Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Studying = Procrastination?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Just Dance.
View Results

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 am
Yuppo,I SUCK at studying and today I'm suppose to write my math test and I'm unsure if I'm really prepared or not =| I have been studying since last week but it's math and it's NOT my strong point.I'm just wondering for all of you guys who attend college or just highschool or did attend one or the other at some point,how did you guys find the best times and ways to study that were the most successful?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:50 am
When you've had lots of caffeine xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Super Ultra Mega LinZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 am
It can be hard. High School was such a breeze for me that when I got to the University, I didn't know how to study at first when I started taking higher level classes.

I finally worked out that I study best in quiet places like the library. In fact, I pretty much study the best at the library---it's a little cliche, but I've also worked at a library for about ten years so I find the place very comforting!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:36 pm
This can't be done for everything, but for my first history test in college I made flash cards and I ended up getting an A on my test.
I also made flashcards for history in high school a few times.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Aaditya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 pm
You have to focus. Avoid distractions, and if you are not doing something you need to, ask yourself, "what am I avoiding?" Set up a schedule for studying and then get to it. If you put things off, yes you get to enjoy your time now, but then you have to cram and you'll perform worse on your exam, assignment, or whatever it may be.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 pm
It helps when you don't have any distractions. I also usually read the stuff out loud to myself, so then I say and hear it. o: It seems to help me at least. It also helps me when I study over a long time, like spending only a little bit of time on it every day for a week or so.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

diffun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 pm
become a teacher's pet. sorry to say. i didn't in high school and therefore didn't get as high a mark as i could have.
by that i mean do as many practice exams/tests/papers as you can, have them mark it, pester them to have classes outside of hours (we did to that for psychology, but it was my teacher's idea) where you go over not the whole curriculum, but the bits that everyone is having trouble with.
no distractions and practice.... that's about it.
oh, and i always found myself cleaning my room to avoid study (i still do), so having a clean work space (that smells nice too, i found incense very calming throughout my last year of high school... because i am a bit pretentious like that, haha) is really helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 am
For me, last year as a resident I learned the best time to study was either late at night when people have quieted down and the only noise I have for company is my fan. xD Or else when my roommate was in class. Basically when I just have some white noise going.

This year, I've learned the stuff I need serious quiet for is best studied when it's after quiet hours have started, and for stuff that can be interrupted often without losing place while I'm working the front desk of my building.

I hope you do well/did well on your test~!  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff