Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I've been wasting my life for five years! Huzzah!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HERE HAVE A POLL!
  WHUT? I does not get gold for this? D:
View Results

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:11 pm
Yep, that's right guys. Today was my Gaia anniversary and I can't believe I've been on this website for so long!
I can't believe how much it's changed with all of these evolving items, and rigs, booty grabbing, "monthly collectibles", etc.
Oh poll gold. I miss you so! :3

Discuss: How many years have you been roaming this place?
What's changed for better or for worse over the years?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 pm
I've been on Gaia for.. 6 and a half years. o_o

It has totally changed a lot.. some ways for the better.. some ways for the worst.. all in all.. I still love this site. heart

I don't like how posting/polling isn't really a good way to get gold anymore.. I wish it was more focused around those two things instead of Booty Grabbing.. oh well! XD

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 pm
Happy Gaiaversary!

I've been on Gaia for nearly 6 years.

I really think that Gaia has changed for the better in pretty much every single way since I joined. Except for the layouts. mad I miss my 2005-2006 layouts.

I've met so many great people on this site that I actually consider real friends and have met a handful of them. I love Gaia, woo! And it keeps on getting more and more fun for me. Sometimes, though, I really hate Gaia, but then new items come out and I am like "okok Gaia we cool again"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Contratuations (:
I actually can't believe I've been on here for this long, too. The only thing that's kept me around is the Suites.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 pm
Happy gaiaversary! This thread reminded me that my 5th was about 2 weeks ago. xD

I think the community has lost some of the closeness it had a long time ago, but at the same time the smaller communities that have sprung up since parts have gotten more focused to different things have all become terrific. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:16 pm
technically since 05 but on this account since 07

I've liked the exponential growth of everything on here.  

dap tones

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 pm
My friend just gave my a pair of winged anklets... I've never been given something worth so much. emo heart
I almost cried.

Man I'm so happy and it inspired me to sell more stuff to buy some items I really want.
I had all three porridge items, but they don't match things well (besides the bitter one). Selling those.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:43 pm
6 Years on and off with Gaia.

When I started I think all there was to do game wise was fishing. There were no houses to own in gaia homes, and no tattoos, no furniture shops or anything like that. Oh, and polls were very lucrative, I made enough to get a ninja headband in a month back when they were 50k...  

Aaditya

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 am
Gah... I'm 6 years on, 2 as a moderator.

I still know people from back then, It's amazing that peoples lives have changed so much.
People leaving school for jobs, getting married (a few wouldn't legally have been able to when I first joined), some having kids... some divorcing and re-marrying.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Like Scrub, i have been here 6 years and i have been a Mod for just shy of 12 months.

Honestly? I probably would have quit way back in '06-'07 if it hadn't of been for the people i met in the AT. This guild stopped my quitting when i became crew here and i think if i hadn't decided to become a Mod, RL would have sucked me away for the most part.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 am
My 5 year 'versary was in January, so getting close to 6 years now! I've grown up a lotttt. Now and then I chance over some of my older posts and want to wretch from how much of a stupid little brat I was. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 am
Abbacus
My 5 year 'versary was in January, so getting close to 6 years now! I've grown up a lotttt. Now and then I chance over some of my older posts and want to wretch from how much of a stupid little brat I was. emo

wen i joined gaia 6 yrs ago i tlkd lik ths 2 sound kewl.

Needless to say, you're not the only one who's grown up. rofl

Nexus Carbuncle

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 pm
I started April 2005.
CRAZY !

The Suites

Manage Your Items