Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lego!

Back to Guilds

There's a reason we're the newest sensation since sliced bread. Come on in and find out. 

Tags: lego, mindstorms, creation, bionicle, trippindicular 

Reply Everything Lego!
LEGO Digital Designer and LEGO Design By Me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus Adler

Distinct Conversationalist

10,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 am
I was wondering if anybody used either of these services to digitally build, display and/or buy their own custom sets. I post regularly to the DbM Gallery under a pseudonym and find it extremely relaxing to sit at my desk and build kits without having to have actual bricks out all over the place.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 am
I have used the Lego Designer software to try out ideas though I've never actually ordered parts using that.  

Catlander

Ruthless Capitalist

9,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ryotaro Takamaru

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:38 am
I do.. Lego Design-By-Me orders the parts, but they don't come cheap. I made a minifigure, and it cost 14.95, no lie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 am
Takahashi Ryotaro
I do.. Lego Design-By-Me orders the parts, but they don't come cheap. I made a minifigure, and it cost 14.95, no lie.

It's much, much cheaper to buy your parts individually through the Pick-A-Brick program. I was doing a part-by-part shopping cart that matched a robot leg I had developed, and the damn thing cost more than double through DbM and less than $6 through Pick-A-Brick.  

Cyrus Adler

10,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100

Ryotaro Takamaru

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 am
Doctor Edgewood
I was wondering if anybody used either of these services to digitally build, display and/or buy their own custom sets. I post regularly to the DbM Gallery under a pseudonym and find it extremely relaxing to sit at my desk and build kits without having to have actual bricks out all over the place.

Hmm..Would your pseudonym be "Mithryl Dlarix"?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Takahashi Ryotaro
Doctor Edgewood

Hmm..Would your pseudonym be "Mithryl Dlarix"?

No, I don't post on the DbM galleries anymore, though I have an extensive catalog of uploads there. I mostly post on MOC Pages now. My pseudonym was and is ForteNoir. Also, the Double Zeta in your sig got cut off.

Cyrus Adler

10,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100

Ryotaro Takamaru

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm