Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm
@The Magistrate's Tent

Kojiro nodded as the magistrates spoke and made his request for one pony. If speed was of the importance, then he would need a horse to get there quickly. The bushi also requested a week's ration of rice.

"Huh. You've done well here, Kaiu-san. I would think that you would want to tell your parents about your achievements. As it is, it's a shame we're not going anywhere near Yasuki Shiki. I have at least some bits of good information to pass on to my grandmother and my sister."  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 pm
@The Magistrate's Tent:

"Hmmm? Well I'm sure I could help you find a messenger at Kuda Mura... Though it might not be seemly to aid a man with your reputation... Though you have taken full responsibility without complaint... Gah! I will decide when we reach my home... I bet my workshop is a lot more tidier than I left it." Mused Kagae his brow furrowing with annoyance, "also the badges aren't made of jade due to the current shortage of jade it is more likely to be green pigmentation added during forging."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 10 Total: 22 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:48 pm
Denbe considered as he listened- he was pleased by his new station far too much at the moment. This was the sort of thing he would have gladly helped with even without being asked; important, honorable work. The information and power the title provided only helped.

As the were debriefed, he took a note of what was mentioned, though except the magistrate's disappearance the details seemed too vague to help much. The location was of great interest, however-

He'd heard of the mountains before, and for what help it might provide he tried to recall more details about what had transpired there and it's present state.

"If I may, Benjiro-sama," the Hare said as the others began to leave, "I believe a horse, and rope and hook might be of great use. I'd also like to request some arrows if they are available- five armor piercers, two rope cutters, and two humming bulbs." A horse for each of them would make travel much faster, and as the matter was no doubt time sensitive in all regards, he'd want all of the wardens mounted if possible. On a mountain, rope would have great use as well and the arrows... one could never be too prepared.

"As well as some extra rations, if it please you."

[3k3 Intelligence/Lore(History, I think): 26]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:50 pm
[Explosion: ]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 pm
@The Magistrate's Tent

One more reason to thank grandmother. Kojiro thought. It's also going to be a while before I live that down. Kojiro nodded politely to the Crab. "I thank you. Hopefully, our cousins are putting that jade to good use, eh?"

The Scorpion would shrug and start heading back to the Scorpion tent. "I guess I will see you all soon.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm
@ Magistrate Tent:

"As long as it's not the horse I used during the competition, I believe that I shall request one too." Thinking for a moment, he shook his head. "Aside from rice and a kasa, I can think of nothing else I require." Bowing to the magistrates, he would leave, heading to pack up his things and sleep in the copse of trees tonight.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 pm
Gear Request: Basic Travel Supplies (Food and Water most likely, dunno what else is a necessity), 20 Willow Arrows, Daikyu Bow, Horse/Pony (whichever is more reasonable for a courtier).  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:43 pm
@Still at the Magistrate's Tent
Kyumi quietly answered Seichiro's muttered remark."I don't know... I hope they don't think I've done anything wrong..." She looks to be in the dark as much as he is about the situation. She'd do as she'd been told, though, and would patiently wait until the magistrates filled them in.

Equipment Requests-
(Under the presumption that they might need to camp) Bucket, Blanket, Flint and Tinder, Small tents (two to three
(Otherwise...) Horse/Pony, Several Weeks supply of Rations (2 to 3?)  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:56 pm
Matsu Seichiro
Heavy Armor: Granted
No-dachi: Granted

Kaiu Kagae
No request

Bayushi Kojiro
Rokugani Pony: Denied
Week's rations of rice: Granted

Ujina Denbe
Horse: Denied
Rope: Granted
Hook: Granted
Armor Piercing Arrows: Denied
Rope Cutter Arrows: Denied
Humming Bulb Arrows: Denied
Week's rations of cumin rice: Granted

Yoritomo Hisashi
Week's rations of rice/water: Granted
20 Willow Leaf Arrows: Granted
Daikyu Bow: Granted
Pony: Denied

Kitsu Kyumi
Bucket: Granted
Blanket: Granted
Flint & Tinder: Granted
Small Tent: Granted, but only 1.
Medicine Kit: Granted
Rope: Granted
Pony: Denied
Extra rations: Granted, but only 1 week's worth.

In addition, everyone's stipend will increase. Everyone receives 2 ranks of the Wealthy advantage for free. This does increase your current amount of koku by 2.

In addition, everyone gains 5 points of status.

--------------------

"The equipment you requested that we are able to spare will be sent to your tents. Unfortunately, we cannot spare the steeds. They too are a precious commodity these days. Unlike the jade, though, their numbers will increase, and we will send you mounts of your own as soon as it becomes feasible." Benjiro would explain. Kita looked like she wanted to speak up, but no words escaped - she cannot argue a point that was based in fact.

Soon, the samurai would depart, leaving Matsu Seichiro and Kitsu Kyumi alone with the magistrates.

"I'm sure you're definitely wondering what you did wrong. Don't worry, you two haven't screwed up yet." Course as ever, Raicho actually seemed straight-faced and unemotional.

"Truth be told, it was not our idea to have you wait here like this. This is a special request. Please, come with me. This is for the two of you alone, and we shall not participate in the meeting that awaits you." Standing up, Kita would leave her position on the mat and the sides of her companions, gesturing towards an open screen door that lead to a hallway.

After following her around a set of corners, she would gesture towards an open room for the two of you to enter. As soon as you had entered, she would shut the door behind you, leaving you in a completely barren room.

Well, completely barren, except for a single individual who was sitting on the opposite side, their back to you. The older gentleman would turn around, revealing himself as a familiar face.

"Hello, Kyumi-san. Hello, Seichiro-san. Hopefully you don't mind me setting this up with the magistrates. It was part of my... my plea bargain, and reward for winning the tournament." Kan seemed a bit strained in his voice, but his face, his demeanor, was as friendly as ever.

"First and foremost, I must apologize. I've never truly and properly introduced myself to either of you." Clearing his throat, he would continue. "My name is Ikoma Juzo, Rikugunshokan of the spirit armies of Hantei XVI, the Steel Chrysanthemum. And... I am both of your shared ancestor."  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 pm
Seichiro blinked twice, then shook his head after all the information entered his brain. "T-the Rikugunshokan?!" At this point, Seichiro didn't know whether to bow in respect or not. Not only that, he seemed to be an ancestor to both him and Kyumi. "Juzo-sama, why reveal this information to us now?"  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Agent Sinistra rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 4, 1, 10, 6 Total: 32 (6-60)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:56 pm
Kyumi would look at the man who sat before them with a look of surprise, and would quickly bow (perhaps a bit too deeply) to hide some of her embarrassment. To think that one of her ancestors had been with them, and she - a Kitsu! - had not even suspected! Even if he had purposefully been hiding it from them all, she should have at least picked up on something...

"Honored ancestor..." The words came out quietly. "I-" She tried to speak, only to not know exactly where to begin. She felt as if she should have known better than to have been as familiar as she had been with him. While Kyumi hadn't realized his true nature, she felt that perhaps she should have known better...

((Rolling Lore:Ancestors to see if Kyumi actually would be able to recognize the name from her family tree or not. 4k2 = 11 neutral ))  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:13 am
@ Meeting with Kan:

Kyumi would not recognize the name. She might if she had participated in the Storytelling Competition on Day 2, however.

Kan - that is to say, Juzo - would hold up a hand and wave it dissuadingly at the two. "Please, none of that. I am not worthy of any praise. My hubris was paid for with the lives of my men in my first life, and I was so insistent on not repeating my first mistake, I created a whole second one that cost the lives of many good Rokugani men and women."

He would let out a sigh. "Not only did I lead many battles that resulted in victory for the Steel Chrysanthemum, but in the end, I turned traitor and ran when the tide of war was turning in favor of Toturi. I had heard of the Hantei's plan to abduct the children of the Phoenix Clan as hostages and wanted no part of it. It was a pointless gambit for a war that he had already lost. So I am a traitor to not only Rokugan, but to my fellow spirits as well."

His voice seemed strained. The words came clearly, as if practiced, but they still seemed hard for him. "I retreated to one of the Four Temples and tried to start my life over as a monk... like a coward. I spent my time trying to come to peace with the choices I had made, and in my spare time, researching my family history, tracking down which descendents existed in this day and age. I dare not show my face in Lion lands, but when the tournament happened, and I found out that the two of you were competing, I pleaded with the other monks to let me go. Most said no, but one said yes - the head monk of the order. I had to see that my line was still carrying on, was still happy... and was more honorable than I ever was. I'm glad to see that this is the case."

He smiled a bit, looking to Seichiro. "This brings us to your question, Seichiro-san." From within his robes, he would pull out a sheathed wakizashi, placing it on the mat before him. "I have made my plea with the magistrates, and they have accepted my request to an honorable seppuku. The returned spirits who were loyal to Hantei XVI were supposed to have sent themselves back to the spirit realms by leaping from a cliff. I should have gone with them, but I was too busy hiding in my temple. I've seen what I wanted to see in this second lifetime, and now it's time for me to rejoin my men."

He would nod to Seichiro. "I would like for you to be my second, Seichiro-san." He would turn to Kyumi. "I would like you to be my witness, Kyumi-san."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:52 am
Seichiro felt a deep sense of sadness when Juzo told them his story. He wanted to talk him out of this, but it seemed Juzo made his choice and was adamant in his decision. He sighed, then nodded. "If that is what you wish, Juzo-sama, then I shall assist you. I'll have you know, however... that I'm sort of a pascifist. I'm not sure if I can... go through with this. But I shall try. Are you ready?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:06 am
@ Meeting with Kan:

"I chose to retire into the path of the monk, Seichiro-san. I cannot fault pacifism." Juzo would smile to him, almost serenely. "I think it would be more prudent to wait for you to be ready. I realize this will be difficult for you. But I know you will find it in your heart to be able to do the right thing."

Kan would begin to unsheath the wakizashi, laying the steel across his lap.

"You two will make me proud. I know it. This ritual will cleanse me of my dishonor, but through the two of you, I know I'll truly find redemption. Thank you for fulfilling an old soul's selfish request. And pass my gratitude on to the magistrates, as well."

There would be a bit of silence, as Juzo would reach once more for the handle of the wakizashi. Slowly, delicately, he would turn the blade in his hands, so the point was facing inward. Closing his eyes, he would listen for Seichiro to take up position beside him...

--------------------

And at that point, the lanterns would dim, and the curtains would draw upon the silhouettes of the actors portraying your story on the stage. The director would step forth, before the curtain, bowing to the audience.

"The monk Kan... known in life as Ikoma Juzo... met an honorable end via seppuku, aided by his living descendent Matsu Seichiro. Seichiro would take the incident to heart, and it would weigh heavily on his conscience for the weeks to come."

"However, this is but the first step of a greater journey for Seichiro, and the rest of the Jade Wardens. The next morning, they would depart as a group, their first mission already handed down to them: Find the missing jade magistrate and fiance of Doji Kita, someone who they all respected. The group would have no idea the ill-fated journey that awaited them in the Twilight Mountains."

"However, they had a different task that awaited them at the foot of the mountains, one that they were not prepared for. Luckily, they would find aid in the form of Jade Magistrate Kuni Raicho's ally, a scorpion woman who's guile is now reknown. How would that aid our Jade Wardens in the challenges to come?"

"Please, continue to sit and enjoy the show. The actors will answer this question and continue their tale with Act II." The director would bow once more and back off the stage with the applauds of the audience, as the curtains would draw, revealing seven silhouettes. As the lanterns were relit, the actors portraying the Jade Wardens would come into view...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out