Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Need help on an art project, feedback please!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it okay?
its good, turn it in
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
needs more work
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

hisoka-kaminalover12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm
Need some opinion. i was going to turn this in for my art class but i wanted some feedback first and my friends just agree with whatever i say. give me some feedback, do you think this is worth turning it or should i work on it alittle more. (also sorry but my scanner cut off the bottem alittle)
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm
Hmm, let's see...the drawing is done mostly in mid-tones. Giving it more light and dark values would give the image more volume. The torso seems a bit long to me. Good luck!  

Quvi

Umbra Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:21 pm
        Is this just going to be a pencil drawing, or are you going to use some other medium to finish it?

If it's just pencil, then yeah, it's just kinda gray. I would say fill in some of the white space, as well as what Quvi suggested.

Good luck! c:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am
Make yourself a mentee thread in the correct subforum. This forum is for discussion only.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Ren-wuvs-you

Beloved Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 pm
I would like to say that this is very nice. I can see you put a lot of effort. Even though she is just sitting it looks natural. I like the detail and the wings.
I would work a little bit more on the shading such as streching into where you haven't shade a little bit and darkening the edges. I really do like the amount of detail.
I really really like the wings but maybe they need to be cleaned up a little bit. I'm not sure how to explain it but the shading looks almost smudged. It might just be how it came up on my computer but delicatly erasing and re-erasing can make it look cleaner.

I think you have amazing talent and should continue what you are doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:20 pm
Personally I think its amazing. And I dont think anything should be changed. I know how I hate editing my work because it always ends up worse... I think the shading is really good actually. (: Great job. I love it  

Existinceds

Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff