Find out what you should be! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 pm
http://homeworktips.about.com/library/maj/bl_majors_quiz.htm

It's a personality quiz and in the end it tells you what your major, in college, should be based on what you got. I, apparently, have a social personality and it suggested, among other things, that I be a teacher! WHOO HOO!! Not like I didn't already know that I would make a great teacher, but it was kind of cool. I didn't believe the whole social personality thing. However GTR was here saying... "Uh ya that's you! You might not think so but it is!". I thought I would share it with you all as I had fun doing it and reading the results.

Here's what it said:

Quote:
You are a Social Personality Type!

Social people make great teachers! They are great with people because they are open and friendly, and they care about others. They are cooperative, which makes them good in many programs and careers.

They may always be in the center of activity and they are likely to have lots of friends. They are interested in social issues, and they are likely to become politically active. They may use social skills to influence others.

Possible degree programs: Teaching, Ministry, Coaching, Counseling, Nursing, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Journalism, Psychology.

So feel free to take the quiz and share what you got, talk about results, how accurate you think they are or aren't, and anything that may come to your mind when reading/doing this.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:55 pm
Quote:
You are the Artistic Personality Type! Artistic people like to live by their own rules--or no rules at all. They are creative and enjoy working with words or with color. They may be good at drawing, writing, playing music, or telling stories.

Artistic people are intuitive and often know what others are up to. They don't have dozens of friends, but they have a few very close friends. They don't like to work in very strict environments. Instead, they prefer to hear about new ideas and try out new things.

Possible degree programs: Art, Music, Writing, Literature, Drama, History, Interior Decorating, Fashion Design, Public Relations, Philosophy, Journalism, Graphic Design.

With some of the questions, I didn't feel like any of the answers were applicable, so I just picked an answer at random. None of those degree programs really seem like anything I'd want to do, but I wouldn't say that the quiz was too far off. I enjoy creative pursuits, they just aren't something I would consider going to university for.

PixiecuTT

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:05 pm
I got the social personality type too, which doesn't surprise me too terribly much. I took a much more in-depth test when I was in therapy, and it was horrible. There were two options on every question, and usually I either wanted to choose both or neither of them. Same with this quiz: I did not want to choose any of the possible answers. The top three careers that the other test suggested to me (they actually sent them away to be analyzed!) were engineer, kindergarten teacher, and research scientist, with orchestra conductor right behind. O.O Yes, I am obviously cut out for one specific line of work, aren't I?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:33 am
Quote:
You are the Artistic Personality Type! Artistic people like to live by their own rules--or no rules at all. They are creative and enjoy working with words or with color. They may be good at drawing, writing, playing music, or telling stories.

Artistic people are intuitive and often know what others are up to. They don't have dozens of friends, but they have a few very close friends. They don't like to work in very strict environments. Instead, they prefer to hear about new ideas and try out new things.

Possible degree programs: Art, Music, Writing, Literature, Drama, History, Interior Decorating, Fashion Design, Public Relations, Philosophy, Journalism, Graphic Design.

Not surprised really. It just proves I have a knack for working in jobs that have nothing to do with my interests, ie; real estate appointment setting, phone room manager, medical assistant. My degree was in Humanities/Creative Writing. No one understands how I went from one to the other, but it happened. Art doesn't pay well until you're dead, and I want money while I'm not dead.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 am
Quote:
You are a Conventional Personality Type!

Conventional people are fond of history and they like to observe holidays. They are traditional and they like to know exactly what is expected of them in every situation. They are practical and very structured.

Conventional people might be good at math, but they may not want to work with numbers a lot. They can usually fit in to any group, but they don't necessarily want to lead all the time. They are not too interested in talking about feelings or deep relationships.

Possible degree programs: Teaching, History, Nursing, Accounting, Computers, Finance, Real Estate, Insurance, Research, Business.

..Alright then.
Most of it is pretty much right-on, but I have to admit those jobs seem pretty uninteresting to me xP
There were also a lot of questions where I wanted to pick more than one answer.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am
I had that too Yunie! There were quite a few where I wanted to pick a couple answers.  

God-Raped-Me

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 am
Quote:

HURR DURR I RR AN ARTYYYST.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 am
Quote:

Oh god, not another artist! gonk
Nah, I kid.
Anyways... Some of it's right, some of it's wrong. I hated the questions like "I'm hooked on: " I mean, none of their options really fit me. Ah well...
I like writing and literature, but I want to go into translating instead of getting a degree in writing or something. Yay languages! heart (Because you don't need a degree to be an author)  

Lobo-chan

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 am

Social people make great teachers! They are great with people because they are open and friendly, and they care about others. They are cooperative, which makes them good in many programs and careers.

They may always be in the center of activity and they are likely to have lots of friends. They are interested in social issues, and they are likely to become politically active. They may use social skills to influence others.
Possible degree programs: Teaching, Ministry, Coaching, Counseling, Nursing, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Journalism, Psychology.

---------
Wow. eek

Then again, I can't say I'm surprised all that much. I took actual personality tests last year as part of a class which said the exact same thing.

Yay for being a PR Major. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am

Quote:

Huzzah? Honestly this doesn't surprise me at all. xD I wanted to be a teacher to begin with, or possibly run my own daycare. Something like that.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 pm
I got Realistic Personality Type.
And I didn't know that Park Rangers had their own Major.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:28 pm

...Kinda forgot the title, but yeah, my best bet would be psychology  

blue0212

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 pm
I got the conventional personality type. Which works out pretty well since I really do want to get into Research eventually. The description fits fairly well too, especially the structured bit. Though I don't particularly get what observing holidays has to do with anything...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:51 am
Quote:
Realistic people are practical, physical, usually pretty fit, and hard-working. They may like to work out doors, in a broad range of areas. Realistic people enjoy nature and may like to work in the forest, on building sites, on a police force, or on a farm.

Realistic people are curious and they like to see how things work. They make great engineers. They are reliable and a bit traditional.

Possible college majors and careers include: Engineering, Agriculture, Animal Science, Construction, Landscaping, Police work, Fire Science, Drafting, Architecture, Park Ranger.

That's what I got. It fits me. Computer Engineering Technology major. I'm gonna be a pilot for the U.S. Navy. Plenty of realistic-ness there.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 pm
woot, i'm social too.

well the careers listed were all fine and good but none of them seemed to involve much action confused
... i get bored with doing the same things over and over. o.o
but hey, i guess being social lends itself to dragging people out of burning buildings lol (gotta say, sometimes i feel like more of a hermit than 'social'..)  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff