Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5] Crystal Hearts - Campaign Start! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:45 am
You are all gathered in a large ornate room. The smell of expensive aroma's tickle your nostrils as you gaze upon the extravagant art and ornate architecture. A man sits upon a fancy chair with guards on either side. He raises a hand to get your attention before speaking. "Hero's! Champions! Naives! I am Runthar, son of Botche. [bah-shh] As you may know I have sent out for aid in acquiring a certain....item, of great interest to me. I am willing to award the person or persons who bring said item to me an amount of five thousand gold pieces, each." His words sound rater pleasing to the ears.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 am
Krius stood there quietly, waiting for more information on this item of great interest he was giddy to get to searching. The man hoped for a great adventure, riding on a horse vast distances, fighting dragons just to secure some solid platinum goblet from it's hoard.

((awww, no sub-forum yet?))  

Keefe_the_Music_Man

Magnetic Smoker

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 pm
((lol haha! sorry typo x3 I ment thread x.x I'll ask for the open subforum asap ok? :3 ))  
Manozz55 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 pm
Peony listened to the man with great interest. Anything that involved making coin peaked her interest. Of course she preferred sneaking around and stealing for coin. But she'd never been on an adventure and thought it was high time she went out exploring and spread her name across the lands. Also, looking around the room and seeing all the expensive things she could take was all to tempting. But being apprehended by the guards and losing a hand for stealing was not something she wanted to do. Her cleverness was higher than the temptation. Instead she thought she would speak up and try to squeeze some more coin out of the man, "Excuse me, sir, while your offer is generous enough. If this item is of such great value and has snared your interest. Shouldn't you be offering a bit more than that to persuade these people? While most might be honest enough. There are those... who could sell such an item for the right price. So why not raise your reward to say six... seven thousand gold pieces?" She asked trying to be respectable but loathing it all at the same time. But it was a price to be paid for a chance at more coin.

(( Diplomacy check +2 from charisma. No ranks.  

Manozz55

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 pm
Runtar's facial expressions became slightly distorted with disgust at Peony's negotiations. "This item is useless to anyone else. If you are not satisfied with the reward I offer then leave my site, rouge." His toned changed to a more dissatisfied one as he said rouge. It seems to be a sensitive topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:09 pm
"What is the item you seek?" Uriel asked almost hidden behind some of the others.

An adventure would be the test of his ability he wanted, also if the item was as useless as Runtar said. Then maybe it would have some magical property that locked it from others using it. And if so then there maybe something from his studies about the item.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm
By the side of the room, a slightly uncempt man sat, perched even, on a chair.

Pavlock, with his hair tied back into a small pony tail, set an eye over the room. Noting those that where around. On his back was a shortbow, his clothes, though faded from wethered use, seemed to have an underlaying brightness to them. In actuallity they where clothes from the day to day use of his tribe. They favoured brighter colours for day work in the wastes of the north.

In his hand was a handful of seeds and nuts. A batch of which he had made a meal out of while he was traveling.

He said nothing, as the person who assembed them here dismissed a raise in funds for retriving the item.

His pale face observed the room, crunches and cracks issued from him as he proceaded to eat the nuts and seeds.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Runthar looked upon the young mage. "It is called Raknol. A weapon of old, guarded by the fiercest of the chromatic dragons, a red dragon name Mortak! He is cunning and 3 centurys old. For the weapon I offer a mere five thousand. If you can manage to defeat Mortak, his horde would naturally be yours." He stated as his gaze ran over your group. One of the guards standing close to the one chewing nutz groaned in annoyance.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Licking his lips, Pavlock carfully emptied the contents of his palm into a small leather bag.

"A red dragon could be an interesting hunt, treause or not" the Shaman said, unfurling his legs from under him. He planted his feet on the ground and pushed himself up.

"Are we getting any maps and information about the hunted now or is that somthing we are to be doing on the way?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:37 pm
Runthar waved a hand at a servant and she quickly walked to his side and knelt down holding up to him a small box. He grabbed it and opened the box. "Upon accepting my offer you will each be given a pendant that will allow me to monitor your progress as well as a partial map to Mortak's lair." with another wave of his hand the servant girl walks back into her corner. "All those who wish to take pat in this arduous adventure step forth, and be bestowed upon said pendant." As he finished e lifted his and up to reveal a cluster of matching pendants with Runthar's family crest on them.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 pm
Uriel looked at the adults in the room and let out a sigh. He didn't want to face a dragon, much less one that old. Though, the mission was to get Raknol, it had nothing about taking on this dragon. Stealth would be needed more than any other skill and survival would be almost none existent if the dragon found out.

Stepping forth he spoke "I am Ureil Palpion and I will take your mission."

Uriel couldn't believe that he just said that, it was almost as if someone else controlled him for that moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 pm
Runthar hands Uriel one of the pendants. "any othr bave souls seeking gold and glory?"  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Keefe_the_Music_Man

Magnetic Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm
Krius smiled broadly to himself, in the knowledge that he was right about the dragons. He stepped forth and took one of the mentioned pendants and hung it around his neck without a word, tucking it under his tunic.

joe-dude667 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 am
Amber had stayed silent for the duration of this meeting. She was shocked at the rogues demands for more money. 5000g was more money than Amber had ever laid eyes on, why ask for more? Though then she heard of the Dragon...

"A Dragon is a truly dangerous foe." She said aloud to the room. "Especially one as old as you say this one is. What makes you think we're up to the task?"

She thought it was a point. Money of that magnitude would bring forth all manner of people. Even people that had no fighting experience. How did they know this wasn't a trap? This man could be working for Mortak, sending it food. She tried to think, see if she had heard of this Mortak before [[Knowledge (Nature) +10 = 24]]. Non the less, Amber was dedicated to helping people, and slaying a dragon would be an almighty way to do that.

"I will go."  

joe-dude667

Manozz55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 pm
Peony laughed inwardly. She seemed to have left some kind of mark on this town she had no clue about. Sure there were certain signs to look for to recognize a rogue. But she was exceptional at hiding it. This man.. Runthar. Had to be very observant and had the obvious eyes and ears around the city. A whole new reason for her to move on if he knew her... ways. So to speak.

Then he curiosity peaked when he mentioned dragons. But more so her anger. 'Is this man mad?! A Dragon?! And only a five thousand gold reward?! WE should get half up front for this kind of job!' But she knew to hold her tongue and the thoughts stayed inside. She stepped forward. Having her own reason for joining, with her doubts fading about getting the reward. Sure she could leave on her own. But leaving with a group was better, "Yeah, whatever. I'll go on this quest. So long as I get paid makes me no difference." Her annoyance was apparent. But she made sure her anger was not so obvious.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff