Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So I heard you guys lost a Qui?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  We don't need no stinking poll! (Except that we do)
View Results

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 am
HAY SUITES. DISS BE QUI, WUSS HAPPNIN!?

So yeah, hi you guys! I'm aware I haven't properly been on here in ages but unforunatley, university has completley taken over my life sad Here's a quick summary:

*Had 5 reports to hand in last Friday at 4:00pm. Finished the last one at 3:35 and SPRINTED from my house to the nearest uni building to print them off and hand them in. I'm not happy with them, but they're in on time.

(Had a nice relaxing weekend during which I saw my parents for the first time in like 2 weeks (they were away in Cyprus and brought me back a MASSIVE bottle of Morgan's Rum biggrin )

*Now I have a literature review to write (max. 3000 words) by this Friday and I'm beginning to panic again.

*I've also developed a habit of collecting transformers! I used to love the cartoon and my friend has got me started on buying a few of the "grown-up" transformer models. I know it's sad but hey, it's what I do now razz

*I am now the treasurer of Queen's Trampolining Club which involves carrying a cash box, signing people up and taking money off them for various things, lodging money, getting statements of our account balance etc.

So yeah, I rarely find time to get on Gaia, most of the time I want to just go to bed sad But I thought it would be nice to post before I disappear again under a mountain of work xd
How's everyone doing here?!

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 am
Hiiiii! Everyone's semesters started, so it's quiet here. ^_^

Three thousand words in a week? X_x You're brave...  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:55 am
Woah, Queens works you guys a lot harder. Or maybe I just don't know because I did English. Still, doesn't seem like a lot of notice to get all that done.

I'm doing fine. I now volunteer two days a week in a primary school, to get some much needed experience to get into a PGCE. Now I just need to start applying...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 am
Into my second year and they just launch straight into the hardcore techno-babble, I'm knee deep in research >_>  

scrub
Crew

Aaditya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm
I feel ya on being swamped, I just had an exam today that I crammed all yesterday for. It was basically me listening to 8 lectures back to back and it wasn't bad at all because I realized that I'm used to much much more material on my exams!

You definitely have a full plate, just go bit by bit and don't let the sheer amount of work intimidate you; it will be copleted if you put the time in and then you can relax!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 pm
LOL College. It gets us all.

I'm a sophomore music student, and at my school, you have to play for a council at the end of your first semester of your second year. If you fail, they kick you out. O.o

Nexus Carbuncle

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 pm
I was just looking under the couch for you.

Glad things seem to be going well.
College is fun. If a pain, so I feel ya.

Dude, I dig the transformer collecting.
And, it's good to hear that the trampoline thing goes well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 pm
~*~

Where HAVE you been, young man?!
I've missed you.

School has absolutely devoured my life as well. -.- All I want to do when I get home is eat for the first time that day and sleep.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 pm
Qui <333

Well, i got married and we are currently working on finding a place to call our own.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:20 pm
I'm signing up for classes this week !
For next semester, that is (:

Then I'm writing the 1000000 essays for
colleges. (:

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:50 pm
Yet another update from your friendly neighbourhood Qui (two in a week, aren't you lucky?!)!

I got up today at 10:30am and worked on my literature review (which was due in today) until 5:15pm when I e-mailed it to my project supervisor. Having not eaten all day, I went to the shop and bought some food, walked over to trampolining and nearly killed myself by pulling out of a back somersault halfway through ;_;
Anyway, yeah, first draft of literature review is done and I'm having a nice weekend filled with going to work. Sunday night though, we're going out for Hallowe'en and I've just resorted to dressing up as V from V For Vendetta again.

@yaoi: A girl I work with is doing that too, she's enjoying it. P.G.C.E. applications came out maybe last week though, didn't they? o.O Did you apply?

@Dris: God, I know exactly what you mean. I've actually been forgetting to eat, getting about 5 hours sleep per night and my assignments have been the first thing in my head when I wake up in the mornings. I've missed you too biggrin

(You can come to Imogen Heap with me next time, I got a ******** awesome hoodie with the Ellipse Tree design on it for only £10).

@Cold: So I saw! CONGRATS! biggrin I hope you guys'll be really happy together, and good luck with the househunting! biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:31 pm
We didn't lose a Qui. We obviously paid someone to kidnap him so he would love us more for the absence. talk2hand

But I know what you mean. I've been so busy with college myself. I wasn't this busy last year. ;o;
I think it also might be some of my classes. I have some hard and/or time-consuming ones.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas