Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside by Holly Black

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is your favorite character?
  Kaye
  Roiben
  Corny
  Val
  Seelie Queen
  Unseelie Queen
View Results

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:37 pm
I don't know if there are many people who have read Tithe and the other books that go with it, but I thought I would put this on here to ask and see if I could unite a few fellow modern faery lovers.

I must say that Kaye and Roiben are my favorite characters. My favorite moment between the two is when they are in the diner and Kaye tells Roiben to kiss her butt using his full name. I love that they have such a complicated relationship, but it still seems to work out.

My other favorite character has to be Lutie Loo. She is so funny. Especially when they show the flashback to when Kaye was young and Lutie was playing with the Barbie and singing about Ken dolls. Corny was also funny in the last book, but I didn't like how he got so attached to his curse. It creeped me out.

Anyway, I just want to know how people feel about these amazing books. Say whatever you want, because I know these are not all the topics from the books that people would like talking about. Above all, have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 pm
αℓωαуѕ ωαи∂єяιиg,
αℓωαуѕ α ℓιттℓє ℓσѕт...

I like these books and yet...they made me feel as if needles were being jammed into my skin. [/shudders] I wasn't actually scared of anything in them though...

ωιℓℓ ι єνєя ¢σмє нσмє?

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am
[We already have a Holly Black topic, but I appreciate you contributing! whee  
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games