Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Music Is Life~

Back to Guilds

Talk about favorite music, singers. Dream avi contests. Be colorful. Just Having some fun! 

Tags: music, free, help, contests, gold 

Reply ★ Main Forum
How did you find your favorite band/artist? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cuttlebone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:01 pm
Or, if you don't have one favorite, how do you usually find new music?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:39 pm
Personally, I surf the net, listen to the radio or suggestions from friends, and all that other good stuff...  

The Shadowshades
Captain

Invisible Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Roleplayninjakitty239

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:12 am
Well...I would hear songs on the radio and ask my siblings who they were by....Then I started going to Youtube.....And I had heard the name Linkin Park before....So I put in a song I knew...And now I know alot of their songs 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 am
I usually just listen to the country station, thats how I hear new music ^^  

Vanna1994
Vice Captain

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200

THEMindlessSelfIndulgence

1,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:45 pm
i find new bands frm youtube i look threw whts recommended
justhttp://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs455.snc4/49866_100001389616045_8289_q.jpg  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm
I never put how I found mine =P

It was a combination of movie soundtracks and iTunes recommendations that found me Eels.  

cuttlebone

Akahana ru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 am
I lissen to songs and if i like it i would surf the web and look for it,or i just get songs from my fwends rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:52 am
I grew up with the older stuff, and by old I mean Patsy Cline, Johny Cash, Pryne, Waylon, ect. My mom was a hippy child (she was at Woodstock when she was around 14) so there was a lot of Peace and Love music, and she liked rock 'n' roll so we were always listening to stuff. All the current stuff (except country, which I listen to on my own) I get from my friends. My ride to game sessions blasted a lot of Lordi, and then he explained about the band and now I'm hooked. My little sister keeps my pretty current with the "Bubblegum Pop" aka what my generation called NSYNC and every other boy band. (Lord I hope she outgrows that fast.) The Doors were a fav of a crush of mine, so I started listening and got addicted. biggrin Will stop rambling on now...stopping...right...now. Uh huh.  

latinhoneybee

Celebrating Reveler

10,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:30 pm
Roleplayninjakitty239
Well...I would hear songs on the radio and ask my siblings who they were by....Then I started going to Youtube.....And I had heard the name Linkin Park before....So I put in a song I knew...And now I know alot of their songs 3nodding

Meeeee tooooooo : )  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 pm
i was recommended Mushroomhead when in 7th grade and got INSTANTLY hooked and they are STILL my fave band and i'm in 10th grade xd  

Craven Sapphire

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm
I go on Pandora and type in a band I already know, and then the related music that plays is similar, and I usually end up liking it. Like once I typed in My Chemical Romance, and some stuff by Panic! at the Disco and The Used popped up. So in just a few minutes of listening to an online radio, I discovered two more bands!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 pm
I found my favorite band by playing DDR (Dance Dance revi) For any of you who know who that is. But my favorite band is A flock of seagulls. And they were an 80s one-hit wonder. Their one hit was their song "i ran". And they had a remix of it on there and it was a pretty cool song. Then i got on youtube and listened to the real song by the band and im like ewww this is stupid! But i just kept coming back to it and i found i loved it so then i listened to some of their other songs and i loved them and i went from there lol.  

deidaraluv101

fancyhandles

4,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am
YouTube or I would buy Vans Warped Tour CD's with many different bands on it. I discovered some bands on video games like Tony Hawk games.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 pm
I found out about Phantom of the Opera by my parents. :3 And a casette in their CD drawer. That's also how I found Miss Saigon and Les Miserables.
My favorite songs that aren't from plays are from Josh Groban, Mady Moore, and Gorillaz.
All friends, except the Josh Groban part. biggrin

Neon Charlie

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Contributor 150

Vanna1994
Vice Captain

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:43 pm
Sometimes my sister also sends me song, which is where I heard Brooklyn Rage, and video games, which is where Ive heard Tear's Grand Fonic Hymn ^^  
★ Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff