Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
aSitD needs more players! [Full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 am
Hi all.

My game A Shot in the Dark has had many problems since it's start (supposedly over 2 months ago). Mainly due to the fact that until recently my internet access has been shoddy at the best of times. This has lead to weeks between posts and even leaving of players. The game is still yet to get the jump start most games have within the first week or two. 3/7 players are no longer in the game so I have 2 positions (3 if the backup player is no longer interested) to go.

Read the setting info thread for the jist of the game and see what the party's like. First come first serve.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 pm
What are the rules for character creation? I have a character almost done for the mercs game I can easily change somethings to make it work for here too. I just need to know what is different  

glitterboypilot

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 pm
Sorry, here's a link to the original recruitment thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:17 pm
I'd be up for joining. It appears i've lost two games for the foreseeable future.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 am
Rook - The Warforged Ranger
The Audit

Like most people, you haven't given yourself a +2 benefit for your background. Reading your background, I'd say Perception or Athletics would be the most relevant skills.

Also, not a major thing, but it looks like you've lost 5g somewhere along the way. >.<

I've got your receipt as:
Distance Crossbow - Free
Adventure's Kit - 15g
Leather Armour - 25g
Halberd - 25g
Hand Crossbow - 25g
Change - 10g

But you've only given yourself 5 gold.

Other than that you're done. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:00 am
So this means we have 2 Controllers, 1 Leader, 1 Defender and 1 Striker with two positions open.

Glitterboy and Spork can grab them if you're both still interested? With the party at the moment, I think some more melee characters would be a BIG help. So far only 1/5th of party are solely melee, with the Tieflings helping a little with some melee and close bursts, but I think the party's pretty ranged out. >.<  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 am
SporkMaster5000
I'd be up for joining. It appears i've lost two games for the foreseeable future.
i think i know what i'd like to play, but i'd like to ask the DM's stance on what is technically a fudging of the rules.

If i wanted to be a hybrid psion using the shaper focus from psionic power, would you say i get minor creation for free and shaped consciousness from hybrid talent?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:38 am
SporkMaster5000
SporkMaster5000
i think i know what i'd like to play, but i'd like to ask the DM's stance on what is technically a fudging of the rules.

If i wanted to be a hybrid psion using the shaper focus from psionic power, would you say i get minor creation for free and shaped consciousness from hybrid talent?

I'm pretty liberal with character creation. But I'm going to say no.

One because Psionic Power isn't on character builder so I can't check what that focus is. Plus I know very little about anything PHB3 and Hybrids (which I've never been interested in so haven't really learnt how they work) in general so I'll be honest and say I don't really understand. sweatdrop Sorry to be a kill joy.  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 am
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
SporkMaster5000

I'm pretty liberal with character creation. But I'm going to say no.

One because Psionic Power isn't on character builder so I can't check what that focus is. Plus I know very little about anything PHB3 and Hybrids (which I've never been interested in so haven't really learnt how they work) in general so I'll be honest and say I don't really understand. sweatdrop Sorry to be a kill joy.
curse you character builder!

edit: wow, seriously curse you character builder. dragon 390 hasn't gone up either, and it would really help my sorcerer gish. now i have to come up with a whole new character instead of one of my ideas i just haven't had the chance to use.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 am
Or I could just stop looking at strikers and play my favorite class and hope for the best.

Reed Calmwater, the biggest thing under four feet tall.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 pm
I not sure what steam punk technology is, but I will have my character up later tonight. I have to get ready for school now.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:40 pm
joe-dude667
Rook - The Warforged Ranger
The Audit

Like most people, you haven't given yourself a +2 benefit for your background. Reading your background, I'd say Perception or Athletics would be the most relevant skills.

Also, not a major thing, but it looks like you've lost 5g somewhere along the way. >.<

I've got your receipt as:
Distance Crossbow - Free
Adventure's Kit - 15g
Leather Armour - 25g
Halberd - 25g
Hand Crossbow - 25g
Change - 10g

But you've only given yourself 5 gold.

Other than that you're done. mrgreen
Fixed, with 2gp off for ammo  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:23 pm
WHO DARES ADVENTURE WITH EMO TIEFLING?! scream

emo  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Steampunk.

This is still a standard DnD affair. Just with a few Steampunk elements. Imagin it a few years after the invention of the steam train I guess. Or the Hyrule universe.  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm
Hyrule isn't a consistent setting. Spirit Tracks is the only one of those games that is just barely steampunk, and really it's just fantasy with trains. Eberron is more steampunk than Spirit Tracks and nobody uses steam in Eberron.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff