Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
itunes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm
Almost a year ago, I began using itunes. One of my pastors challenged us to stop downloading music illegally. So, I stopped and began using itunes and paying for my music.

But, I was told that the artists don't get any of the money from the songs that are bought from itunes.

Does anyone know if that's true?
And what are your thoughts on stealing music?
Is it worth it to even use itunes if the artists don't see any of the profit from their song sales?
Anything related  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:53 pm
Stealing is not only illegal but also scriptre says "Thou shall not steal."  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 pm
The artists do get money, but not nearly enough as much as you'd think they do. We shouldn't be stealing music. You wouldn't steal from an art gallery, so why would you steal music? Sure, it's easier. But that doesn't make it okay. And I'm positive you'd be angry if someone stole something that you created.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm
I have a good question to go with this topic. Would trading songs be considered stealing since the artist isn't getting paid for your friend's songs?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:55 pm
I know what the scriptures say about stealing though my concern was that the artists don't get profit from their songs being sold on itunes. And if that was the case, was itunes essentially stealing. But, I looked online and yeah, it seems that artists make profit from itunes.

And I haven't pirated music in a few years because of the challenge my pastor proposed. I was just thinking about things.

And to Gothic's question, I would have to say it is still stealing on some level.
What do you think about burning CD's for someone?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I-tunes is the biggest (and most popular, most known) music store in the world, has been around for 5(?) years, and is part of one of the biggest companies in the world, Apple. If they were stealing the music off of the artists don't you think there would be a million lawsuits, they would be closed down, all over the news, and in jail? Also Apple has a reputation to keep and build upon. Also the artists have to give their consent to sell the music on I-tunes. They don't just wake up one day, go on Apple, and out of the middle of nowhere see their music on there.

Also since now a days people buy more music digitally then physically, and the artists are obviously (when you look at their lifestyles) making a profit from something, it's safe to say that they get a profit from I-tunes.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am
You know, if I had put a bit more thought into it, I'm sure I would have realized everything that you said, Br1t. Thank you :3
It's not uncommon for me to fry my brain during the semester ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:11 am
The websites that you buy and download music from have obtained their product legitimately and legally. If they hadn't done that then there'd be lawsuits galore.

I second what Br1ttana said.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas