Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 pm
Dreamers
1.) Cley Pureholm-- Paladin
2.) Justice Blackwell -- Monk/ranger
3.) Tehila of the Violet Note. -- Bard
4.) James Taelka Biorr -- Sorcerer
5.) Hur' Oc Marrow Splitter -- Fighter
6.) Lad Sherlock -- paladin/sorcerer
7.) Ziya, the druid

You find yourself in the town of prosper in the docking region. Whatever your true motivation be, you have been assign to guard Count Marcus Drago. Not much is known about this elusive man other than a few simple facts. It is said that Count Drago lived on the island well before Gabriel set up shop here, making him somewhere around a hundred and twenty, and while Gabriels celestial blood explains his age, Count Drago appears as nothing more than your average gnome. The Count was found by Gabriel in the woods they say, when he arrive Marcus Drago was simply Mark the wild man, but something happened since then and the Count is a rather wealthy man sought after for his vast knowledge of many things in the world. Drago's main specialties are in Geography, History, The planes, and the Arcane, but he is treated as an expert in nearly all fields. It is also well known that he is a collector and trainer of dragons.

Unfortunately, all you really know about his appearance is that he is a Gnome and that he is somewhere in the Docking District, a good start would be the flying machine, as it is the end goal anyways.

Scene Description:
Dungeon Master

The Docking District is unfortunately the poorest district of Prosper. While goods are constantly shipped in and out, people smuggle aboard and arrive in Prosper only to find that they have no money. Most every street or alleyway in this district is filled with homeless beggars and thieves, and over them all is a gang known as the Quintens that steal money from the middle and upper class in order to provide for the poor. They are lead by two men that use the nicknames Sodom and Gamora.

Obviously a good size of the outer island area in the Docking district is comprised of docks, but there are also a few other places of interest.

Babyle: A Brothel, bar, and gambling house that acts as the base of operations for the Quintens.

Puppy Dog Tails: An odd combination of restaurant, Bar, bath house and Barber shop. The main hang out for those pure of spirit.

Rat Tooth Tavern: A sleazy bar in the bottom of the Blue Dingy Inn that is known for its rough crowds and cheap drinks.

The Blue Dingy: An in that can hold up to twelve customers at a time. Despite the fact that they lend their basement to the roughest bar in Prosper, the owners are rather gentle people.

The Strain-Jand Bazaar: An open market that primarily sells fish, pottery, and a plethora of poorly made objects as well as many stolen things.

Thieves Guild and Black Market: Good luck finding them ...

Other descriptors

In the center of town is a large cone shaped building with a domed top, this is Gabriels Palace. Past that is the rest of the city.

The city is divided into different districts:
Docking: A ghetto where new ships come in to drop off their goods.

Armor: Primarily a weapons and armor selling district.

Saints Row: The smallest district, it encircles Gabriels palace and is where all the churches are located.

Magi: Primarily an Arcane magic district, it is very small.

Loners Way: Contrary to its name, Loners way is a guild house neighborhood that is adjacent to the docking district.

Gabriels Palace: <.< Read. A large, golden, dome topped, cone.

The Flying Machine: The flying machine is so large that is is visible from every corner of Prosper Isle.

Map 1  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 am
Hur' Oc departed from boat, sea legs intact. The smell was nothing like his frozen mountains or network of caves, all the same he tried to ignore the eyes of people looking at a full blooded Orc peacefully walking about. It wasn't that it never happened but like seeing a fully clad knight with lance ready, they would see him as muscle or a weapon; at least it had happened enough for him to presume as much; he didn't much blame them, Hur Oc did look like he was trained specifically for war. Despite this he tried to mimic human smiles and make funny jokes to set the common folk at ease.

He let his hair down out of the pony tail once he got well away from the water. Sorting through his pack briefly, still he'd try the simple method for looking for his employer, a 'flying machine' being his best clue. He was light on his feet as he wasn't wearing his armor, but he did have his claymore strapped to his back. He kept most of his black wolf pelt clothing off except for waist down, the island weather was... not to his liking at all.

This did expose his unique scar, it was a mark of exile from his people. A simple black listing that was put over his left pec; in the shape of for clean scars, not jagged like those of tooth and nail; clean like steel cuts were running across. It seems they were intentionally shaped like a wolf paw.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Laelless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:07 pm
The young half-elf had put his cup down, the water within it downed in a single gulp. James Taelka Biorr would have much rather to have had an alcoholic beverage, but he had someone to protect, and it wouldn't look good if he made his appearance while hardly able to keep himself up, or keep his lunch in.
The half-breed moved away from the bar counter and strolled out of the Babyle, taking an eye of the patrons of the bar, mostly the women, wondering if he would find himself back here tonight.
James was a tall fellow, around 5'9'', taller then both his parents. He wore his dark violet vest tight around his torso, his raven-black hair roughly framing his face, looking elegantly disheveled.
He set his green intense eyes to the sky, particularly to where the air ship was docked and made a move towards it, deciding he might as well not play the tease and head strait for the ship to meet this count.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 pm
User ImageJustice lounged against a wall looking over the Bazaar, her golden brown eyes scanning the air. It would be so much better if I had an actual description to go on, but whatever. A flying machine shouldn't be that hard to find.

She pulls away from the wall, stretching her long, lean frame. She begins to move, sticking instinctively to the shadows. Her dark coloring makes it even easier not to be noticed as she makes her way around the Docks, trying to find her new employer.  

Dallas Moonrain

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm
User ImageLad Sherlock shakes his head slightly, making his black hair slightly more tousled. He pushes it out of the way, tucking it behind his pointed ears and exposing his aristocratic features and dark blue eyes. He is very neatly dressed, and seems a little out of place in this rough district. I will never get used to places like this, he muses. But it is what it is. Now to find Count Drago...Shouldn't be too hard.

Lad steps out into the street with a smile, selecting the prettiest girl in his line of sight as the first person to speak to.

{Since Gather Info is now part of Diplomacy, Lad will be making a Diplomacy check to find out whatever he can about Count Drago, concentrating on a better description and where he can be found.}

{And that is a 28 on my Diplomacy check.... biggrin }  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 pm
User ImageFinishing up a small glass of wine in the Blue Dingy, Cley sighed. "You'd think, if you were hiring folks to provide you with protection, that you'd at least make arrangements of where to meet and provide info about what you'd look like, right?" She mused to the proprietor. "I can't believe I didn't think of that when I took this job in first place. I sail in here (and it wasn't the best sea voyage, let me tell you...), and now I'm not even sure where to begin looking for Count Drago. I'd really hate to miss out on this flying ship launch just because I don't know who I'm supposed to be traveling with." She picked up her empty glass, swirling the last drop of liquid at the bottom, like a tiny, perfectly round ruby.

"Does anyone here know where I might find Count Marcus Drago? Or what he looks like, at the very least? There's a silver piece in it for you if you do..." She smiled at any and all of the other guests.

{Also making a Diplomacy check to gather information. +11 on the roll. That's a total of a 22.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:03 pm
jennibert
User ImageLad Sherlock shakes his head slightly, making his black hair slightly more tousled. He pushes it out of the way, tucking it behind his pointed ears and exposing his aristocratic features and dark blue eyes. He is very neatly dressed, and seems a little out of place in this rough district. I will never get used to places like this, he muses. But it is what it is. Now to find Count Drago...Shouldn't be too hard.

Lad steps out into the street with a smile, selecting the prettiest girl in his line of sight as the first person to speak to.

{Since Gather Info is now part of Diplomacy, Lad will be making a Diplomacy check to find out whatever he can about Count Drago, concentrating on a better description and where he can be found.}

{And that is a 28 on my Diplomacy check.... biggrin }

The woman seemed lost for a moment before saying, "Oh yeah, the dragon tamer. You can't miss the guy. He is usually either right outside the entryway to the shipyard, the Puppy's place, or the ... market. When he isn't at Gabe's anyways." She seemed to think a little harder. "Little man, big stick, long white hair ... He's got a fancy coat too, but its a little worn." She thought a little harder and said, "Thats about it. I'm surprised that man hasn't died yet, he gives away anything he can afford to give." She looked down the street and began to run off, "Oh poo! I need to get to work."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:07 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User ImageFinishing up a small glass of wine in the Blue Dingy, Cley sighed. "You'd think, if you were hiring folks to provide you with protection, that you'd at least make arrangements of where to meet and provide info about what you'd look like, right?" She mused to the proprietor. "I can't believe I didn't think of that when I took this job in first place. I sail in here (and it wasn't the best sea voyage, let me tell you...), and now I'm not even sure where to begin looking for Count Drago. I'd really hate to miss out on this flying ship launch just because I don't know who I'm supposed to be traveling with." She picked up her empty glass, swirling the last drop of liquid at the bottom, like a tiny, perfectly round ruby.

"Does anyone here know where I might find Count Marcus Drago? Or what he looks like, at the very least? There's a silver piece in it for you if you do..." She smiled at any and all of the other guests.

{Also making a Diplomacy check to gather information. +11 on the roll. That's a total of a 22.}

A few people shouted out random descriptives.
"White hair!"
"SHAGGY white hair!"
"Got a stick too!"
"And a Dragon!"
"That ain't a Dragon, its a rat!"
"I never seen no rat spit acid before."
"I think he's blind!"
"I think your blind!"
"He probably just does it so that folks will pity him."
"Damn good idea."

The rest became engrossed in a conversation about how to scam tourist for sympathy.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 am
User Image"Thank you all for your wonderful assistance. At least now I know what to look out for... I'm very sorry, but I don't have quite enough silver to pay all of you - I honestly wasn't expecting such an overwhelming response. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps instead I could simply pay my remaining funds towards as many rounds as it'll buy you all." She lays her four silver coins on the counter and stands. "May you all be blessed by the sacred light of Iomedae. Many thanks, once again." She strides out of the restaurant, with at least a bit more information to go on...

{Rolling Diplomacy +11 once again to keep the folks from not being too upset on me running low on funds. Hadn't expected there to be that many folks in the inn... sweatdrop Hopefully, a 25 will do some damage control.}  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:52 am
((I'm assuming your in the Rat Tooth, seeing as the Dingy is an inn.))

It seemed as if the crowd was going to say something, but at the mention of religion they fell silent. Eye contact with the Paladin became nonexistent. The bar tender handed her back three of the silver she had laid down and whispered, "I'd leave now if I were you, I think the armor is scaring them a bit, but people don't take to kindly to the religious folk down here." The barkeep looked to the door as peoples eyes began to find their way back to the Paladin, some filled with rage some filled with a look of lost hope and remorse, but it was obvious that the joyous mood of the bar had been killed.

((If you stay here for another post I'll need you to make a perception check.))

((Lol, you passed, then you mentioned religion which raises the dc due to pissing off the crowd.))  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 am
((Wrasynth, Laelless, and Justice.

x2 Perception check
x1 Knowledge local check

For trying to find the Count w/o assistance.))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:07 am
Mastur Sage

It seemed as if the crowd was going to say something, but at the mention of religion they fell silent. Eye contact with the Paladin became nonexistent. The bar tender handed her back three of the silver she had laid down and whispered, "I'd leave now if I were you, I think the armor is scaring them a bit, but people don't take to kindly to the religious folk down here." The barkeep looked to the door as peoples eyes began to find their way back to the Paladin, some filled with rage some filled with a look of lost hope and remorse, but it was obvious that the joyous mood of the bar had been killed.

((Lol, you passed, then you mentioned religion which raises the dc due to pissing off the crowd.))

{I had assumed that the inn would have a place to eat. That's where I was thinking I was.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 am
Disciple of Sakura
Mastur Sage

{I had assumed that the inn would have a place to eat. That's where I was thinking I was.}

[Read the description up there. The Rats tooth is the bar beneath the Dingy. The Dingy is simply a check in desk with a few bedrooms and a bathroom.]  
Wrasynth Ksyamen rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 12, 15 Total: 36 (3-60)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 am
(8, 11, on perception, 16 on knowledge local. I think that last roll is actually relevant.)

Hur' Oc simply strolled down the docks looking for a flying machine. Not that he knew what one looked like, but he'd recognize a boat for sure. So he simply waited to recognize something that he didn't recognize. The logic seemed infallible to him, until he got distracted by a whench all ready drunk singing from a 2nd story bar balcony, barely clothed. Unfortunately all he could think was "Ew, it's sooo, pink? So, flamboyantly colored..." He paused unable to stop himself from the brief distraction before trying to return to his job, before stopping and looking back thinking to himself "Really!? Like pink all over? Huh? The surface is colorful..." He paused figuring if he hadn't figured it out yet, he needed to go someplace where could figure this out. So he went to a bar, if the smell of the docks was bad, the dive he walked into was worse; the people in it matched the smell as well. Thankfully the rowdy nature of the singing and aimless escapism's would most likely leave them oblivious to the gentle giant's presence. He'd signal to a startled serving wench order a simple ail and try to strike up a conversation with her. Asking simply "Some simple pint. Also? Who would I go to, to find someone? I would imagine an eccentric gnome, he owns a flying machine and needs some muscle to guard his shinnies. Nothing dirty, just simple location for a guard job. Vanilla task, yes?" In the mean time he was trying to remember any relevant information he heard about this town.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers