Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Mortal Insturments Movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Yea... its been confirmed... theres gonna be a movie. Dont know who the actors are gonna be or nothing but i saw it on FB, i follow Cassandra Clare, u can go real all of it on there.... this is awful. i will retract my statement if the movies turn out good, which they prolly wont seeing the mess they made out of the twilight saga crying

What do yall think??  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 pm
as long as they dont completely FAIL *cougheragoncoughcough* or *coughcoughgoldencompasscough* then I will be happy. The actors have to act good, i don't care what they looks like as long as the acting is good (well clary can't be super tall with black hair but you know what I mean). The facts have to be some what right (I alow for wiggle room on that, not a lot though). they HAVE TO FOLLOW THE PLOT AND KEEP THE MAIN IDEAS (they can leave out the small things but there are some things that just CAN'T be left out). NO crappy special effects, I don't wanna see a lightning blot copy and pasted over for a magical beam or something. And dialouge can't be cheesey *coughcoughtwilightchough* (mostly only the first one). It doesn't have to be absolutely amazing cuz it's the first one but no childish crap either.  

worldofbooks96

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:38 pm
I'm just glad they confirmed that there's only going to be the first book in the first movie! That already solves many problems I was fearing. Cassandra says she wants Emma Stone to be Clary, which I was also kinda thinking when I was watching Easy A. Not the best choice, but there are plenty of worse ones. I am going to be as positive as posible until the movie comes out. *crosses fingers*

Here's a good site for movie and book info on Clare:
http://www.examiner.com/the-mortal-instrument-in-national/natalie-clark  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:39 pm
Hey everyone! I don't know if you've heard, but last Friday, Dec 10, it was released that someone has been chosen for the role of Clary Fray: Lily Collins. She played the daughter in 'The Blind Side' and even though she's 21 I think it's a fairly good choice. I haven't seen anything she's been in so I don't know the extent of her acting skills, but the physical match is good. What I wanna know is: What does everyone else think of this developement? Do you like the choice for Clary? Leave a reply, I'd love to know!  

netherfreak
Captain

Brielle Aimer La Vie

Friendly Humorist

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm
I wouldn't have picked lily collins for clary. I would have had like emma roberts. I've seen some fan made trailers and i think she would be good. I think everyone seems to have their Jace picked out. Alex Pettyfer. I think he would be good. I hope they don't get it wrong like they do with so many other movies. I am hesitant about seeing it because i don't want them to completely differ from the plot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm
i hope it turns out awesome!  

StarryGrell

7,650 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 pm
I'm scared that they might mess up the movie... The books are really good and I love them I would hate being a fan and watching a horrible movie made for it. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will be good!!!! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm
xXxBlackWishxXx
I'm scared that they might mess up the movie... The books are really good and I love them I would hate being a fan and watching a horrible movie made for it. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will be good!!!! whee

I agree Fingers crossed  

Brielle Aimer La Vie

Friendly Humorist

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx

I agree Fingers crossed
Well even if the movie really sucks I'll still like the books. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 am
xXxBlackWishxXx
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx

I agree Fingers crossed

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I've been through the book-to-movie dispair(cirque du freak, or vampire's assistant as they call it, was horrible, as was Golden Compass). I was surprised at how fast I got over it, espescially since I LOVE the Cirque du Freak series(not as much as I love MI but still). Personally, I think there's still hope, but that could just be the denial talking xd heart  

netherfreak
Captain

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx

I agree Fingers crossed

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I've been through the book-to-movie dispair(cirque du freak, or vampire's assistant as they call it, was horrible, as was Golden Compass). I was surprised at how fast I got over it, espescially since I LOVE the Cirque du Freak series(not as much as I love MI but still). Personally, I think there's still hope, but that could just be the denial talking xd heart
Never give up hope!! Hahaha I'm hoping it is good and they don't mess it up... So they need people to play the part! No bad ones like Twilight.... which I frankly think is horrible xD but I no longer like the books myself. MI is waaaay better hahaha. In my opinion at least. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 pm
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx

I agree Fingers crossed

Never give up hope!! Hahaha I'm hoping it is good and they don't mess it up... So they need people to play the part! No bad ones like Twilight.... which I frankly think is horrible xD but I no longer like the books myself. MI is waaaay better hahaha. In my opinion at least. :3

AGREED!!! xd  

netherfreak
Captain

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:17 pm
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx

I agree Fingers crossed

AGREED!!! xd

Yay someone else that agrees!!!! :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 pm
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx

AGREED!!! xd

Totally that always seems to happen because of the movie the books just seem less appealing but i still hope it comes out well  

Brielle Aimer La Vie

Friendly Humorist

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:15 am
Brielle Aimer La Vie
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx
netherfreak
xXxBlackWishxXx

AGREED!!! xd

Totally that always seems to happen because of the movie the books just seem less appealing but i still hope it comes out well
I agree but I love this series. x3  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces