Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5 Middle-Earth Character Creation & Rolls] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laelless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to Middle-Earth

I plan for my campaign to take place in the fourth age; Sauron is defeated, yet there is still evil in the land, for evil never sleeps.

The Orcs are still alive, and one of them has risen to coordinate them in a massive army against the other mortal races. But they are not without allies themselves. Fel beast left behind by Morgoth's foulness runs rampant, and few rumor that the dark lord himself is coming back for the final battle.

Now, everyone, this is my first campaign in this guild. I am also very noobish with 3.5. I can run a 4E game, but I much rather prefer the former of the two. I WILL make mistakes, but please, bare with me. I know most of you are veteran players, so I would appreciate your assistance should I make a mistake. Luckily, I know the basics, so all should be fine.

That being said, let me begin with my variation of the rules, which isn't much.

Players

Simka Thornstone Half-Orc Ranger

Ogar Ulfseeker Half-Orc Fighter

Ecthelion Elven Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 pm
Classes Allowed

Now, I have a problem with divine settings in this campaign for one reason; the Valar, the Gods, aren't really partaking in the affairs of mortals, but not because they don't care. So, I have come to this conclusion for paladins and clerics.

Elven, half-elven, and men characters can only be a divine class devoted to Varda Elentári, Queen of the Stars, for she loves them most of all to grant her her power.

The dwarves look to Aulë, the Smith for their divine abilities and prayers, for when the Children of Iluvitar where made by God Himself, Aulë was the one who crafted the dwarves from stone.

Sorcerers are NOT allowed. They absolutely do NOT exist in Middle-Earth.

Wizards are also a debate of this campaign, for the mortal races do not use magic as most do in fantasy settings. If you really REALLY MUST play a wizard, speak to me and I will tell you the requirements.

All of the classes are available for play from the core rulebook. If you get one from a 3rd source, ask first. I will consider it, but do not expect me to agree. I will try to be as fair to both your wants and the setting of Middle-Earth as I can.  

Laelless

Laelless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 pm
Races

The races not allowed by any means are Tieflings, drow (<3), and gnomes.

Half-orcs are iffy, but if you convince me, I will allow you to play. Be prepared to fight for your life, however. More then you'd want.

The elves are obviously allowed for play, and have the following changes:
-Elves are now immortal in the sense that they do not age. However, all other means of death can and will kill elf characters.
-Elves also have a longing to venture to the West, to live with the Valar in their world with the rest of their kin. Just to note for RP purposes.

Half-elves have the following changes:
-A half-elf will have to choose either the Choice of Elves, or the Choice of Men. These are chosen during character creation and DO NOT CHANGE.
-Choice of Elves: By choosing this, you are also immortal in terms of you do not age. You also gain proficiency with the longbow.
-Choice of Men- You are completely mortal, and live as long as a human would. You gain proficiency with one weapon of your choice.

Halflings will also be called Hobbits now. They don't change other then that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 pm
Character Creation

LEVEL: You will start at level 5.

STATS: You will roll 4d6, drop lowest. All ones rolled, if not dropped due to being the lowest, may be re-rolled. You get one free re-roll for the lowest stat, and can go with either result. Or standard point buy.

EQUIPMENT: You all start out with 100 gold + 4d6x2. Weird, but I'm the DM, dammit. I will assign each character with one magical item of my choice.

SKILLS: Standard.

You also may have one trait and one flaw. I expect you to actually RP your character with their said traits and flaws.
Now that I'm on the subject of RPing, I want to remind everyone that even if you have seen the movie and know that Gandalf was in the Mines of Moria when he first fell, your character might not. If you roll something and you don't beat the DC, don't use YOUR knowledge if your character doesn't. Just a friendly reminder.  

Laelless

Laelless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:27 pm
If any are interested, or point out flaws I may have already made, go ahead and post. Please post characters here. Also of note, you can use Gaia rolls for determining stats, but I also present Red Dragon Inn Dice Roller. Just send the rolls to laelless@yahoo.com If not sent to there, I will not take your scores.  
Manozz55 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 5, 4, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3 Total: 58 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:07 pm
(Re rolling all ones in next post if they are not the lowest die. Grouping by fours, first five stats.)  

Manozz55

Manozz55 rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 2, 3, 4, 4 Total: 23 (6-36)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:10 pm
First two are one re rolls. Next four are sixth stat roll.

9, 11, 15, 12, 13, 11 .... Going with a reroll to test my luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm
Manozz55
First two are one re rolls. Next four are sixth stat roll.

9, 11, 15, 12, 13, 11 .... Going with a reroll to test my luck.

Again, you can use the old or new one if the new one blows chunks harder then the former.  

Laelless

Manozz55 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 6, 3, 6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 1, 6, 4, 2, 4, 2 Total: 63 (20-120)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm
Same method as the first time. Come on sixes.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 pm
Manozz55

Uhh, what?
You re-roll only for your lowest stat. Not all of them.

EDIT: Sorry, that was my mistake. I didn't make that clear.  

Laelless

Deadusernamelol rolled 16 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 6, 1, 3, 6, 1, 2, 6, 2, 2, 3, 3 Total: 47 (16-96)

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Rolling

Deadusernamelol rolled 8 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6, 1 Total: 28 (8-48)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 pm
End result
7, 12, 14, 8, 15, 11

Deadusernamelol

Manozz55 rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 4, 1, 5 Total: 21 (6-36)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 pm
Re rolling two ones, oddly enough, next four are sixth stat.

12, 12, 14, 11, 10, 15.

I can work with this. With the race modifier and the +1 from being fourth level. I can get and 18 >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:26 pm
Laelless
Manozz55

Uhh, what?
You re-roll only for your lowest stat. Not all of them.

EDIT: Sorry, that was my mistake. I didn't make that clear.

Ohh, thought it was a whole re roll. Sorry about that.  

Manozz55

Manozz55 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 3, 3 Total: 16 (4-24)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 pm
Re rolling lowest stat of nine.

11, 15, 12, 13, 13, 11 There we go.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items