Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
a*****e roommates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drop the hammer?
  Yes
  No
  Can't you talk it out?
  Give him an IM succinylcholine injection!
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:52 am
So on Monday my roomie decides to get drunk. No biggie, he just bellows like a wildebeast because he's a moron, but nothing I can't ignore. The next day I head out of my apartment and I see a part of my hookah in the dirt. I ask this guy what the hell happened and he tells me that I was asleep so he took my hookah to a friend's place. I tell him that taking my s**t without permission isn't cool, and if he can't get my permission, he shouldn't take it. He tells me "Okay, but I was drunk."

He's a med student as well. That s**t shouldn't even fly in high school.

Today I come back from hanging out for once to come back to him saying that he drank my beer. My seasonal beer that is out of season. My seasonal beer that was a gift from a friend. Abita isn't exactly a common name for a beer brand so this punk should know better. One more disrespectful act like this and I'm going to say he can't use any of my stuff. The dishware, the couches, the nice 3DTV, the wireless, it's all mine. All this guy has is a desk, a bed, his clothes, and his food. b***h a** better believe I'll drop the hammer  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 am
No. Destroy something of his. SOmething precious to him. Say nothing about it. Let him find it one day when this day has passed. Let him wonder. Possibly cry. Feel warm for years.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 am
I'm glad I m fond of my roommates.
Yeah using people's things, eating their food, etc without permission is terrible.
I'd say stick him with an ultimatum. You stop this or else. DUNDUNDUN. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:07 pm
I'd definitely tell him about how if he continues to borrow and take your stuff without permission, then you think that you both shouldn't bother sharing anything anymore. This way, he actually knows and gives you a little bit of a greater chance of him not doing it... maybe. Because while taking all your crap from him is satisfying, it's not going to create a good environment for you guys to get along.

One of my roommates has been evil. x.x I have two (technically three, but one is never there.) They had a lot more s**t in the cabinets, so I talked about us just dividing the cabinets up so I didn't continue to feel like I had no room to put my self. My roommate got pissed and decided, as punishment, to take all of her pots, pans, and various kitchen appliances (blender and rice cooker) into her room when we all originally agreed to share. I had to go out and buy s**t I already had (but sent home with my mom because she already had one). Of course, now she's complaining about how our other roommate is taking too much room in the freezer and how she wished it was possible to divide up the freezer (ironyyyyyy), so she's been passive aggressive about that as well.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm
That is true painful, I guess I just don't have time to have a real convo about it with him, but if it happens again I'll bring it up.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:00 pm
Comparitivley, my housemates aren't as bad. They're my friends from uni so they're not complete strangers unlike when Americans go to college and share a room with someone they've never met. So you'd think I'd be more tolerant. But my friend Gerard leaves cereal bowls and glasses for days on end and we end up having to wash them for him. We also have rota'd days for washing and mine is Wednesday. I came home early afternoon on Wednesday to find Grace using the washing machine. I just didn't say anything but she should know better than to use it when it's my agreed day to.

The way I see it, even if you live with your friends, there will always be little things they do that annoy you. Grace's room is opposite mine and she always leaves to go to the bathroom and leaves the landing light on after herself which really pisses me off. But hey, it's not all bad and when it's good, it's really good.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:09 pm
If I were you I'd get a lock on my bedroom door, and keep EVERYTHING in there.. sounds like a d**k move.. but if he keeps messing with your s**t it's probably a good idea. >3

Also mini fridges ftw!
Keep your beer in there in your locked room.. if he wonders why everything is locked tell him to think about what he did.

Being drunk is NEVER a good excuse.
Sure you do messed up things when you are drunk.. but you should apologize and offer to replace s**t if you broke it or it went missing. talk2hand

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:14 pm
Oooh! Ooh! More fun!

Put germy stuff on the rim of a *certain* beer can. Be certain you know which one it is. Just never drink from it. If he gets the runs from it, it's his own fault, right? *_*  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items