Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:24 am
I got to thinking.....

RAWR could really use a fictional, roleplay-type storyline to compliment it's existence and fill in some gaps.

Like with "the end is near", build on the last person's post to make the story continuous. I don't want just one person to come up with the whole thing, but all of us to fold into the craziness. This is open to everyone, new, old, and "only been here for a day" members of the guild. NO GOD-MODDING.... keep it somewhat believable.

If things go the way I hope they will, the story we create here will fuel a change in RAWR, forever, for the better..... but im not letting the cat out of the bag on what I'm thinking until we see how this goes.

FYI, I thought you should have a brief summary of RAWR's real life storyline of how we came to be:

If you're making up a fictional one, you need to know the truth.

One day, not horribly long ago, 6 grunnys bumped into each other in towns. They thought it was really kewl and went about chasing and biting people. Everyone had fun, even the people who were chased. Nobody had seen anything like it before. One of the grunnys suggested a guild be started. Everyone agreed and a name was chosen: RAWR. We 'claimed' to create the guild to chase noobs, but really it was about having fun.

6 becomes 20:
RAWR didn't go smoothly at first. The leader had difficulty assuming the new role, and the members didnt really know what to do. There wasn't much activity in the forums and people complained. The animals continued onward amist fustration and slowly gained a following - not without losing members though.

20 becomes 200.
A SPY WAS DISCOVERED!!!!
As it turned out, one of the original six had teamed with a copycat guild, leaking information and ideas to this rival guild. Even worse, RAWR found itself behind the copycat.

The grunny leader banned the spy and began focusing with the positive members to try and build the best dammed animal guild there is. Events, raids, contests, recruitment, saffire tears... RAWR even made a few guild friends along the way.

At 200 members, RAWR began attacking the copycats in an all out aggressive recruitment campaign all over Gaia. While surging, we experienced death. A child died, a friend commited suicide, a member almost died. We prayed, some of us cried..... but we lived. This guild plays alot, but we truely care for one another in times of need.

Throughout our history, we would sometimes have raids fail, but soon it would be EVERY RAID that failed. With so many copycats, the concept got old, nobody cared anymore. RAWR was left without it's spirit, "Now what?"

At 1000 members strong, we took a break from recruiting to settle down and JUST HAVE FUN AGAIN. We needed to relearn and not lose track of our RAWR roots which began at the 6. Meanwhile, we've met some great people, added all kinds of new stuff and well jeez, you know cuz your here.

What we have now:
Captn Agonys, our last of the original 6 along with the leader.
Movie Nights
Partys
Contests
Social gatherings in general
themed raids (cowboys, aliens, noobs) along with an occasional classic animal raid
Saffire Tears Charity
Club StraitJacket as a meeting place (with DJ StraitJacket)
an accountant
artists, technicians, people with other various skills.
several active roleplays

What I'm looking for is a bit of fiction to add to the reality. For instance, we are really fighting "Dr. Noob" and trying to steal plans for his space station.... idk..... lol.... hopefully you get the idea.

Some random questions I'm attempting to answer:

Why did we start raiding in the first place? how did it start? How many of us were there? Were we escaping from something?

Do we have a common enemy? if so who? what does the enemy want with RAWR?

Do we have other meeting places aside from Club StraitJacket? What do we do with these other places (club is our party hall for hanging out and having fun)

Why do we hold events and social gatherings? to meet people? spy on them?

Why do we give away millions of gold each month? What does RAWR gain by it?

etc etc etc... the more details the better.... so.... RP away and see what we come up with.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:36 am
I will start:

One day, a parrot soaring over towns glides over several animals gnawing on what appears to be a bone of a NOOB???? These animals appear to be foaming at the mouth slightly. Curiosity forces the parrot to land to inspect this bizarre scene more closely.

The pack asks the parrot if he's ever heard of something called RAWR. While scratching his head with a foot in response, the pack offers to take him to a hideout.

"Come. Meet RAWR", as they begin tugging the parrot to follow.

(real life equivelants: parrot = "tha things", hideout = town zipcode 1010 we used to use to meet up for a raid at. We would bring kewl ppl back with us to ultimately invite into RAWR)

I now open this up to RAWR to build on.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24 am
meanwhile, a grunny found two people and invited them to RAWR. they were wondering what RAWR was.

(real life: two people: Khangshu and master ninja devilin? Grunny: raisedpassion)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 am
also, a dinosaur was forced to join a guild long made before RAWR, Project fluff. the leader, who was a wyvern, was met by a grunny, who wanted to be friends with her guild. the wyvern called all Rawrers Noobs. The grunny was sad and then called the wyvern a jerk and left. RAWR has became rivals like a jedi and sith fighting each other, trying to kill eachother. but alas, Project fluff is no attention to us anymore.

(real life =: grunny=raised, wyvern=Daxoo, the nonstieoreos leader of project fluff, and dinosaur=khangshu.)  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:42 am
For the record, fluff isn't a copycat guild. Fluff has been around for years, long before RAWR. They just suck.

We are kinda like their hyper kid brother.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 am
oh...k...gotta fix it!

KHANGSHU DAILY QUESTIONS!

1: who was the copycat guild that u fought againest

2: Who were the names of the original 6? (i know raised and capn agonys)  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

HowlPhilinish
Vice Captain

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:56 pm
Somewhere on a secluded island, A evil army of telitubbys and singing dinosaurs of various types were rising to destroy everything rawr has done to be normal... at the lead of this weird army is howlerd... who has the sun with a baby face on his side....... he plans to try and get the boo baas on his side... but will need the epicness that is used by Others........ The others are not known....... im not even sure they exisit..... but they can exisit.. IF I SAY THEY EXIST THEY EXIST!!!!!
(secluded island is 1423 barton 5, the army is my being insane, im me..... the others are not real inless i say they are o.o)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:20 am
Khangshu Shan
oh...k...gotta fix it!

Who was the copycat guild that we fought against? Technically we never fought against any guild. The closest 'fight' would've been Project Fluff......

no wait... I remembered.... we DID fight with a guild.... It was basically the leader of RAWR vs the leader of.... (i forget the name).

Gather 'round kids and let papa tell a story.... lol.... coming from a girl avi no less.

RAWR has been looking for a successful roleplay almost since its inception. Seiko-L was spearheading the project. After he had to leave for the summer, RAWR was looking to alternative solutions.

One such solution was with a wolf roleplay guild. In their roleplay, the wolves had escaped from some laboratory, was fighting the labcoats, going on roleplay raids to free more of their families etc. They had maps and pictures and all kinds of neat stuff. When I saw this, I was really pumped up cuz their roleplay was just like the real life RAWR.

I contacted the owner (a chick) and things went well. We talked behind closed doors about her writing RAWR into the story, a pack of insane animals who had escaped from another part of the laboratory. Where the wolves played by the rules, RAWR didn't. We would take on the role of mercenary hitmen capable of anything, loosely working with the wolves, with an intense hatred of law and order.

We were talking about bringing their roleplay into our real life raids. We would take a few of them with us on a raid. Instead of us randomly biting and peeing on people as we always have, we would be torturing, maiming, beating information out of noobs in towns. They would use the information we bring back to roleplay in real-time. If we found a noob who was good at RP, they might join the wolves guild (recruitment). Meanwhile, beating information out of a noob makes me foam at the mouth even now.... its the missing element from our raids. Its just sooo........ PERFECT!!! -gets a baseball bat with rusty nails pounded thru it-

It was so exciting, the deal was almost set. I started throwing out teasers to the guild that something great was coming.

Then, just like that, the deal fell thru. after god knows how many hours, PM's, instant messenger conversations, it all spun and fell to pieces. It was like she had an awaking, "wait, stop, WHAT???" lol. as we worked RAWR into her world, grunnies weren't allowed, didn't exist, couldn't exist. Everything became an intellectual battle. I would suggest something - it might be ok, or it might be against her "canon".

I remember the grunny topic. I suggested the laboratory genetically mutated a wolf with bunny DNA, the offspring was rabbit sized, green, and when it barked it barked "GRUNNNNNNY!!!" lol. She didn't like that saying a lab wouldnt mix rabbit and wolf DNA in search of the ultimate weapon. I said "Sure they would, they needed the wolves to reproduce really quick." lol. It was out and that was final. I wasn't sure how RAWR would take the 'no grunnys' thing. I took the deal to RAWR, explaining what we had and getting their opinion on what they wanted to do with it.

Next thing I know, the He / She is flipping out on me for revealing that she was a he and OMFG i used his NAME!!!!!! everyone knows his NAMEEEEE now.... deal was off, I was kicked from his guild, he quit RAWR, dropped me as a friend, dropped me off his instant messanger, and i think ignored me on gaia (i cant remember).

I was like..... "wow.... thats the biggest emo-fit I think I've ever seen", more upset about the lost time then anything else.

Eventually, we would a lasting friendship with the roleplay guild, "Darius School". We are currently working together on a roleplay that your gonna like. It's just not easy and takes time lol.

here, if you want, you can see for yourself how it all unfolded. I'm reading it now actually. My banter with alex was great. it was so much fun cuz he's so.... erm... lol.... LOGICAL.... lol. How do you LOGICALLY explain RAWR? It cannot be done.

It starts about midway down.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19205145&page=2

Original 6? In truth it might have been 5.... im not sure if their names are posted somewhere in the archive to verify, but i THINK it was:

raisedpassion
Capn Agonys
Darth Cloudo
ll Aurelis ll
The Valiant Deity
Manic Tenshi

again, I might be wrong on a few of them.

We happened to bump into each other in towns, all grunnies, never met before. After we got finished terrorizing, I suggested we start a guild and do it all the time. I had this guild in inventory (I was a merchant at the time) and offered to donate it. I had intended someone ELSE be the leader, but you see how THAT went..... sigh.... lol.

Aurelis was the first to suggest the RAWR acronym. Aurelis was also the one who wrote the description of the guild on the guild page. I was trying to describe RAWR to someone.... and failed..... BAD..... lol. Aur happened to be with me, so i asked HIM to try to explain what the fledgling RAWR was all about. His response would become our description on the guild page..... a word for word direct quote.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:26 am
What I think is interesting is: I followed the links and found that roleplay guild I was talking about.... "wolves of eternity" was its name.

Ya... its dead as a doornail now. last post was Oct 22nd. post before that was Oct 3rd....... guess the owner should've teamed up with RAWR when he had the chance.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:15 am
raisedpassion
Khangshu Shan
oh...k...gotta fix it!

Who was the copycat guild that we fought against? Technically we never fought against any guild. The closest 'fight' would've been Project Fluff......

no wait... I remembered.... we DID fight with a guild.... It was basically the leader of RAWR vs the leader of.... (i forget the name).

Gather 'round kids and let papa tell a story.... lol.... coming from a girl avi no less.

RAWR has been looking for a successful roleplay almost since its inception. Seiko-L was spearheading the project. After he had to leave for the summer, RAWR was looking to alternative solutions.

One such solution was with a wolf roleplay guild. In their roleplay, the wolves had escaped from some laboratory, was fighting the labcoats, going on roleplay raids to free more of their families etc. They had maps and pictures and all kinds of neat stuff. When I saw this, I was really pumped up cuz their roleplay was just like the real life RAWR.

I contacted the owner (a chick) and things went well. We talked behind closed doors about her writing RAWR into the story, a pack of insane animals who had escaped from another part of the laboratory. Where the wolves played by the rules, RAWR didn't. We would take on the role of mercenary hitmen capable of anything, loosely working with the wolves, with an intense hatred of law and order.

We were talking about bringing their roleplay into our real life raids. We would take a few of them with us on a raid. Instead of us randomly biting and peeing on people as we always have, we would be torturing, maiming, beating information out of noobs in towns. They would use the information we bring back to roleplay in real-time. If we found a noob who was good at RP, they might join the wolves guild (recruitment). Meanwhile, beating information out of a noob makes me foam at the mouth even now.... its the missing element from our raids. Its just sooo........ PERFECT!!! -gets a baseball bat with rusty nails pounded thru it-

It was so exciting, the deal was almost set. I started throwing out teasers to the guild that something great was coming.

Then, just like that, the deal fell thru. after god knows how many hours, PM's, instant messenger conversations, it all spun and fell to pieces. It was like she had an awaking, "wait, stop, WHAT???" lol. as we worked RAWR into her world, grunnies weren't allowed, didn't exist, couldn't exist. Everything became an intellectual battle. I would suggest something - it might be ok, or it might be against her "canon".

I remember the grunny topic. I suggested the laboratory genetically mutated a wolf with bunny DNA, the offspring was rabbit sized, green, and when it barked it barked "GRUNNNNNNY!!!" lol. She didn't like that saying a lab wouldnt mix rabbit and wolf DNA in search of the ultimate weapon. I said "Sure they would, they needed the wolves to reproduce really quick." lol. It was out and that was final. I wasn't sure how RAWR would take the 'no grunnys' thing. I took the deal to RAWR, explaining what we had and getting their opinion on what they wanted to do with it.

Next thing I know, the He / She is flipping out on me for revealing that she was a he and OMFG i used his NAME!!!!!! everyone knows his NAMEEEEE now.... deal was off, I was kicked from his guild, he quit RAWR, dropped me as a friend, dropped me off his instant messanger, and i think ignored me on gaia (i cant remember).

I was like..... "wow.... thats the biggest emo-fit I think I've ever seen", more upset about the lost time then anything else.

Eventually, we would a lasting friendship with the roleplay guild, "Darius School". We are currently working together on a roleplay that your gonna like. It's just not easy and takes time lol.

here, if you want, you can see for yourself how it all unfolded. I'm reading it now actually. My banter with alex was great. it was so much fun cuz he's so.... erm... lol.... LOGICAL.... lol. How do you LOGICALLY explain RAWR? It cannot be done.

It starts about midway down.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19205145&page=2

Original 6? In truth it might have been 5.... im not sure if their names are posted somewhere in the archive to verify, but i THINK it was:

raisedpassion
Capn Agonys
Darth Cloudo
ll Aurelis ll
The Valiant Deity
Manic Tenshi

again, I might be wrong on a few of them.

We happened to bump into each other in towns, all grunnies, never met before. After we got finished terrorizing, I suggested we start a guild and do it all the time. I had this guild in inventory (I was a merchant at the time) and offered to donate it. I had intended someone ELSE be the leader, but you see how THAT went..... sigh.... lol.

Aurelis was the first to suggest the RAWR acronym. Aurelis was also the one who wrote the description of the guild on the guild page. I was trying to describe RAWR to someone.... and failed..... BAD..... lol. Aur happened to be with me, so i asked HIM to try to explain what the fledgling RAWR was all about. His response would become our description on the guild page..... a word for word direct quote.

Hes a transformer named Shockwave then.

User Image

I logiclly bought myself k?  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:22 pm
shockwave rulez  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 pm
OMG IF YOU WANT I CAN CREATE A MANGA/COMIC FOR IT!!!! biggrin I'm already making my own manga now, i could easily help make RAWR's!!!  

l-Kallisto-l

7,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

l-Kallisto-l

7,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 pm
O.o was I a grunny back then?....I dont remember...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 pm
omg I cant even remember what I was when I joined RAWR. I know I was an animal ._. Hey raised do you remember?  

l-Kallisto-l

7,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pirate Radio FM

2,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:01 pm
How about there be different clans of all the furries like starmonies or grunny's and pumpkins and stuff.....and a war happens bettween them  
Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff