules.

First up, this is designed for a five character party, focusing on the Unknown Regions and the known Galaxy. Players will start on the fringe but can join the Galactic Alliance Remnant (GAR), Roan Fel's Empire (RFE) or Sith Empire (Sith). The major plot lines involve Mandalorian activity and discovery of a brand new race in the unknown regions.

The campaign is set in the Legacy Era, meaning the Jedi are once more being hunted by the Sith, but now the Sith openly flaunt their authority under Darth Krayt, the new Emperor, having usurped the throne from Roan Fel. Fel's loyalists have formed an Empire-In-Exile at Bastion, while Gar Stazi leads the remnants of the Galactic Alliance Core Fleet on hit and run missions against the Sith.

Books used will include: SWSERPG Core rulebook, Legacy Era Campaign Guide, Force Unleashed Campaign Guide, Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, Scum and Villainy, Unknown Regions, and Starships of the Galaxy. Any other books may be used, if you send me a picture of the page(s) where you're getting the information. (Png format is preferred.)

Characters will all be at first level of a heroic class, and bestial heroes are allowed. HOWEVER, NO ONE is allowed to be a first level Jedi. This is the only class restriction. Becoming a jedi as the campaign progresses is allowed, however.

Extra rules:
1) Bestial heroes will start as pets of another character, and will start at fifth level, following standard rules for beasts. (4 levels of Beast and must have INT of 3.)

Character slots:
1) Shaheska Parianna - Disciple of Sakura
2) Ralryrr - Dallas Moonrain
3) Rrroorrshk - Anatarei Crimsonthrone
4) Sibahn Vette - Emerald the Crow
5)

Feel free to ask questions below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 pm
Doo dee doot doot doo...  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:45 am
sorry, I only have revised edition  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:04 am
No Jedi? Bummer. I've been wanting to try out a Wookie Jedi for a while.

I suppose I could dust off Cossette instead - little girl with crazy force powers and absolutely no moral compass. Are dark siders okay?

How do you want stats generated?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:10 am
I don't even know what copy of the saga book I have.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 am
I'm down. Not sure if I wanna play as a Sith though.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 am
Disciple) The only rule is no first level jedi. You could be a first level soldier with force sensitivity and class over to jedi later. First level jedi have a tendency to break the game, and don't really fit in the campaign I'm going for.
Also, you can use dice, pre-planned generation(points), or the standard score package. Darksiders are fine.

Keith) No one's saying you have to be Sith. You could be aligned with Fel, you could be Alliance, Fringe, working off a debt to Rav, anything really.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:12 pm
Badabumpbump bumpity...  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm
As far as creating characters goes, what is our overall position in the politcal establisment? I mean, which faction will we be with? What are you presupposing. I don't want to create a character that is staunchly a supporter of Fel and then find myself surrounded by Sith agents.

With a faction-based game like this, it seems that some general ideas for what you're planning on having us operate based on would be a nice bonus.

Also, can we roll and then opt for points if preferred? It's been a while since I looked through the Saga book - are there various point buy methods, or just one? If there are various levels, which one should I be using?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:36 pm
1) It's mostly a fringe campaign, and it's up to the players to decide their alignments. Mostly whichever side the group wants to work with most is the one they'll work with.

2) No, you have to choose points or rolls. And there's only one method for point system. Everyone's just going to be at level one in either Soldier, Scoundrel, Scout, or Noble at the start of the campaign, with the option to multiclass available as the RP warrants.  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6 Total: 52 (12-72)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:06 pm
How do you handle RP-justified multiclassing? What justifies a multiclass in RP terms?

I ask, because the classes themselves are largely just an assortment of abilities - it's very easy to reflavor them as needed, and I've found that, especially for Force Users, a decent amount of multiclassing really helps them out in getting the kind of talents that they want and need.

I may as well go ahead and roll while I'm at it, so here goes for the first three stats...  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 6, 4, 1, 6 Total: 46 (12-72)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:07 pm
That first batch is very nice already, but let's see what I get here in batch 2.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Well, you can't multiclass without having someone there to teach you the class you're going to change to. So if you want to become a scoundrel, but you're a soldier, then either we'll have to run a few things that would teach you what being a scoundrel is about, or we'd have a more experienced lawbreaker show you the ropes.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:05 pm
Fair enough, I guess. I don't really view classes the same way, I suppose. I mean, it's not like it takes special training to be a law-breaker - a soldier could easily already be one.

So much for the heavy Force User idea I was contemplating, then. Force Users need Talents, not feats, so heavy multiclassing is really the best way to go.

Still, with these stats, I'm sure I'll think of something.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3, 5, 4, 6, 6, 4, 4 Total: 49 (12-72)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm
I could be interested. I'll see what the dice give me and then if it inspires anything....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff