Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
Roleplaying Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STroB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:26 pm
Thas a great idea, but were can i find 1 exemple?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 pm
Bump  

Ms.Lonelyness

Flynn MacCumhaill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:12 am
rasberrillium
I still have a question:

What if the rp is moving too quickly for you to follow, is there a trick to making faster posts, or do I just have to get used to it?

Apologies, I haven't been around to answer questions...

In a very fast-moving roleplay, arranging things so that players take turns in a predetermined sequence is in many cases the best option. Otherwise, the "preview" button is your friend! Before you post, preview, which will update the topic review frame. If something has happened since you first hit reply, you can adjust your post accordingly.

... Of course, this can also lead to an infinite loop of preview-edit-preview-et cetera if the posting of others is too rapid. In this case, I guess all you can do is launch straight in!

STroB
Thas a great idea, but were can i find 1 exemple?

Of good roleplaying? Well, being the shameless self-promoter I am, I would recommend a glance at my roleplaying guild, especially at the posts of a certain Yun Xorin.

Also displaying many fine examples of good roleplays and bastions of roleplaying ability is the much larger The Literate Roleplaying Guild.

And thankyou for the bump, Ms. Lonelyness. ^__^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 pm
This thread was helpful, I'm interested in getting into roleplaying on this site.  

dreamingscribe

Aloreal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:49 pm
Quote:
Thinking how it all came to this, Aloreal reached for the inner pocket of the black leather jacket, located onto the time beaten wooden chair. Slowly thinking slowly reveals his trusty handgun, CZ-75 Russian model. He walks away, towards the computer screen, located to the far end of the rectangular room. Sitting down in front of the computer screen he observes in horror what his task was. “How can I do that”, he frighten thought. The screen had his trusty mozila browser open, onto one site: GaiaOnline. Aloreal was reading a post by ‘Flynn_MacCallister’, the self-proclaimed ‘ultimate Nazis of RPs’ and he no longer could take it. He would never be able to write a good role-playing post because he takes too much time!! He takes a look at the handgun. The hilt was brown; he doesn’t know what material is made out from. The metal is reflecting the light as he is now moving the gun onto his head. He loads the c**k, takes a deep breath. And shot himself.

I really need help onto writing faster. As a previews post pointed out, some people write really fast and you just dont know what happens anymore!!! (took me 5 whole minutes just to write that!!)
But thanx so much for all the info you provided xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:28 am
Aloreal: with a nicely typed-out post like that, I woudl suggest you look for a game tagged "literate", or even "semi-literate". They tend to be slower-moving, as everyone generally types out their posts in that manner.

Fast-moving games lend themselves better to the asterisk-notation I mentioned, and to much shorter posts.

There is also the trick with the "preview" button, which updates the topic review, so you can see what other people have said before you post, and therefore can edit your post accordingly... but I can also see how that might lapse into a cycle of checking and editing, like a perpetual motion machine!

And again, I am so sorry not to have replied earlier. As you can tell, I'm not terribly active in this guild.  

Flynn MacCumhaill

mycatsareschizos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:10 am
Ok, i think this should go on this thread, but whatever. When applying for a rp guild and it says show an example of RP or whatever, WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO????!!!!!!! Just wanted to know.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:03 pm
Nice and clean.  

Kumiko-Misaki

Amarynthe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:24 pm
thanks for the tips! finally, i found out how to work this smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:31 pm
1. In a battle situation, take some hits. It is unrealistic and boring for your character to avoid all blows, or to be invulnerable. (This is generally known as godmodding)

I always thought GodModding was when you take control of another player character or NPC without express permission.

-Long time rper, Gaia newbie  

SwiftFeather

Grizzel Greedygut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:40 pm
thank you for sharing this information  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:12 pm
I'm glad you took the initiative to do this, because I really do agree with you. I was lucky enough to fall into a crowd that taught me the do's and don'ts of Roleplay, though many people are not as fortunate. As a roleplayer on many sites, I can say the worst possible mistake you could ever make is to break these simple rules. It makes you look like you don't know what your doing, and you might not ever recover from it, unless they are understanding; where most are not.

Happy Roleplaying ^.^  

Masochistic Teddy

bobbitthehobit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:20 pm
ok all very nice but how do i get to a rp place at bartow city or whatever but well i'm slitle computer chalenged sweatdrop help me if you can!!! crying  
☆ Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff