Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So I Don't Share Much But Hey..Why Not Start? XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:41 am
So I don't live a very exciting life or anything but anyways,I've been job hunting like crazy lately because I need money for college lulz sad but hey it happens and I'm at my fiances place this week doing it because he lives in the city and I live in a hicktown which is pretty slow and empty and doesn't offer much for employment.So lately I've been hardcore stressed 'cause I REALLY need a job and I'm nervous that because I haven't been employed in a few years 'cause of me doing the school thing,that it won't be an asset like I'd like to believe.Ever since the recession work has been harder to come by even though there has been a lot of improvements.Any form of encouragement through this uncertain time would be greatly appreciated smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 am
Keep looking, look harder, and then look some more. Apply to fifty jobs if you have to. I don't care how corny this sounds, but even if forty-nine of them reject you, that one job that hires you is going to make you feel great, and is totally going to be worth it.

And you said you don't know if having a job is an asset like you think; having a steady cash flow is ALWAYS an asset as opposed to not have one.

And like you said, things are getting better. Hell, things are taking a long, LONG time to get better, and things are only getting slightly better, but they're getting there. Keep your head up.
3nodding

Nexus Carbuncle

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:23 pm
I see advertisement's for some show called Fairy Job Mother. It could royally suck, but I'll bet if you look it up online (or if you have cable), that might give a few pointers on how to dress, act, and talk in a job interview.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 am
Apply to anything and eventually you will find somewhere.

With Christmas coming up, you might get places looking for temporary workers as well, to deal with more customer demand. While temp work isn't attractive for steady income, it will liven up any CV's with further experience. Plus, if you work really hard, there is always the off chance of being kept on past your temp position.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items